Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2021

57 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just downloading this now. Can anyone link me to a decent download to get all the correct badges etc? Never really bothered before. Now idea how to do it.

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

The link above has where you can download plenty of different graphics; kits, logos, faces etc.

When you have downloaded them, following these instructions to get them to work:

Once you've downloaded it you'll be presented with a ".zip" file. Extract this file to the following location "Documents » Sports Interactive » Football Manager » Graphics".

If the "Graphics" folder doesn't exist you can simply create it.

Once you've done this, load up Football Manager and go to "Preferences" and then "Interface". Make sure you have the following two boxes ticket:

- Use caching to decrease page loading times TICKED
- Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences TICKED

Now click "Clear Cache"

You'll be taken out of the preferences, go back into the preferences and in the bottom right there's a button called "Reload Button".

There should be a box that pops up saying "loading image data for the new skin". Once this is done your graphics should be working within the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics

The link above has where you can download plenty of different graphics; kits, logos, faces etc.

When you have downloaded them, following these instructions to get them to work:

Once you've downloaded it you'll be presented with a ".zip" file. Extract this file to the following location "Documents » Sports Interactive » Football Manager » Graphics".

If the "Graphics" folder doesn't exist you can simply create it.

Once you've done this, load up Football Manager and go to "Preferences" and then "Interface". Make sure you have the following two boxes ticket:

- Use caching to decrease page loading times TICKED
- Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences TICKED

Now click "Clear Cache"

You'll be taken out of the preferences, go back into the preferences and in the bottom right there's a button called "Reload Button".

There should be a box that pops up saying "loading image data for the new skin". Once this is done your graphics should be working within the game.

Thanks will give it a try. Does the Twitter link you shared above have badges etc? I'm downloading that as like the lower league stuff.

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Thanks will give it a try. Does the Twitter link you shared above have badges etc? I'm downloading that as like the lower league stuff.

No that link will give you just the database, I think some of the badge packs will have the badges for the lower leagues anyway

I used these 2 packs to get the kits for tiers 7+8, haven't been able to find a pack for tiers 9+10 kits yet though

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/56372/england-english-leagues-level-7-8-ss2020-21-new-211020

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/56969/england-english-leagues-level-7-8-3d202021-by-bolid74-new-221120

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beliall said:

@Dan LCFC not sure if this is stil useful to you but i just discovered you can click these times to watch back events during the game 

events.jpg

Yeah I'd spotted you could do this so it's better than nothing, but still personally thought the timeline was a good aspect of the game and I'm baffled that it's gone - it's not like there isn't the space on the screen. For example now if you want to watch something back that just happened, you can't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I'd spotted you could do this so it's better than nothing, but still personally thought the timeline was a good aspect of the game and I'm baffled that it's gone - it's not like there isn't the space on the screen. For example now if you want to watch something back that just happened, you can't.

yeah, i cant say i used it too often but it was nice to have for sure

15 hours ago, Beliall said:

yeah, i cant say i used it too often but it was nice to have for sure

For me I'm usually doing FM along with other stuff so missing plays for one reason or another isn't uncommon, the timeline's always been a useful feature for me.  This news genuinely puts me off getting the game, just when I was beginning to weaken too.

• Like 1

Had this situation happen before, but think it's a bit of an error personally.

So I'm doing Andorra all over again. I'll go into it all when I can be arsed but anyway, I've just brought in this attacking midfielder on a free upon the promise of strengthening the attacking area. Given I had a deal to sign a forward lined up I was happy to keep this promise in.

The deal to bring in this forward went through on the same day as the deal to bring in the midfielder, but the deal to bring in the forward happened first.

The problem is I don't think it's fulfilled his promise? When it clearly should've done (unless he actually does think we need another two strikers).

Does the game not take into account the squads position at the time I made the promise, rather than when the player joins?

I'm not signing another forward for the sake of it either. I have two strikers (only play one up front) and a winger who can play there too. I'm not made of money. I'm not signing a striker to piss them off by never playing them to appease the demands that quite frankly I've already met.

Now he wants a move away. Annoying as he's a bit of a coup for us as well - they do tend to get over it if you do well, but it's a problem that for me just shouldn't have happened.

Edited by Dan LCFC

I'm finding my players want ridiculous wages, Perez was asking for 200k a week and a 38 year old Vardy (who I keep around purely because I love him) wants 300k a week and would only accept being a star player in his contract.

I gave out a load of new contracts, then 6-12 months later the same players want new deals, I refuse and they get upset and request a transfer. I wouldn't mind if they wanted an extra 20/30k a week, but they each want another 75-100k each!

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Had this situation happen before, but think it's a bit of an error personally.

So I'm doing Andorra all over again. I'll go into it all when I can be arsed but anyway, I've just brought in this attacking midfielder on a free upon the promise of strengthening the attacking area. Given I had a deal to sign a forward lined up I was happy to keep this promise in.

The deal to bring in this forward went through on the same day as the deal to bring in the midfielder, but the deal to bring in the forward happened first.

The problem is I don't think it's fulfilled his promise? When it clearly should've done (unless he actually does think we need another two strikers).

Does the game not take into account the squads position at the time I made the promise, rather than when the player joins?

I'm not signing another forward for the sake of it either. I have two strikers (only play one up front) and a winger who can play there too. I'm not made of money. I'm not signing a striker to piss them off by never playing them to appease the demands that quite frankly I've already met.

Now he wants a move away. Annoying as he's a bit of a coup for us as well - they do tend to get over it if you do well, but it's a problem that for me just shouldn't have happened.

I had this yesterday too. Started a save with Grantham Town, singed a player who had a promise request that the defense would be improved. He signed and another player that I was in for (a striker) came in the day after. Player 1 was upset that the promise wasn't kept and put in a transfer request 1 day after completing his move.

13 minutes ago, danhaw said:

I had this yesterday too. Started a save with Grantham Town, singed a player who had a promise request that the defense would be improved. He signed and another player that I was in for (a striker) came in the day after. Player 1 was upset that the promise wasn't kept and put in a transfer request 1 day after completing his move.

It's just annoying, it's really minor but it defeats the object of having it in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I downloaded the England Lower league stuff and took charge of Melton Town but was suprised to see them not in the FA Cup which I'm pretty sure they should be? They definately were last season because I watched them against Cleethorpes?

these lower league saves tend to be wrong in the first season, and get entered into the fa cup the next season

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2020 at 20:52, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm finding my players want ridiculous wages, Perez was asking for 200k a week and a 38 year old Vardy (who I keep around purely because I love him) wants 300k a week and would only accept being a star player in his contract.

I gave out a load of new contracts, then 6-12 months later the same players want new deals, I refuse and they get upset and request a transfer. I wouldn't mind if they wanted an extra 20/30k a week, but they each want another 75-100k each!

Too bloody right, 38 years old?!  Let the poor man retire!

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I mean if I know FM his pace and acceleration must both be in the single digits by now lol 

10 acceleration, 11 pacelol

Still got 21 goals in 31 games in the previous season, just let him go on a free though, ended up at Leeds.

Mason Greenwood got 39 goals in 34 games, Tammy Abraham 33 goals in 35 games. Deadly duo:englandsmile4wf:

There's definitely a lot more bugs than usual, but I was expecting that for the first release this year and I think given the circumstances i'm more than happy to accept it.

I'm sure the next patch will sort the majority of things as they're always good at identifying them.

I'd never understand the 'kills it for me' narrative though, even in a normal year... there's no chance you're getting enough bugs in one save to be that frustrated. 

I understand why they don't do it, because people will buy it outright anyway. But i'd be tempted to do like a monthly subscription for FM so that you can spread the cost and enjoy the game as it develops... patch by patch... because lets be honest you always have your best save just before next seasons release (which is when the game is as slick as it can be)

So they could take the payments every time a major update is released for example.