Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Just hoping that more sensible Republicans will look over the abyss and move away from trumpism. Obviously he’ll retain some or even many of his supporters, but hopefully not the 30% of Americans that apparently believe the election was stolen. Difficult to see how a democracy works with that level of dissent.

Trump has tapped into something which US politics ignored for some years.  GOP needs to hold on to that connection, but without the arsehole at the top.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Here's hoping. Reckon she'd be a shoe-in with the membership if she got that far.

That is entirely possible, because she is 100% bang on message all the time, and the message is based on their analysis of what their target voter wants to hear

• Haha 1

Hard to have any sympathy for someone killed trying to force there way into a government building in a riot, even if they appeared unarmed but I think they could have done without killing a protestor unless they were returning fire. 

Shoot to injure at least, not in the neck. Will give a lot of people ammunition for further trouble I think, even more so when its ex-service women. She really should no better though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

That is entirely possible, because she is 100% bang on message all the time, and the message is based on their analysis of what their target voter wants to hear

You've got to be kidding me? She can't string a sentence together

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Trump has tapped into something which US politics ignored for some years.  GOP needs to hold on to that connection, but without the arsehole at the top.

Given what it has resulted in, is it really Trump being an arsehole that is the problem here or what it was that he tapped into that was being ignored?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hard to have any sympathy for someone killed trying to force there way into a government building in a riot, even if they appeared unarmed but I think they could have done without killing a protestor unless they were returning fire. 

Shoot to injure at least, not in the neck. Will give a lot of people ammunition for further trouble I think, even more so when its ex-service women. She really should no better though. 

Seems like it was in a crowded corridor and could be an accidental shot. Apparently Sky have a video of it, but I've not seen it myself. 

Just now, leicsmac said:

Given what it has resulted in, is it really Trump being an arsehole that is the problem here or what it was that he tapped into that was being ignored?

I think the answer to all of that is 'yes'.

Just also wanted to note that very sock-puppety new account that suddenly appeared and started about Corbyn / WWII - very grateful for whoever saw to that and quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Seems like it was in a crowded corridor and could be an accidental shot. Apparently Sky have a video of it, but I've not seen it myself. 

I assume this is the case, as the other 3 were 'Medical Emergencies' not shootings, which to me suggests an element of crushing/cardiac arrest 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I came across a video on twitter, assume its probably the same one, and she was shot whilst climbing through a window or something. 

15 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The woman who could well end up being our next Prime Minister, everyone! Cowardice on a ridiculous scale.

This is disgusting. They showed up with bombs. They stormed a govt building. They caused criminal damage. They entered senior minister offices and ransacked them. They vandalised the office of the speaker - god knows what they would've done to her if she was there. 

They were inspired to do these things by a egotistical man hell bent on spreading a hateful ideology. 

Have we let principles fall so low that we cannot call a spade a spade! **** the politics around this man, have some integrity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I assume this is the case, as the other 3 were 'Medical Emergencies' not shootings, which to me suggests an element of crushing/cardiac arrest 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I came across a video on twitter, assume its probably the same one, and she was shot whilst climbing through a window or something. 

I've seen 'a' video and she's standing next to someone with a massive rifle. There's a bit of a crowd and I couldn't tell if she was trying to climb through or not as the footage diverts away just as the shot is fired. 

Either way, it's a death that 1) shouldn't have happened and 2) the person that could have prevented everything happening yesterday didn't do so. He has to take responsibility but obviously won't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is disgusting. They showed up with bombs. They stormed a govt building. They caused criminal damage. They entered senior minister offices and ransacked them. They vandalised the office of the speaker - god knows what they would've done to her if she was there. 

They were inspired to do these things by a egotistical man hell bent on spreading a hateful ideology. 

Have we let principles fall so low that we cannot call a spade a spade! **** the politics around this man, have some integrity. 

People are frightened of him, and from what I've heard, with good reason. He's a vengeful, spoilt, gaslighting, narcissist that cannot admit fault and takes no responsibility. The only surprise to me is that anyone is still surprised by how low he will sink - like so many before him, he will go to his grave screaming perceived injustice and pitiful victimhood, while calling out anyone who disagrees.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

People are frightened of him, and from what I've heard, with good reason. He's a vengeful, spoilt, gaslighting, narcissist that cannot admit fault and takes no responsibility. The only surprise to me is that anyone is still surprised by how low he will sink - like so many before him, he will go to his grave screaming perceived injustice and pitiful victimhood, while calling out anyone who disagrees.

I think he may enter that hole sooner than he’d appreciate. 

• Like 1

This whole situation in America over the course of this year just goes to show you, most mobs don't even know what's going on and are just their for the buzz / destruction / violence. These idiots are just angry and causing trouble, same goes for the BLM looting and destruction. It was incredibly embarrassing to see it happening here in the UK with a loose basis on something that happened in the US. This kind of destruction can't be defended, especially when the people involved aren't sure what the end goal is. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Priti Patel is vile and always has been. She went on BBC an hour later and said the opposite because she's realised she cocked up.

She's absolutely useless at reading from a brief or sticking to what she should say.

She's literally a character from the Thick of It with Malcolm Tucker crying his eyes out in the background.

Fit though

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

More like a gangster boss than a president.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So the issue is that she doesn't say the 2 words Donald & Trump she has however said:-

“His comments directly led to the violence and so far he has failed to condemn that violence and that is completely wrong.

“He basically has made a number of comments yesterday that helped to fuel that violence and he didn’t do anything to de-escalate that whatsoever.”

“The violence should stop and he should absolutely condemn everything that has taken place.

“There’s no question about that at all. Someone was shot, people have died, this is terrible. Terrible beyond words quite frankly and there is no justification for it.”

“He made a statement yesterday and it did very little to de-escalate the situation.

“Words of provocation are completely wrong and quite frankly every aspect of the violence and the activities took place should be condemned.”

She is saying she blames him no?

I can't believe the amount of conspiracy theories I'm reading on Twitter from the right-wing nutters and conservative media trying to shift blame - completely evidence-free - stating that the terrorists were Antifa in disguise. 

Brainwashing on an astonishing scale.