Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Which was your favourite pronunciation of his name?

Loved the Tillermonz.

That's Dempsey isn't it or Conor McNamara on Five Live?

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Luton Town Twitter speculating about what players they could potentially sign from us. These clubs are a ‘step up’ from us now. Maybe that’s what Brendan wanted and the Premier League. Putting us back into our pitiful ways and squalor. Destined to be rubbish forever. 

Luton isn’t a step up yet as a lot of players probably think we will swap places with them after this season but if they stay up and we don’t get back up then it would be

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That's Dempsey isn't it or Conor McNamara on Five Live?

Tbf it’s probably closer to his actual name than most English commentators prouounce it. Same with Praet, which our commentators can’t seem to pronounce either

20 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why? we’re a Championship team now and he’s clearly not good enough for a CL team. Why is it a slap in the face? These are players who got relegated why should we expect them to walk into ManCity’s XI? 

I’m not even sure he starts for Villa. On paper he was a better player at his peak than Douglas Luis and McGinn but can you genuinely say he’s been as better than them over the past 2 seasons? Not really.

No but we know what level he has in him his head got turned by the thought of a champions league side and he went to shit I don’t think it was the likes of Villa that turned his head and made him down tools

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Tbf it’s probably closer to his actual name than most English commentators prouounce it. Same with Praet, which our commentators can’t seem to pronounce either

It's definitely got 3 syllables in it though. Savage's Teel-mans pronunciation was the worst. Up there with Inny-atcho.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I remember reading about how Barry Davies got the piss taken out of him for the way he pronounced Solskjaer as it sounded so different to the way the other UK commentators pronounced it, despite Davies doing his research and chatting to his Norwegians contacts to get his name spot on. 

• Like 2

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out Youri.

Beautiful player on the eye in the first half of his Leicester career, downright awful the second half with some wonder goals thrown in to mask this. He's a big part why we got relegated, relying on big name players to finally find their level who ended up being crap week in week out. 

Great goal for the FA Cup win.

Seems like a really nice person.

Such a shame the way he has ended up struggling to run anywhere, unfit, and way below par performances, he will get his move, but not to a CL Club and even then, if he carries on with the same below performances will be giving that subs bench the very best of a warm up.

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

£32m iirc but I don’t think his reputation is as high as it was after his loan spell here.

I’m not convinced, teams would’ve bid £40m for him 2 seasons ago if that’s the case. All his time here it’s been clear no clubs who ever looked at him really thought he was worth a decent enough price tag to bid for. Not sure if he goes to a CL they’d just be able to sell him for £40m if he continues not to perform when we couldn’t sell him less at his peak 

...45m Euros..!!!

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

£32m iirc but I don’t think his reputation is as high as it was after his loan spell here.

I’m not convinced, teams would’ve bid £40m for him 2 seasons ago if that’s the case. All his time here it’s been clear no clubs who ever looked at him really thought he was worth a decent enough price tag to bid for. Not sure if he goes to a CL they’d just be able to sell him for £40m if he continues not to perform when we couldn’t sell him less at his peak 

...45m Euros..!!!

I think he kind of entirely sums up our last four years. Occasionally superb, but often underwhelming and has ultimately ended a bit sourly.

He's another who I think could've gone down as a legend but his peak now is an icon, and I think even that's pushing it now, which again is mental. I find myself saying this a lot in recent times and I think am I just impossible to please, but then I think we as a club are going through a pretty unprecedented fall from grace in the modern era.

I think I was over him going a good 18 months ago - particularly as I now struggle to get too attached to players. They come and go and we as a club have gone from being one of the best at utilising that to probably the single worst.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he kind of entirely sums up our last four years. Occasionally superb, but often underwhelming and has ultimately ended a bit sourly.

Sums us up perfectly. I watched us play some of the best football ever over these four years, especially in Rodger's first couple of seasons, and just like Tielemans there were moments of absolute magic. However, there were also long periods of absolute guff and no real fight, desire or intensity from Tielemans or our performances as a whole. I will always be grateful for those highs from Tielemans and the team, but I am also more than ready to say bye to both, and look forward to a new squad that work harder, fight more, and show a lot more desire than him and many of these players ever have.

6 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Could he not have signed a contract extension last year so we got some money for him 

Who’s buying him? Like actually spending money on signing him?!

It’s not as if clubs are queuing up to sign him as a free agent or so it seems, there’s been very little links and rumours.

I mean a player who wasn’t deemed good enough for us by previous management and fans alike, exiled from the squad has managed to sign for one of the big 3 in Spain, while Tielemans looks to be putting a video out saying “pick me, pick me”.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who’s buying him? Like actually spending money on signing him?!

It’s not as if clubs are queuing up to sign him as a free agent or so it seems, there’s been very little links and rumours.

I mean a player who wasn’t deemed good enough for us by previous management and fans alike, exiled from the squad has managed to sign for one of the big 3 in Spain, while Tielemans looks to be putting a video out saying “pick me, pick me”.

Sometime players get better not playing in a relegated side..

May have been posted?

In a video letter to supporters posted on social media, Tielemans said: “Dear Leicester City fans. After four-and-a-half special years, and with a lot of gratitude, I’m bidding farewell to this incredible club.

“From the first day I set foot on this ground, your warmth and passion embraced me. Victory and triumph, love and hope, and even defeat. We’ve shared many special moments together. I’ve forever grateful for your unwavering support.

“Thank you to Khun Top, the board, the staff, the players and fans for having given me and my family a home. This is not a goodbye but a heartfelt farewell. With pride, love and eternal gratitude, Youri Tielemans.”

Wow , hes getting a lot of shit on the socials ! Yeah hes not had his best season for us , bet everybody has been awful and way below par, it happens ! Lets just be thankful for the last 4.5 years or so and for THAT goal ! A lot of bitterness and hate for the bloke and yes he could of signed a years extension to his deal so we could get something for him but here is obviously reasons why it didn't happen..... just wish him luck and move on ! Same goes for madders and any other player who leaves us to go onto better things ....suck it up !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, K789 said:

Think he was trying his body just couldn't deliver 

My missus says this about me regularly 

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Wow , hes getting a lot of shit on the socials ! Yeah hes not had his best season for us , bet everybody has been awful and way below par, it happens ! Lets just be thankful for the last 4.5 years or so and for THAT goal ! A lot of bitterness and hate for the bloke and yes he could of signed a years extension to his deal so we could get something for him but here is obviously reasons why it didn't happen..... just wish him luck and move on ! Same goes for madders and any other player who leaves us to go onto better things ....suck it up !

Your opinion that people shouldn’t have opinions?

People are disappointed in his final season with us that hasn’t ended that well 

8 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Your opinion that people shouldn’t have opinions?

People are disappointed in his final season with us that hasn’t ended that well 

Not saying that at all , but They have all been shit this season but Tilly is getting the brunt of it, 3 years ago it was madders , be someone else next week im sure . Im as gutted as iv ever been in my 45 years of supporting the club, but nobody  died ! Maybe its my age  ( just turned 50 ) but i try not to  let things get to me anymore . If we had stayed up im sure most would have different views of him and wished him well