Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Thank fook they locked his count for 12 hours and deleted some tweets and threatened to cancel his accoubt if he continues.

It won't help. He stirred the pot, whipping his cultists into frenzy for months. All the accumulated rage because of a perceived fraud exploded and I don't think it's over. Many saw that shit coming since November if not before. He should've been stopped dead in his tracks months ago but the Republicans didn't have the balls to do so, fearing that they'd lose their base.

Now a notable part of the population is firmly convinced that the elections were stolen and it will never go away. Biden has his work cut out for him.

• Like 1

That being said, all of this might have one positive outcome in that in the long term, that unless (gods forbid) there is some form of violent coup, that Trump and his followers are discredited in the eyes of enough people that they likely won't win elections again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

It won't help. He stirred the pot, whipping his cultists into frenzy for months. All the accumulated rage because of a perceived fraud exploded and I don't think it's over. Many saw that shit coming since November if not before. He should've been stopped dead in his tracks months ago but the Republicans didn't have the balls to do so, fearing that they'd lose their base.

Now a notable part of the population is firmly convinced that the elections were stolen and it will never go away. Biden has his work cut out for him.

Im just glad he cant tweet. Thats all i care about at this point. Once he is gone things will change ( i hope) . this will force the repubs to move on from trumpism. You cant stop idiots but the republican party needs to move on from trump tonight.

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Im just glad he cant tweet. Thats all i care about at this point. Once he is gone things will change ( i hope) . this will force the repubs to move on from trumpism. You cant stop idiots but the republican party needs to move on from trump tonight.

The Trumpism isn't going away once he'll be dragged out of the White House. It has many, many supporters and is there to stay for a very long time. If any, the GOP might never recover from this blow and the trumpists just need a more fashionable leader.

Edited by That_Dude

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

From the commentary I'm hearing, some Repubs are at least trying to move on, it would seem.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

The Trumpism isn't going away once he'll be dragged out of the White House. It has many, many supporters and is there to stay for a very long time. If any, the GOP might never recover from this blow. 

If the Washington establishment is good at one thing, it's good at protecting their own and seeing off the mavericks seeking power. They didn't manage it with Trump, but after all that's gone on today do you really think they will make the same mistake again?

Perhaps I'm assuming too much competence on their part, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I hope you're right but also think that you're massively underestimating the support Trump has within the population as well as how deep the problems run in the american society. Do not forget that almost half of the population voted for him twice and if not for Covid he'd have won again. Trump's the GOP Frankenstein's monster but this support doesn't come out of nowhere and it's about time for both sides to take look at it. There are people who are so fed up with how things actually work that a sociopathic billionaire conman, who never belonged to them and never gave flying fuk about them in his life, managed to convince them that he'll somehow stand and fight for their rights (whatever they are). Twice.

Trump is a symptom, not the cause. If it's not him, there will be another one as long as things stays the way they are.

I'll certainly agree that the problems are both deep-seated and require addressing. And yes, if they're not addressed the next fascist to take the reins might actually be competent.

I've got hope, however, that the Powers That Be will have a look at such things closely now, not just because it's the right thing to do, but also out of self-interest - today has proven it could well be their arses on the line too.

• Like 1

I dont disagree about trumpism dying out soon per say but i do think with him gone and after today's terrible situation that those supporting trumps pathetic post election drama will distance themselves completely.  Trying to have some faith here lol. 

15 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I hope you're right but also think that you're massively underestimating the support Trump has within the population as well as how deep the problems run in the american society. Do not forget that almost half of the population voted for him twice and if not for Covid he'd have won again. Trump's the GOP Frankenstein's monster but this support doesn't come out of nowhere and it's about time for both sides to take look at it. There are people who are so fed up with how things actually work that a sociopathic billionaire conman, who never belonged to them and never gave flying fuk about them in his life, managed to convince them that he'll somehow stand and fight for their rights (whatever they are). Twice.

Trump is a symptom, not the cause. If it's not him, there will be another one as long as things stays the way they are.

You're consistently one of the most sane posters on here man. Nice to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

This is only the beginning lol when trump actually gets removed your going to see terroism. You see half of the USA voted for him. They're stuck in the trump supporting mindset he won't go away.

...then that is insurrection, and you'd expect that the US government would know how to deal with that.

Such things have happened before, after all.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...then that is insurrection, and you'd expect that the US government would know how to deal with that.

Such things have happened before, after all.

When I said this is just the beginning I more meant that trump and people with simmilar ideology won't go away from American politics. We're in for a ride imo.

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

When I said this is just the beginning I more meant that trump and people with simmilar ideology won't go away from American politics. We're in for a ride imo.

Ah right, no disagreement there.

However, I think the events of today as they have happened can only marginalise them. I hope so, anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I hope you're right but also think that you're massively underestimating the support Trump has within the population as well as how deep the problems run in the american society. Do not forget that almost half of the population voted for him twice and if not for Covid he'd have won again.

No question there are a depressing number of Americans who support Trump but the revisionist history that he'd have been re-elected before COVID has to stop.  His approval ratings were in the dumper and he was just as far behind Biden in horserace polls before the pandemic started.  His supporters believe anything he says; everyone else hates him.  COVID didn't fundamentally change the arithmetic.

• Like 1