Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

27 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Not saying that at all , but They have all been shit this season but Tilly is getting the brunt of it, 3 years ago it was madders , be someone else next week im sure . Im as gutted as iv ever been in my 45 years of supporting the club, but nobody  died ! Maybe its my age  ( just turned 50 ) but i try not to  let things get to me anymore . If we had stayed up im sure most would have different views of him and wished him well 

I'm with you, personal attacks on social are not what's needed. We have our chance to share our disgust and anger in the stands, that's the forum to give the players shit. Not on their social accounts. 

We are all disappointed about what's happened but I don't blame any of the players, the poison dwarf is where the blame sits, but I won't be going onto his social accounts and calling him out. 

I will be posting him dog shit in a box instead to really share my feelings (not really BTW because I don't have his address). 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

May have been posted?

In a video letter to supporters posted on social media, Tielemans said: “Dear Leicester City fans. After four-and-a-half special years, and with a lot of gratitude, I’m bidding farewell to this incredible club.

“From the first day I set foot on this ground, your warmth and passion embraced me. Victory and triumph, love and hope, and even defeat. We’ve shared many special moments together. I’ve forever grateful for your unwavering support.

“Thank you to Khun Top, the board, the staff, the players and fans for having given me and my family a home. This is not a goodbye but a heartfelt farewell. With pride, love and eternal gratitude, Youri Tielemans.”

Written by the same publicist who wrote Tops statement too by the looks it, equally as disingenuous.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageFox73 said:

Wow , hes getting a lot of shit on the socials ! Yeah hes not had his best season for us , bet everybody has been awful and way below par, it happens ! Lets just be thankful for the last 4.5 years or so and for THAT goal ! A lot of bitterness and hate for the bloke and yes he could of signed a years extension to his deal so we could get something for him but here is obviously reasons why it didn't happen..... just wish him luck and move on ! Same goes for madders and any other player who leaves us to go onto better things ....suck it up !

Problem is he’s contributed to the downfall of the club too. This last 12 months he’s been beyond terrible. We should have really sold him when we had the chance….. it’s not right to abuse players of course, but he doesn’t really deserve any praise either, because he’s another one who’s let us down. He will be a legend with the club, but his legacy is somewhat tainted. 

• Like 1

Was great for us (maybe not this season ) and the F.A Cup goal was very special and memorable but ultimately he wanted to leave and its his perogative. Really don't get all the abuse the only people it hurts are the fans as they are the only ones that truly bleed for the club. He'll move on whether it's to better things that's to be seen but abusing people is just a waste of time and says more about the person giving the abuse that those receiving it. Thanks for the memories he and others will have gone but the fans will still be here. 

• Like 1

Was a top player for 2-3 years. Heart wasn’t in it after that. I would say his achievements just about outweigh the relegation but only just as and as such it’s hard to feel too saddened, beyond recognition that losing him without a fee is shambolic.

I reckon he'll end up at Brighton, random one I know. I just feel is form in the last two years as put off a lot of top four clubs. Brighton might be a fit, what might attract Youri is they'll be playing at least in the europa league. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I reckon he'll end up at Brighton, random one I know. I just feel is form in the last two years as put off a lot of top four clubs. Brighton might be a fit, what might attract Youri is they'll be playing at least in the europa league. 

If Brighton start playing big salaries for players past their best, then they will be heading our way in the next few seasons. Brighton are meant to be data superstars, and I don’t think it would take much analysis to show how there are better and more effective options out there. My opinion is he will go somewhere more likely to pay big salaries and spend a lot of time bench warming. 

48 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Was great for us (maybe not this season ) and the F.A Cup goal was very special and memorable but ultimately he wanted to leave and its his perogative. Really don't get all the abuse the only people it hurts are the fans as they are the only ones that truly bleed for the club. He'll move on whether it's to better things that's to be seen but abusing people is just a waste of time and says more about the person giving the abuse that those receiving it. Thanks for the memories he and others will have gone but the fans will still be here. 

He wasn’t great for us for a lot longer than this season, you are looking through rose tinted glasses. Has stunk the place out for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is he’s contributed to the downfall of the club too. This last 12 months he’s been beyond terrible. We should have really sold him when we had the chance….. it’s not right to abuse players of course, but he doesn’t really deserve any praise either, because he’s another one who’s let us down. He will be a legend with the club, but his legacy is somewhat tainted. 

Perhaps we didn't sell him because we never actually got any offers. Don't believe all the media hype about him going here or there. If we did not receive any offer, then what other options did he have but to see out his contract.

Guest Mee-9

The last part of that statement. 

'It is not goodbye, it is farewell.' 

It means the same f'ing thing. What does he mean by that? lol

He's off to villa - hardly top flight.  What is their wage structure like?  If they pay a reasonable wage and then add on 10mil per year instead of a purchase then he would be on good  money.... But can he do better?

Edited by foxinsocks

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I have no love for him, he's a major reason on why we went down. Another player with a big reputation who massively underperformed this season, this is why we went down. People who are simping on him today are judging him for the first 50% of his Leicester career and not the last 50%.

Maddison will get a lot more flak than Tielemans even though he has performed at a much higher standard and we will no doubt sell him this summer for a profit. Maddison can look at himself in the mirror and say he done his part this season but Tielemans can't/

I can't believe how many people are gushing over Tielemans, bottom line is he ran his contract down and performed like a relegated player this season. He can't blame others for our relegation as he was part of the rotten core of this club.

Biggest let down for me in a City shirt,  however he did the same at his last club,  they said Akinbiyi was bad but at least he tried, the only recent game where Tielemans made a real effort was Old Trafford  18 months ago since then sh#te

Edited by willie-bell-in-rothley
spelling
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, browniefox said:

I'm with you, personal attacks on social are not what's needed. We have our chance to share our disgust and anger in the stands, that's the forum to give the players shit. Not on their social accounts.

I'll preface this entirely by saying that abuse on social media isn't okay.

However, players have greatly benefited from social media. The advertising and self promotion it has afforded them is almost directly responsible for the inequitable power they hold. Pogba stupid videos played a major part in Mourinho being sacked. Not great, that.

Players are extremely keen to use social media as a tool for self gain. Tielemans is controlling the narrative here. He doesn't want to accept any wrong doing or responsibility and so absolves himself of it. 

People talk about social media as though it isn't a double edged sword. I would almost, ALMOST advocate for them not being allowed a social media profile. None of it is actually, genuinely the players. It's PR managed shite that's designed to increase player power.

Unfortunately, fans DON'T have PR teams to run their social media accounts. They're prone to being insulting and aggressive when emotional. Whilst this IS NOT an excuse it IS an explanation. Tielemans wants to cultivated a humble and honourable persona, for his own material gain at the end of it, and a PR team is doing that for him. Ill advised, I'd suggest.

It's all part of this weird performative culture players engage with. Badge kissing, refusing to celebrate, signs, hand signals, celebrations, et cetera. Players are now elevated to minor deities and, in their own minds more than anywhere, ascribe great importance to their words and actions. They really don't like it when people treat them as human and tell they're shit, either. 

Edited by foxile5

Youri was one of the few players that always looked buzzing when we scored. I think people are confusing the man's complete lack of any physicality with not caring or trying.

If we could smush him together with KDH, legs for days and the ability to ping the ball about, we could all have a good cry about lack of loyalty when he moved to a bigger after 12-18 months.

• Like 3

A shame we couldn't have found a buyer in Europe willing to pay a price we'd accept last year.

He has taken the shine off his legacy this season as most of the time he just hasn't looked that bothered. I wouldn't give him any abuse but I'm not sad to see him go.

Gutting because he gave us one of the great moments in the club's history.