Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

3 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

He's only 24 and he's played a lot of football, which is obviously great. He's a bit more experienced than Soyuncu but his age and stature gives me the impression that he'd be a good fit to the physicality of the PL. Obviously his European and International experience are added benefits too. Would be pretty happy if this was to happen irrespective of the Fofana deal - I think Tah is a player that will realistically improve our squad straight away, without needing to spend time on loan etc. 

Silly question but does anyone know if Bayer are up for selling him?

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Getting Dragovic wouldn’t be a bad option. 

This is one that tickles me when I read it. He barely played for us, he had barely played for these since he barely played for us either.

Yeah he did ok for us but times have changed, I’d have Miguel Vitor back personally.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Silly question but does anyone know if Bayer are up for selling him?

I think he has a release clause but it is something like 35 million Euros. As he is not in the side I'm sure they would accept a lot less but I think a loan is the obvious way forward if that is acceptable to Bayer of course. I'm sure this will be the main negotiation if it happens... but we cannot get into another month long saga!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I think he has a release clause but it is something like 35 million Euros. As he is not in the side I'm sure they would accept a lot less but I think a loan is the obvious way forward if that is acceptable to Bayer of course. I'm sure this will be the main negotiation if it happens... but we cannot get into another month long saga!

Especially since the transfer window closes in two weeks.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chapero82 said:

so basically he is a very good defender, but the system they play either doesn't allow his defending stats to go up because the midfield press successfully, or the press fails and him and dragovic are over run making them seem poor and lowering their stats. 

this basically fits with Brendan's 'look at broken players' rule. stats aren't great but actually there is a highly logical reason for this being the case, and a very good player in there as well.

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d be surprised if we get him either, like I said a few weeks back Voller was a bastard during the Aranguize saga, and will likely have our pants down. He is still the director of football there isn’t he? 

How was he? We were buying aranguiz from a different club weren't we? It was the players decision.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

How was he? We were buying aranguiz from a different club weren't we? It was the players decision.

His comments about us, he was very outspoken about us being a small fry. Nothing to do with the player, his conduct during the saga towards us was patronising to say the least.

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d be surprised if we get him either, like I said a few weeks back Voller was a bastard during the Aranguize saga, and will likely have our pants down. He is still the director of football there isn’t he? 

Weren't an issue getting Dragovic on deadline day, a day we are notoriously bad at getting deals done on. Tah has become 4th choice there, I think they would let us have him on loan with an option to sign permanently.

From what I've read, he's got pace, is good in the air and has good feet on the ball, is great at seeing and executing a pass and is also an intelligent player who reads the game very well.....What's not to like 🤔.......gerrimin 😎👍

Edited by Nickbluefox

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

This is one that tickles me when I read it. He barely played for us, he had barely played for these since he barely played for us either.

Yeah he did ok for us but times have changed, I’d have Miguel Vitor back personally.

I don't get the obsession with Dragovic. Like you say he barely played, people much more qualified than us assessed him and decided we had better options. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

I thought it was all some in joke that went over my head at the time. The bloke was categorically average. 

I think we won something like 1 game when he played, he was never much else but average.

Stems from everyone hating on Morgan (again) and thinking he was the second coming because he wasn't really playing. 

29 minutes ago, Nickbluefox said:

From what I've read, he's got pace, is good in the air and has good feet on the ball, is great at seeing and executing a pass and is also an intelligent player who reads the game very well.....What's not to like 🤔.......gerrimin 😎👍

lol

Where did you read that?