Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

5-4-1: Brendan Rodgers' Tactical Masterclass

Here we go again, the best poster on Foxestalk @StriderHiryu dishing out his tactical analysis.

However I’m disappointed that you left out the game plan of Kasper aiming for Amartey to win headers in the second half, that was a clear tactical change.

But I can’t be too disappointed, you’ve posted gifs of Youri’s sexy pass to Timmy and James Maddison’s unbelievable strike.

I’ll have to get the lube out now...

• Haha 2

Just now, kingfox said:

Here we go again, the best poster on Foxestalk @StriderHiryu dishing out his tactical analysis.

However I’m disappointed that you left out the game plan of Kasper aiming for Amartey to win headers in the second half, that was a clear tactical change.

But I can’t be too disappointed, you’ve posted gifs of Youri’s sexy pass to Timmy and James Maddison’s unbelievable strike.

I’ll have to get the lube out now...

I did mention that in the part about kicking it long and Amartey winning the ball back via aerial duels, but this is a very good point. Quite simply I couldn't find a good point in the match where that happened to make a GIF from to put into the post. But @kingfox is entirely correct here. In deciding to kick the ball long, it meant we needed some physical presence to win the ball from Man City. With Vardy, Barnes, Mendy and co, we don't have physical players and Ndidi was injured. Thus Amartey would often leave his station as RCB and push up into midfield when Kasper kicked it long. 

If anyone knows a timestamp during the match when it happened, please let me know! This is definitely one of the nuances that helped us win on the day, so well spotted!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I did mention that in the part about kicking it long and Amartey winning the ball back via aerial duels, but this is a very good point. Quite simply I couldn't find a good point in the match where that happened to make a GIF from to put into the post. But @kingfox is entirely correct here. In deciding to kick the ball long, it meant we needed some physical presence to win the ball from Man City. With Vardy, Barnes, Mendy and co, we don't have physical players and Ndidi was injured. Thus Amartey would often leave his station as RCB and push up into midfield when Kasper kicked it long. 

If anyone knows a timestamp during the match when it happened, please let me know! This is definitely one of the nuances that helped us win on the day, so well spotted!

It was a highly astute tactical change from tactical genius Brendan, it deserved it’s own section :thumbup:

More praise for Big Dan the better, as it may lead to Col finally realising that he is actually decent ;) 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

A couple of examples at 47.10 and 49.50 (the latter the better). Great post! 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The very start of our second goal came from a Kasper kick and an Amartey flick on in the Man City half @52:25.

Awseome post by the way 👏🏼!

• Like 1