Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Hopefully our scouting network has a little more acumen than this. Patience is a virtue. Buy well, buy once.

I just feel that currently we seem to be abit more ‘West Ham’ rather than the ‘Leicester of old’ (when we had Steve Walsh) when it comes to recruitment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I just feel that currently we seem to be abit more ‘West Ham’ rather than the ‘Leicester of old’ (when we had Steve Walsh) when it comes to recruitment.

I think you've been tainted by the red brigade in your neck of the woods! :)  I see they're going through their annual recycling of their entire squad again and maybe someone needs to tell them about the definition of insanity!

Just now, Silva Fox said:

I think you've been tainted by the red brigade in your neck of the woods! :)  I see they're going through their annual recycling of their entire squad again and maybe someone needs to tell them about the definition of insanity!

Honestly, they are not even on my radar, I’m glad to report. Completely different league to us these days (literally!)

31 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Shoot me now 🤯. Getting impatient today, seeing Wolves and Everton making some cracking signings. We’re fvcking about with uncle Claude. Just go and buy Tah ffs. Get on with it.

(rant over)

I'll take wolves out of this one, because that's a different model...

Everton are absolutely ****ed if they don't get Europe this season, and you look at their squad and think, even with the additions they're still not quite there yet, and that's been the case for 3 or 4 seasons now!

Everton have no back up at Right Back and only youth back up at Centre Back and Left Back

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

my sources report West Ham are “streamlining and upgrading” their recruiting staff by firing it, and simply piggybacking on LCFC targets.

Actually that would work for most clubs outside Wolves, including the likes of Man U and Arsenal.

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I've said it before, but really tall players often look slow when they're not actually slow.  Tah is not actually slow.

I think youre confusing pace with acceleration, tah has a fast top speed but it takes him a bit to get there which isnt very useful. Someone like mahrez on the other hand isnt particularly quick but his acceleration is very high. Generally acceleration is a lot more important than top speed in football as if you need to go full tilt as a defender youve probably made a mistake anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I disagree, I think we have our shit together after the champ league recruitment scandal. Maddison, Perreira, JJ, Soyuncu, Castagne and  Evans back up my point, but that is what a forum is all about, feel free to have your own take on it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think youre confusing pace with acceleration, tah has a fast top speed but it takes him a bit to get there which isnt very useful. Someone like mahrez on the other hand isnt particularly quick but his acceleration is very high. Generally acceleration is a lot more important than top speed in football as if you need to go full tilt as a defender youve probably made a mistake anyway.

Should this not be on the Top Gear thread?

• Haha 2

On 23/09/2020 at 16:07, FoxinNotts said:

I dunno, just impatient today 😂

I just want us to get a centre back in, then I’ll relax. I see Everton are in for Todibo, Leeds have signed Llorente, and what’s annoying me most is Telles to Utd. 

We of course are totally unaware of whom we have or have not attempted to buy including Telles or even Tagliofico. Likewise, we're unaware who turned us down and why. It's the correct way to do business in that it gives confidence to selling clubs and agents that for future possible dealings, we are trustable and not about to gossip to contacts in the media. At the end of the day, as supporters, it's nice to know but we don't need to know. It's business and as such our thoughts and opinions, that differ between each other greatly, largely based on very little, are an irrelevance compared to the thoughts and calculations of our professionals whose job it is to set a value on a particular transfer target and what subsequent package they should be offered. The clubs current finances, existing wage demands and other outgoings will also of course have to be taken into account, again something else in the equation that we are unaware of but all part of the business. I first two peices of business, though protracted for reasons we don't know, on the surface have the potential to be really good and the majority of us seem happy with. If it takes until deadline day to aquire similar potential quality then so be it. Better no deal than a bad deal. 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2020 at 16:14, AjcW said:

I'll take wolves out of this one, because that's a different model...

Everton are absolutely ****ed if they don't get Europe this season, and you look at their squad and think, even with the additions they're still not quite there yet, and that's been the case for 3 or 4 seasons now!

Everton have no back up at Right Back and only youth back up at Centre Back and Left Back

Kenny is an excellent back up. Had a great season at Schalke tbf. 

On 23/09/2020 at 10:07, FoxinNotts said:

I dunno, just impatient today 😂

I just want us to get a centre back in, then I’ll relax. I see Everton are in for Todibo, Leeds have signed Llorente, and what’s annoying me most is Telles to Utd.

At 18 million quid quoted price tag, we should really be in for him. But now he seems understandably fixated on the interest by Utd, while Utd is seemingly holding firm on a much lower fee.

4 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Kenny is an excellent back up. Had a great season at Schalke tbf. 

Would you swap Ricardo, Castagne and Justin for an Ageing Coleman and Jonjoe Kenny who play OK for a team that finished bottom half of the Bundesliga?