Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Doesn’t sound as exciting but Tah is more what we need than Fofana tbh. 

Already said it but if we could add some threat to our set pieces we’d be frightening. We get plenty of set pieces but I never have much hope we will score from one. 

I remember the days when a corner genuinely felt like a good chance to score and I’d get excited by them. 

This is the EXACT reasoning that I prefer Fofana. Much better in the air than Tah although I certainly wouldnt be disappointed if we signed him. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

This is the EXACT reasoning that I prefer Fofana. Much better in the air than Tah although I certainly wouldnt be disappointed if we signed him. 

Oh really? Can’t say I compared any stats, I just know that Tah is a mountain 

24 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

The problem becomes the risk of serious injury to Fofana at ASSE this season.

Always a risk. It'd suck, but it'd be no different to if we signed him, didn't loan him, and he ended up seriously injured in a game for us. Or if we loaned out a promising youth player from the academy and they ended up injured.

At least if we've bought the player and they get injured whilst elsewhere, their treatment is our responsibility and we can use our own methods for rehab.

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Doesn’t sound as exciting but Tah is more what we need than Fofana tbh. 

Already said it but if we could add some threat to our set pieces we’d be frightening. We get plenty of set pieces but I never have much hope we will score from one. 

I remember the days when a corner genuinely felt like a good chance to score and I’d get excited by them. 

I wouldn't get too excited.  Tah has only scored 4 goals in 224 appearances.  That record is less than half as good as Jonny Evans' who has 18 in 417 games and 3 goals in 74 for Leicester.

Wesley is the man.  Tah will feel like a distant second prize for me.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xen said:

Always a risk. It'd suck, but it'd be no different to if we signed him, didn't loan him, and he ended up seriously injured in a game for us. Or if we loaned out a promising youth player from the academy and they ended up injured.

At least if we've bought the player and they get injured whilst elsewhere, their treatment is our responsibility and we can use our own methods for rehab.

Totally different when our player is injured in a game for us. Serious injury sucks all the same, but it would be worse if (for example) Ricardo had been injured in an international friendly for Portugal. Not sure I want us to pony up Eu30 million only for Fofana to suffer serious late-season injury at ASSE and miss a significant amount of time for us next season or even longer (eg, Amartey was out for almost 2 years - but at least it was in our cause).

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Hold my hands up ,know nothing about either tah or the French lad, whose better and why.?

I don't know anything about them either and I had never heard of Under until a few days but ignorance has never stopped me before. 

My view is that Fofana is a rising star and Tah is a fading star.  Fofana has pace athleticism and huge potential.  Also, the more they say we can't have him, the more it makes me want him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I don't know anything about them either and I had never heard of Under until a few days but ignorance has never stopped me before. 

My view is that Fofana is a rising star and Tah is a fading star.  Fofana has pace athleticism and huge potential.  Also, the more they say we can't have him, the more it makes me want him.

Fading star..... so would you describe him as "broken"?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Who hasn’t had that feeling lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Totally different when our player is injured in a game for us. Serious injury sucks all the same, but it would be worse if (for example) Ricardo had been injured in an international friendly for Portugal. Not sure I want us to pony up Eu30 million only for Fofana to suffer serious late-season injury at ASSE and miss a significant amount of time for us next season or even longer (eg, Amartey was out for almost 2 years - but at least it was in our cause).

Part of the game my friend. Always going to be a risk of injury in sport. As long as he’s not playing on plastic pitches, I’d like to think we’d have learnt from benkovic. 

Hes also young enough to recover from most injuries. So the risk isn’t so great 

Edited by Lambert09

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Part of the game my friend. Always going to be a risk of injury in sport. As long as he’s not playing on plastic pitches, I’d like to think we’d have learnt from benkovic. 

Already noted, but it’s a different sort of risk. You price different risks differently. Why would we take the full risk for the seeming Richard-Heads at ASSE?

Edited by NaijaFox

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Part of the game my friend. Always going to be a risk of injury in sport. As long as he’s not playing on plastic pitches, I’d like to think we’d have learnt from benkovic. 

Hes also young enough to recover from most injuries. So the risk isn’t so great

Sorry but recovery from serious injury can be indeterminable. Many of us are just praying that Ricardo fully gets back to his pre-injury form. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

You could have said the same about Huth.

Not saying you are wrong but sometimes a change of scene can rejuvenate a career. I don't know anything about him but I do know we need at least one CB and maybe 2.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reynard said:

You could have said the same about Huth.

Not saying you are wrong but sometimes a change of scene can rejuvenate a career. I don't know anything about him but I do know we need at least one CB and maybe 2.

Yes, you're right and there are lots of other examples I could think of, of washed up players coming good for us going back to Tony Cottee.  I'd still always choose the model off signing the kid with the potential to be a superstar though.

• Like 1