Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I can't believe the amount of conspiracy theories I'm reading on Twitter from the right-wing nutters and conservative media trying to shift blame - completely evidence-free - stating that the terrorists were Antifa in disguise. 

Brainwashing on an astonishing scale. 

What is crazy about all these claims is they all seem to stem from the pic of a man in a fur horned hat who was there and who was also at a BLM march....

Must be an ANTIFA plant, right? 

Absolutely no mention of the fact that this mans name is Jake Angeli from Arizona who has a long history of trump support, his social media, news interviews, pics of him meeting Rudi Giuliani. FFS, he has Trumps wall Tattoed on his body along with the far right symbol of the Valknot! 

They are crazy!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

So the issue is that she doesn't say the 2 words Donald & Trump she has however said:-

“His comments directly led to the violence and so far he has failed to condemn that violence and that is completely wrong.

“He basically has made a number of comments yesterday that helped to fuel that violence and he didn’t do anything to de-escalate that whatsoever.”

“The violence should stop and he should absolutely condemn everything that has taken place.

“There’s no question about that at all. Someone was shot, people have died, this is terrible. Terrible beyond words quite frankly and there is no justification for it.”

“He made a statement yesterday and it did very little to de-escalate the situation.

“Words of provocation are completely wrong and quite frankly every aspect of the violence and the activities took place should be condemned.”

She is saying she blames him no?

I dont think she said all of that in the video I commented on ? Especially the first two comments quoted - it may be she has (correctly) said this elsewhere. 

The video that was posted had her moving away from the question. Was DT complicit in the actions yesterday. Of course he was. Do you directly condemn him for those actions ? And her answer to that should be a yes. 

This guy caused this and our government should be categorically condemning him. However, I dont live in the political world so my world view is probably quite simplistic compared to Priti and her team.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

People are frightened of him, and from what I've heard, with good reason. He's a vengeful, spoilt, gaslighting, narcissist that cannot admit fault and takes no responsibility. The only surprise to me is that anyone is still surprised by how low he will sink - like so many before him, he will go to his grave screaming perceived injustice and pitiful victimhood, while calling out anyone who disagrees.

I dont doubt any of that. However, do we now live in a world where the bully, the terrorist and the untruthful should be one to fear. It is sad that this man potentially gets off scot free when he has led an attack on US soil. What else do you call it. The Capitol building was ransacked. Officers, army personnel, lawmakers and civilians were probably scared to death because of this mans ego. Sorry, I am venting. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

No. No. No. I'm sorry, but you can't equate the two. Was there some criminal behaviour at BLM protests? Yes. Was it an insurrection led by the incumbent President? No.

I didn't equate them, I threw them in the same bracket as mob mentality buddy, read again what I said. And until now there's been a lot more in terms of sheer quantity of it then what happened yesterday. Neither are acceptable and people have every right to disavow both.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

This whole situation in America over the course of this year just goes to show you, most mobs don't even know what's going on and are just their for the buzz / destruction / violence. These idiots are just angry and causing trouble, same goes for the BLM looting and destruction. It was incredibly embarrassing to see it happening here in the UK with a loose basis on something that happened in the US. This kind of destruction can't be defended, especially when the people involved aren't sure what the end goal is. 

I was waiting for a "whatabout" comment...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The woman who could well end up being our next Prime Minister, everyone! Cowardice on a ridiculous scale.

Not in the slightest bit fond of Priti Patel, or most of the current cabinet., but this pure sanctimonious social media stoked outrage. 

Subjectivity has always fascinated me...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55571482

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Frankly, violence was on the table the moment Trump started to discredit the elections before they even actually happened. From there on, there could be only one outcome. Let's see what happens January 20th and in the coming months...

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I didn't equate them, I threw them in the same bracket as mob mentality buddy, read again what I said. And until now there's been a lot more in terms of sheer quantity of it then what happened yesterday. Neither are acceptable and people have every right to disavow both.

OK, then let me rephrase. I don't think it's right to compare the two purely on the ground that they happened at the same place.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Not in the slightest bit fond of Priti Patel, or most of the current cabinet., but this pure sanctimonious social media stoked outrage. 

Subjectivity has always fascinated me...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55571482

As someone else alluded to, she corrected herself after that Sky interview. Or rather, someone was forced to correct her. It should never come to that in a situation like this!

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

One of the terrorists had a sweater on with "Camp Auschwitz" printed on it. Says it all.

Scum of the Earth. People across many Countries gave there life to kill Nazism yet today people still support it. Makes me sick

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

OK, then let me rephrase. I don't think it's right to compare the two purely on the ground that they happened at the same place.

Yeah, that must be it... :ermm:

As someone else alluded to, she corrected herself after that Sky interview. Or rather, someone was forced to correct her. It should never come to that in a situation like this!

You mean in the Sky interview that contrary to the misleading title of the tweet, she actually condemned his words and actions?

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Honestly I'm so done with pussyfooting around because supporters of bigoted wannabe fash tyrants might get hurt by saying that's what they are.  If you can't condemn what happened and if you can't condemn Trump without making some intellectually vacant swing at left wingers who have the square root of fvck all to do with it then you've got brainworms and don't deserve me being nice just because the orange man said you're special.

And I can understand the frustration.

But personally, I'd rather get those aforementioned supporters of bigoted wannabe fash tyrants to admit to it themselves (at least in some fashion) because then it's much clearer and they can't hide behind injured innocence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Honestly I'm so done with pussyfooting around because supporters of bigoted wannabe fash tyrants might get hurt by saying that's what they are.  If you can't condemn what happened and if you can't condemn Trump without making some intellectually vacant swing at left wingers who have the square root of fvck all to do with it then you've got brainworms and don't deserve me being nice just because the orange man said you're special.

In others words, you can't negotiate through a discussion on something without throwing around baseless, hyperbolic and emotional  statements? Bravo.