Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

He’s being linked to Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United. 

Youri was great for us for 2 years, however I’m not sure he fits at Liverpool. That industrious midfield is what made them tick and they’ve struggled as it’s aged. 

Manchester United and Arsenal he becomes a squad player. 

• Like 1

On 02/06/2023 at 06:46, Gazza M said:

Hope his decision to run the contract down backfires and he starts pre season training at home without a club. Although knowing charity LCFC we will probably let him use Seagrave if that scenario happened!

Pointless, he can’t get fit there👀

13 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Frustrating, yes probably has been since the FA cup final to see a talented player drop off like he has. He doesn't however deserve the dogs abuse from keyboard warriors regardless of how people think he's performed,  some "fans" really are pathetic. 

This, all day long.

He’s been a good player for Leicester and the last season he was just one of many who, for some reason, just didn’t look right. I’m angry with him for downing tools but that’s the same for many of them.

He’ll go onto bigger things now I’m afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Frustrating, yes probably has been since the FA cup final to see a talented player drop off like he has. He doesn't however deserve the dogs abuse from keyboard warriors regardless of how people think he's performed,  some "fans" really are pathetic. 

But I do think he’s left himself open to criticism. It’s one thing calling him nasty names, but it’s another to point out his desire to leave (and him being made captain for some games) clearly had a corrosive effect on those around him. If a member of the leadership group wants out and levels of performance drop, it will be infectious. And maybe it sets the tone for everyone else? I get that the club should have sold him (if there was a buyer…), but he’s hardly covered himself in glory.

Didn’t Monaco fans also point to him walking around the pitch when he wanted out of there?

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Constructive criticism of cause, angry abuse is bang out of order. 

People are justifiably angry with our situation though mate.

I don’t condone personal abuse but Youri clearly being made captain only heightens the fundamental issues within our mismanaged club.

I will personally look back fondly at Youri’s time here but like others have said, that sentiment isn’t for right now when everything is so raw.

5 hours ago, Sly said:

Youri was great for us for 2 years, however I’m not sure he fits at Liverpool. That industrious midfield is what made them tick and they’ve struggled as it’s aged. 

Bench warmer at best. Can you imagine his little red chubby cheeks puffing and blowing trying to keep up with a Liverpool midfield 🤣🤣

The amount of disrespect to Youri in here in shocking!

We've been fortunate to have some of the players we have over the last 5 years and it's a shame they're not given the plaudits they deserve.

Youri, whatever you think of his stamina etc was the only midfielder we have who drops deep and is comfortable taking the ball from our defenders... he starts the majority of what we create, without him it's all long and hopeful passes.

We desperately need to find someone to replace him next season 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tomtom said:

The amount of disrespect to Youri in here in shocking!

We've been fortunate to have some of the players we have over the last 5 years and it's a shame they're not given the plaudits they deserve.

Youri, whatever you think of his stamina etc was the only midfielder we have who drops deep and is comfortable taking the ball from our defenders... he starts the majority of what we create, without him it's all long and hopeful passes.

We desperately need to find someone to replace him next season 

I get what you are saying and in some parts I agree.  The simple fact is though that since the FA cup win he has looked less and less like the player he was and this season has looked overweight, unfit and uninterested.  Unforgivable for a Premier League footballer.

He could and should have gone down as a legend for this club but has to look at himself if he is going to get any better than Leicester.  Feel it will be down hill from here as his legs look like they have gone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Yep nowhere near as mobile for Liverpool hence why they going all out for McAllister, Man U just can't see him there either but If he replaces Xhaka he'd play almost every game for Arsenal

• Like 1