Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me the man of the match. Ran the show, got stuck in where needed, dictated the tempo of the game. The frightening thing is despite all of that, I would probably "only" give him an 8/10. He's capable of getting even better. He had to turn up today, and he did and then some.

Love having him at the club, one of my favourite players we've signed for sure, and goes into my list of "players I wish I could play like" alongside Esteban Cambiasso and the legend himself Muzzy Izzet!

Strider, we had a rough year last year as unconditional Tielemans fan boys but when he puts in a display like that its worth every bit of shit we have to defend. He is like silk knickers, this is his season!!!

HE'S A STAR MAAAAAAN

• Haha 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Strider, we had a rough year last year as unconditional Tielemans fan boys but when he puts in a display like that its worth every bit of shit we have to defend. He is like silk knickers, this is his season!!!

HE'S A STAR MAAAAAAN

The irony with Tielemans is that he was much better after the restart, even though the rest of the team fell to pieces.

Something seems to have changed with him over the last 4-5 months though. Not only for us but for Belgium too, he seems to have gone up a gear to me. And it's long overdue!

KDB is the best central midfielder in the division (Thiago will be as well if he leaves Bayern for our league), but if Tielemans could be consistent, he could be one of the next best - he has the talent to be considered that good. He just needs to find that consistency first.

Looks scarily good at the moment based on his performance for Belgium as well. Looks a little quicker as well. Granted it was only against WBA but when he's at that level, I really don't think it matters who he's up against in midfield, he'll boss it.

The work he has done since he has signed is starting to payoff. Looks like a different player from the one on loan. Youri always seemed like he was in the process of a transition last season . Nice to see him start to enjoy the fruits of his hard work.

Admiittedly I will probably be out of step here but I thought Mendy and Praet were much better than him today. He looked better than he did for much of last season but he still seems too slow at times. I'd be chuffed to see him firing passes like he can do but I am not going overboard about today's showing. 

Watching Denmark vs Belgium last weekend and Tielemans looked absolutely mint in the midfield. Was thinking, please Youri, same again next weekend. He was class today and generally looks much sharper and fitter. He's one of those players. When he has a great game, we tend to win the midfield battle, create more, score more and win more.

Great performance BUT this was exactly Tielemans type of game

If he’s given time and not pressed, he’ll orchestrate. You won’t find much better at keeping the game ticking along

This is an interesting season for Youri Tielemans. If he can start to control games when being put under pressure by sides that get forward quickly, then he’ll have evolved into a truly class midfielder. If he keeps getting over-run in that type of game, he’ll stay just a good premiership midfielder.

Big season for the lad this one imo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Great performance BUT this was exactly Tielemans type of game

If he’s given time and not pressed, he’ll orchestrate. You won’t find much better at keeping the game ticking along

This is an interesting season for Youri Tielemans. If he can start to control games when being put under pressure by sides that get forward quickly, then he’ll have evolved into a truly class midfielder. If he keeps getting over-run in that type of game, he’ll stay just a good premiership midfielder.

Big season for the lad this one imo

I think the problem is the other midfielders when being pressed panic. Wilf is as likely to smash it in your face as find a pass under pressure.

• Like 1