Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On Loan 2020/21

Benkovic is a sorry case of a young player with huge potential seemingly losing his way. He did well at Celtic and Bristol City so this isn't a case of him never performing on these shores, this has been a horrible loan move for him. Get him back in January and out to a club that will play him.

• Like 2

Afternoon Games:

Championship:

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - starting for Luton vs Cardiff

Josh Knight - starting for Wycombe vs Derby

Filip Benkovic - on the bench for Cardiff vs Luton

Matty James - on the bench for Barnsley vs Blackburn

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Bournemouth

Half Time Scores:

Championship:

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (6.2) - Luton 0-2 Cardiff

Josh Knight (5.9) - Wycombe 0-1 Derby

Filip Benkovic (still on bench) - Cardiff 2-0 Luton

Matty James (still on bench) - Barnsley 0-1 Blackburn

George Hirst (still on bench) - Rotherham 1-1 Bournemouth

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Benkovic is a sorry case of a young player with huge potential seemingly losing his way. He did well at Celtic and Bristol City so this isn't a case of him never performing on these shores, this has been a horrible loan move for him. Get him back in January and out to a club that will play him.

Liverpool are thin on center backs 😬

• Haha 1

https://the72.co.uk/203353/barnsley-hoping-to-strike-deal-for-leicester-city-midfielder/

BARNSLEY HOPING TO STRIKE DEAL FOR LEICESTER CITY MIDFIELDER
Harry Mail  @Harry_mail1 1 Hour Ago
Barnsley are hoping to keep Leicester City loanee Matty James beyond this winter, according to their CEO Dane Murphy on their club website. 
The midfielder joined the Tykes in the last transfer window on a short-term loan deal until January. However, they are keen on keeping him until the end of the campaign.

James, who is 29 years old, has been ever-present this term for the Yorkshire side since his switch.

‘Played extremely well’…
Murphy has said: “On Matty James, he’s played every game for us and played extremely well. He’s a huge boon in the locker room and on the field. He has an air about him, and not just because he’s a great player, and he’s played at the highest level, so he has that stature, it’s also because of him as a guy and he oozes this confidence and ability to galvanise and push this group.

“I’ve spoken to Matty and his representative and he’s enjoying his time here. And in January it will basically be up to Leicester City and what they want to do with him to see if we can try and get him for the back half of the season.”

Regular game time…
He was already a familiar face to Barnsley having had a loan spell at Oakwell three years ago.

James spent his whole early career at Manchester United but left on a permanent basis in 2012 to join Leicester and has been on the books at the King Power Stadium since then.

He has since made 116 appearances for the Foxes and has chipped in with five goals.

Barnsley are providing him with an opportunity of playing every week and it will be interesting to see if Leicester let him stay beyond January.

Tonights Games

Championship:

Matty James - on the bench for Barnsley vs Birmingham

George Hirst - on the bench for Rotherham vs Brentford

Filip Benkovic - not in the squad for Cardiff vs Huddersfield

League One:

Sam Hughes - starting for Burton vs Sunderland

Darnell Johnson - not in the squad for Wigan vs Lincoln

Edited by moore_94

Regarding Benkovic, looking on Twitter and even the Cardiff fans are starting to question this now as neither the local press nor the manager are providing any information about why he isn't playing, or at times even on the bench

He had an injury at the start of his loan but now even with the increased bench sizes there is no information as to why he has been dropped, whether its because of another injury, or fitness issues etc. as he isn't even playing for the Cardiff u23s regularly (just 1 game)

Can't imagine this loan will be going down well with Brendan and co.

image.png.3366f357ecb547a684193ac3c0dcb3c7.png

Edited by moore_94

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Full Time Scores

Championship:

Matty James (6.2 - 12 mins) - Barnsley 2-1 Birmingham

George Hirst (6.1 - 10 mins) - Rotherham 0-2 Brentford

League One:

Sam Hughes (7.4- 90 mins) - Burton 1-1 Sunderland

...Hirst only getting 10 mins. I know Rotherham have done well to come up but getting 10 mins at the end only leads to long balls played up to him. he is much better than that. I just feel he has a very Vardy like persona and people are missing a trick.

Perhaps he should insist on having the ball more or add some sort of arrogance to his play but I do not think he can be ruthless enough to take control of the way he needs to play.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Hirst only getting 10 mins. I know Rotherham have done well to come up but getting 10 mins at the end only leads to long balls played up to him. he is much better than that. I just feel he has a very Vardy like persona and people are missing a trick.

Perhaps he should insist on having the ball more or add some sort of arrogance to his play but I do not think he can be ruthless enough to take control of the way he needs to play.

He’s simply not very good. I really can’t see him getting anywhere near premier league level. 

He’s had opportunities at Rotherham and consistently let them down. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He’s simply not very good. I really can’t see him getting anywhere near premier league level. 

He’s had opportunities at Rotherham and consistently let them down. 

...if all we do is pump balls up to him then we are never going to get the best out of him!!!

Only time will tell where he will end up but I hope for him he gets to play with the ball to feet and no hopeful long balls to chase.