Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It feels like he spent most of his City career leaving, although that might be a bit harsh

Insisting on only signing a 4 year contract instead of the bog standard five for a player of his age and fee set the tone. Not that I will overly complain about that as if that was the dealbreaker on him signing or not I'd rather we did that than walk away but it set the tone that the clock was always ticking on his Leicester career from Day 1.

On the evidence of his loan spell here that was a bargain for me but I'm a big advocate at selling players with two years left on their contract who aren't willing to sign another, I'm also an advocate of selling players at their peak value for a club like ours providing we have invested and have an excellent scouting team.

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Scored some truly astonishing goals and provided some ridiculous assists.

Peaked at both ends of the spectrum throughout his career here, which helped us arguably over achieve and massive under achieve in equal measure. What a fcukin utterly wild football club we really are.

His period of being dog muck far outlasted his peak periods.Will always be remembered for that moment but what a let down in general.

You are starting to sound like your mate Brendan with this over achieving nonsense.

• Like 2

It'll take a long time for me to really appreciate him.

Should have left after the Cup win because I really do think he's been chucking it in for the last 24 months. Played a huge part in our slump to relegation, despite scoring the odd wonder goal.

16 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Here they are, team sensible. Fans have just watched the most ridiculous, unexpected relegation in recent times, 22 defeats. This is a guy whose commitment has been questioned for at least a year if not 2. Opposition fans have noticed his half arsed approach as have reputable journalists (Henry Winter in particular). Can’t some fans release some frustration/anger without having smart arses call them out. If it’s not Youri, it’s Top, if it’s not Top, it Rudkin - these people are going to be the centre of annoyance and anger. And some believe it is deserved.

Not all people/fans react the same way to disaster. Watch the Youri video again in 6 months, bring up a thread then when it isn’t all doom and gloom (I hope) if you want more positive responses but right now, in this environment you’re going to get anger, resentment and criticism. That is for all players, officials and members of this club. I suggest you let it be for a little while if you want to see less of it in the future. People are emotionally invested in this stupid club. Sometimes I wish I could switch it off, I’d be a hell of a lot more productive. 

I for one will probably clap this tit when he comes back. I’ve never booed any of our ex players. I understand why each of them left. Including Fofana. But he is a tit (a very good one at times but also a useless one a fair bit of the time) and a big tit in the recent tit fest that we’ve had playing for us. 

Constructive criticism yes….

He looks unfit, overweight. Less mobile etc..I accept this. Though I do disagree that he didn’t care, but each to there own.

I take umbrage to the more personal comments or telling him to f*** off etc.. Fofana and mahrez behaved far worse in my opinion.

But I do agree that acceptance is important. I am aware for many fans (a large portion younger than me) that  live for the club and the games are their release from work/life. As such when we have been as bad as we have, it’s hard for those fans (many of which walked out at H/T at Fulham or when the 4th goal went in)  them to not show anger, bitterness and all other behaviours.

But I’ll be honest in saying it’s genuinely making me not want to attend games in the future (season ticket and many aways) owing to the bile and vitriol on display, particularly at games. 

Taking my son to games is my own release, but it’s been tough this season. I am used to bring in aggressive tense environments. Maybe I’m tired of it? 

• Like 1