Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers' instruction to Leicester City scouting team over 'broken' players

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Interesting point.  Which players do we think have been improved during Rodgers tenure?  Nacho, as you say.  I can't really think of any others.  He hasn't managed to get a tune out of Gray for instance.

You could argue Evans has hugely improved under Rodgers, Soyuncu has gone from being a player who seemed to have a mistake in him every brief appearance he made for us in to a monster and Harvey Barnes is improving as we'd hoped.

Tielemans return to form from what he showed at Anderlecht when most of Europe was talking about him (followed by a dip in form and then starting to get back to what we saw under Rodgers early tenure). Ndidi is a different beast under Rodgers once we went 4-1-4-1 and freed his game up from being expected to pass from deep in a 4-2-3-1 under Puel.

Vardy has scored more goals under Rodgers than under any other manager at Leicester in the PL. Ricardo is Ricardo, is he better than under Puel? Not sure, likewise Maddison who for the first 9-10 months under Rodgers was immense and then nose dived with the rest of the team.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Perisic is awfully broken...

:ph34r:

After all the strife at the Camp Nou, I'm convinced that Messi must have a broken heart......gerrrimminn!

3 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Welcome Nile Ranger

I honestly read that as Nile Rodgers at first glance.

Rodgers would probably be a better signing than Ranger......a Chic performer guaranteed to produce on the big occasions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Don't really feel like this is a new instruction. Surely Tielemans would fall under that category pre Brendan?

This guys ego is incredible isn't it lol "Bring me a flop, I will turn them into a star".... "err gaffer there's a couple of those here already that you can't be arsed to transform...."

8 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Tell that to Gray, Silva, Ghezzal, and Slimani. My guess is he was responding to a specific question about Under, and his underwhelming stats last season.

The crucial predicate that he listed was said player(s) willing to put in the WORK! 

He didn't say it was the only way.

He didn't say it would always turn out ok just like it doesn't with a transfer that is based on amazing stats/data.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Do we know of any other success stories for Rodgers other than him claiming Routledge? I can remember him weaving his magic with Ballotelli (or not) but are there any other examples good or bad?

I don't disagree that some players sometimes just need a change of club or manager but wondered why Rodgers is implicitly suggesting he's good at this but only evidencing one reasonably decent player.

Sterling & Ibe

34 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Sterling & Ibe

I think this is about reviving the careers of players who have seemingly, for whatever reason, have gone out of form having previously performed at a certain level. This doesn't really apply to Sterling as he was a new kid on the block, though it has to be said, Pep has done a great job with him. Ibe also was an up and coming young player and not one that had hit the heights and come down. As at happens, he's never seemingly progressed to hit the heights anywhere since either!

2 hours ago, davieG said:

He didn't say it was the only way.

He didn't say it would always turn out ok just like it doesn't with a transfer that is based on amazing stats/data.

Exactly.

And you could argue that many of our title winning team were 'broken players' rejected by their clubs who needed the right club and atmosphere to shine. 

• Like 1

He used this answer to justify poor stats for last season. All scouting teams do it

We’ve had a few ourselves. 

Kevin, Tielemans, Evans and Kasper are the ones that stand out. 

We’ve also had people leave and get better - Kramaric

6 hours ago, dooflip said:

Kepa? Has looked awful at Chelsea and appears to be a right nob. But clearly there’s a player in there for him to have been so highly coveted before the move and the fee. Plus we could do with a keeper.

It's at this point I should ask, have you actually watched this guy play?

7 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

After all the strife at the Camp Nou, I'm convinced that Messi must have a broken heart......gerrrimminn!

I honestly read that as Nile Rodgers at first glance.

Rodgers would probably be a better signing than Ranger......a Chic performer guaranteed to produce on the big occasions.

He'd certainly bring back the good times!

I'll get my coat...

• Like 1