Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers' instruction to Leicester City scouting team over 'broken' players

Just now, RobHawk said:

It's what O'Neill did, looked for players with something to prove. 

It doesn't work all the time, but more often than not it does seem too.

Pearson did it as well, it's about getting the blend right of progressive and unproven players and the odd misfit/experienced journeymen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TommyK said:

Uh oh. There goes the money ball model. BR really does think a lot of himself. "I can turn this player around, ..."

Tell that to Gray, Silva, Ghezzal, and Slimani. My guess is he was responding to a specific question about Under, and his underwhelming stats last season.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Pearson did it as well, it's about getting the blend right of progressive and unproven players and the odd misfit/experienced journeymen.

Agreed! I'm just a bit perplexed about the posts turning it into being about Rogers' ego. 

I'm sure he was asked a question and answered it, but the answer is no different to that of other successful managers we have, other than he used Wayne routledge as a very good example. He's still playing for Swansea now after having 3 or 4 clubs in the space of a few years early in his career.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Mario Götze

I'll still be absolutely amazed if he isn't playing for us come deadline day. So much of it just adds up.

- Linked in the past

- We're pally with his new agent after the Under deal

- Ticks the above criteria!

• Like 1