Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

FYI, if Slimani is going back to Sporting, there is still 3 weeks left of their transfer window, they are also not in any European competition so do not need to sign him in time for that, possible any deal for him could go on for a while yet

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

FYI, if Slimani is going back to Sporting, there is still 3 weeks left of their transfer window, they are also not in any European competition so do not need to sign him in time for that, possible any deal for him could go on for a while yet

Our transfer window closes at 11pm?

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

I'd have loved it if came to Leicester, but in reality a player like that is looking for his big move on 200k a week.  We just can't compete with Yanited for wages/stadium/global appeal etc, so we have to do it a different way.

He’ll surely get a significant bump from the reported 25K that he’s earning at Porto, but doubt it would be anywhere near 200K (probably less than 100K)

Edited by NaijaFox

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We'd need to release him on a free, not sure we can do any business outside of the UK after today?

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Portuguese window to buy, closes tomorrow night. 

But if ours closes at 11pm tonight, they can't buy from us tomorrow?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We'd need to release him on a free, not sure we can do any business outside of the UK after today?

This is pretty much what I thought, I could be wrong though. He has to be released from his contract if he wants to move after today (except if he's being loaned to the Championship).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richardson said:

No it was in his contract that he could not be sold to one of there rivals. Boy did we get stitched up with him. if they get him back for free they will be laughing out loud

Not when they realised we've broken him. They'll still have to pay (at least some of) his wages. 

That'll learn em. 

In all seriousness, there is a player in there and I think a move to West brom could work well for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But if ours closes at 11pm tonight, they can't buy from us tomorrow?

This is pretty much what I thought, I could be wrong though. He has to be released from his contract if he wants to move after today (except if he's being loaned to the Championship).

Mercury makes it clear in an article that he can sign for Sporting up until tomorrow 🤷🏻‍♂️