Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

I’m really missing the coloured circles for role suitability :( find the new star system on the tactics screen a bit useless to be honest. 

I’ve got a back three and can’t seem to find roles for any of them where they’re not showing as unsuitable! The colours made it quick and easy to understand. 

Also difficult at first to know where to click to bring up role options (right in the middle of the player, although you have to get it bang on as there’s an option to bring up another screen just to the right of the player!) 

Love some of the new additions though, and @Ricey the game UI improvements are great, the more full screen look feels a lot more like watching a game on the tv 👌

• Like 1

Played a bit of pre season last night, the ME looked good to me.

Forfana seems a but undercooked and in fact I packed him off to Cadiz on loan for a season.

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

I’m really missing the coloured circles for role suitability :( find the new star system on the tactics screen a bit useless to be honest. 

I’ve got a back three and can’t seem to find roles for any of them where they’re not showing as unsuitable! The colours made it quick and easy to understand. 

Also difficult at first to know where to click to bring up role options (right in the middle of the player, although you have to get it bang on as there’s an option to bring up another screen just to the right of the player!) 

Love some of the new additions though, and @Ricey the game UI improvements are great, the more full screen look feels a lot more like watching a game on the tv 👌

Yeah I couldn't find the roles - so I'll have to take a look later.

I'll upload some screenshots later if anyone has any requests

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We get absolutely shat on on every single game. I bet some dosser like Rob Holding or Tuanzebe is rated better than Fofana.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/531259-england-premier-division-data-issues/page/2/

Looks like the Leicester researcher has given fofana upgrades, just didn't make the cut for the beta. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Anybody else a bit annoyed that two of the three new leagues in the mobile version are Mexico and Canada? WTF is the point? 

Should have been Argentina, Brazil and maybe Croatia. 

Mexico is a fantastic league to manage in. not least for the goal text thas displayed

i was watching FM on twitch last night, ME looks a lot better, lots of nice golas and no one smashing it into the side netting. I need this game in my life

18 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Mexico is a fantastic league to manage in. not least for the goal text thas displayed

i was watching FM on twitch last night, ME looks a lot better, lots of nice golas and no one smashing it into the side netting. I need this game in my life

The ME is superb.

Just can't for the life of me understand the role suitability change to stars, Miles even said it 'makes more sense' but I'm feeling the opposite :( 

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The ME is superb.

Just can't for the life of me understand the role suitability change to stars, Miles even said it 'makes more sense' but I'm feeling the opposite :( 

maybe it will in the long run but on hearing it , im with you. i never like seeing stars for role suitability, but im sure some skinners will soon fix this

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beliall said:

maybe it will in the long run but on hearing it , im with you. i never like seeing stars for role suitability, but im sure some skinners will soon fix this

I think colouring is definitely an issue, here are a few examples...

1320322749_Screenshot2020-11-11at11_29_55.thumb.png.be0997bdf40fb34e572ed58695bb4e23.png

On the above it's hard to immediately see what would be best, where as before with the green/yellow/red you kind of instantly knew what might work. 

Then there's another issue....

This is what comes up for one of my CB's, so the game is essentially telling me that this particular CB will never be great at any role? Whereas before you'd expect to see at least one position where they were fully green.

779909089_Screenshot2020-11-11at11_30_33.thumb.png.27e83cd6299b75e892f733fde3002b1a.png

I'm sure i'll got used to it, but definitely seems like this years 'if it aint broke...'

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

1320322749_Screenshot2020-11-11at11_29_55.thumb.png.be0997bdf40fb34e572ed58695bb4e23.png

On the above it's hard to immediately see what would be best, where as before with the green/yellow/red you kind of instantly knew what might work. 

This is what comes up for one of my CB's, so the game is essentially telling me that this particular CB will never be great at any role? Whereas before you'd expect to see at least one position where they were fully green.

779909089_Screenshot2020-11-11at11_30_33.thumb.png.27e83cd6299b75e892f733fde3002b1a.png

I'm sure i'll got used to it, but definitely seems like this years 'if it aint broke...'

i dunno, depends what league you are in, i have had plenty of players who cant master even one role. its also based on how good your assistant is. if that screen is of a leicester player though, i have no idea what they are thinking with this system. definitely easier to see with circles but tbh, i only used them as a guide anyway. if they have the stats for a role, they can usually manage to perform in it.

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i dunno, depends what league you are in, i have had plenty of players who cant master even one role. its also based on how good your assistant is. if that screen is of a leicester player though, i have no idea what they are thinking with this system. definitely easier to see with circles but tbh, i only used them as a guide anyway. if they have the stats for a role, they can usually manage to perform in it.

I'd just loaded up a random Sheffield Wednesday game as they'd included them on their recommended saves list. Good point on the league/assistant/system bits though.

Will just have to keep playing to get used to it, sure I can manage lol 

• Like 2

Well, my wonderful wife gifted me the game on steam today, and instead of playing it , i have added al lthe kits , faces and logos, and spent the rest of the time thinking about who to manage. narrowed it down to 4 options

Sheffield Wednesday -  Points deduction, obvious choice
Deportivo la Coruna - previously la liga regulars, now in div 3
AC Milan - havent won anything in a decade, used to be mega
1870 Munich - try to become the bigger team in muncih.

i usually , and will do a another pentagon / journeyman save but for the beta i though of something more interesting with maybe some actual money to spend. im leaning towards AC milan but im not sure, any recommendations chaps? 

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Those stars are appearing too small, but that is logged and should look better for release hopefully. Also the issue with the role button and having to click directly on the text to open the menu is also logged.

It was my call to remove the role circles and use stars instead, so throw all your hate towards me. Basically the old circles were really misleading, as it made out that each player is only going to be any good in one or two roles, but the way the match engine works that just isn't the case. It was putting people off picking players in roles that were appearing as yellow/orange, when in a lot of cases the player would still perform quite well there. In your DC example the simple facts are that he's just as good in any of those roles.

I'll copy and paste something I wrote earlier that probably explains it better:

"‘Role Ability’ has replaced ‘Role Suitability’ to give a more accurate overall picture of how good a player is within in a role.

The old ‘Suitability’ circles only displayed how suited a player was to the role, starting at the top end with the full green circle for the players best role and working backwards from there. This lead to a number of misleading cases where players would show as having yellow/orange role icons for certain roles, when in fact, due to their general high ability and versatility, they would perform well in those roles.

The new ‘Role Ability’ stars solves this by factoring in the players general ability, as well as their suitability to the role, to give a much more accurate picture. By showing how good a player is within a role it also allows for the these stars to be used when comparing players for a certain role, whereas the previous icons were only relevant to that particular player."

• Like 1

He's one of our own, he's one of our own

Mr Ricey, he's one of our own! 

Loving it so far mate, the ME is great although my tactics are terrible. Some of the UI feedback in the match is a bit of a mess but I guess that will get sorted out. 

So genuine question @Ricey can your still play and enjoy the game or because you know how it works "under the hood" it means you can't really get into it in the way the average punter does? 

12 hours ago, Ricey said:

Those stars are appearing too small, but that is logged and should look better for release hopefully. Also the issue with the role button and having to click directly on the text to open the menu is also logged.

It was my call to remove the role circles and use stars instead, so throw all your hate towards me. Basically the old circles were really misleading, as it made out that each player is only going to be any good in one or two roles, but the way the match engine works that just isn't the case. It was putting people off picking players in roles that were appearing as yellow/orange, when in a lot of cases the player would still perform quite well there. In your DC example the simple facts are that he's just as good in any of those roles.

I'll copy and paste something I wrote earlier that probably explains it better:

"‘Role Ability’ has replaced ‘Role Suitability’ to give a more accurate overall picture of how good a player is within in a role.

The old ‘Suitability’ circles only displayed how suited a player was to the role, starting at the top end with the full green circle for the players best role and working backwards from there. This lead to a number of misleading cases where players would show as having yellow/orange role icons for certain roles, when in fact, due to their general high ability and versatility, they would perform well in those roles.

The new ‘Role Ability’ stars solves this by factoring in the players general ability, as well as their suitability to the role, to give a much more accurate picture. By showing how good a player is within a role it also allows for the these stars to be used when comparing players for a certain role, whereas the previous icons were only relevant to that particular player."

Hi mate

There was never any hate in my immediate dislike of the new style, it was more me being spoilt at it not changing for a few years so I got used to it lol

I played for a few more hours last night and your bit i've put in bold rang true. I've been playing Eze at Palace as a roaming playmaker (a hybrid 8/10 I guess) and he's been incredible, it's not something I ever would have done before though as he probably would have shown as red lol so i'm happy to eat my words on that one. Saved me a headache too because i've got two good players for his more 'natural' left sided winger role. 

Thanks for clearing it up though, as predicted after a few more hours i've settled in to it (that's my way of saying i'm winning games now so I'm fine with it lol)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

He's one of our own, he's one of our own

Mr Ricey, he's one of our own! 

Loving it so far mate, the ME is great although my tactics are terrible. Some of the UI feedback in the match is a bit of a mess but I guess that will get sorted out. 

So genuine question @Ricey can your still play and enjoy the game or because you know how it works "under the hood" it means you can't really get into it in the way the average punter does? 

Yeah, the in-match feedback in the Dugout is very much WIP.

I don't play it as much as I used to, but I still do play it when I can. I can only really enjoy it once I stop working on it properly, so around Christmas time, or else I just just constantly find things I need to fix.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

@Ricey have dodgy offsides been logged? I've had a couple given for a player who hasn't interfered or touched the ball being in an offside position (usually on the line)...

https://streamable.com/zhd6h3

Or am I missing something?

You're playing UTD mate. be glad they didnt get a penalty. 

Serious though, the computer probably felt your player interfered when he got between the GK and the ball

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

You're playing UTD mate. be glad they didnt get a penalty. 

Serious though, the computer probably felt your player interfered when he got between the GK and the ball

Yeah I assumed that, just seems pretty harsh. Ayew isn’t even offside even if he was interfering lol

• Like 1