Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Here's the 25-man squad:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic (3)

Def: Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey, Wes, Fuchs, Ricardo, Castagne, Justin (9)

Mid: Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, Tielemans, Maddison, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall (7)

Wing: Barnes, Under, Perez, Albrighton (4)

Striker: Vardy, Iheanacho (2)

Total: 25

There's not really any deadwood in there. Wes and Fuchs are only emergency backup now, but we wouldn't be raising any funds getting rid. I think Dewsbury-Hall would have been given a loan if we had got another CM in, but I think we may have used the budget up now.

Fair play. Makes you wonder who the 2 extra are that Rodgers wanted and who the 2 are that would make way? 

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Weren't Soyuncu and Tielemans both deadline day signings? 

Soyuncu and Benkovic were both signed on the same deadline day out of the blue, IIRC. The Tielemans permanent wasn't a deadline day signing. Maybe the loan in Jan. Can't really remember.

I think a cheap, young player could be a possibility today. Maybe that Faghir chap.

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Fair play. Makes you wonder who the 2 extra are that Rodgers wanted and who the 2 are that would make way? 

As I said, I think KDH would have got a loan out had we managed to get another CM in. Maybe the other might have been an under-21 player who who wouldn't have to be on the 25-man list, or maybe Wes or Fuchs might have been left off. Can't imagine they'd be too happy about that, though.

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Bittersweet day for Kaveh and his gang. Christmas day today, then back to being insignificant for the next 3 months.

Have they still got Gary Cotterill standing outside Dortmund's training ground giving updates on a story that has been dead for nearly two months?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Social media has killed Deadline Day and Sky have made a rod for their own back by putting too much excitement into transfers. 

Pretty much every deal is well known in advance now and I'm pretty sure if Twitter existed in 2008/09, the Berbatov and Robinho deals would'nt have been surprising.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Have they still got Gary Cotterill standing outside Dortmund's training ground giving updates on a story that has been dead for nearly two months?

Been there most of the week I think. I saw him probably an evening last week when news broke that "United" had submitted a bid. He then went on to say how some Dortmund fans and journalists had spotted him there and made fun of him because Dortmund have said no for months, and was then like "whos laughing now" lol

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Here's the 25-man squad:

There's not really any deadwood in there. Wes and Fuchs are only emergency backup now, but we wouldn't be raising any funds getting rid. I think Dewsbury-Hall would have been given a loan if we had got another CM in, but I think we may have used the budget up now.

No Gray there. Does that mean he'll be paid for the season, but unavailable for selection?

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I really dislike Man Utd, and I've been indulging in a bit of shadenfreude watching a fan channel called The United Stand on Youtube. The fella on there (up until a few days ago - I've got some catching up to do) still says he's 90% sure they're signing Sancho. He's been given so much evidence it's a non-starter, but nothing sways him towards the truth. It's fascinating. There should be a cracker of a video coming up today.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

No Gray there. Does that mean he'll be paid for the season, but unavailable for selection?

I suppose, with Wilf out until Christmas, that Gray could take his place up until January if he is staying. There is also still a chance he could go to a Championship club in the next couple of weeks, although I doubt he'd want that.

39 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Here's the 25-man squad:

Does Fofana need registering in the 25 as a 19yr old? 

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

People getting rowdy over Eriksen? Don't get it. He's looked doggo coming off inter's bench, which should come as no surprise considering how he downed tools and all but gave up at spurs. 

Surely we've got enough decent play makers now when madders is back without spunking a couple hundred grand a week on this quitter. 

Is that a maybe then? 

26 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Alex Telles to United signing a four year contract has pissed me off

I'd have loved it if came to Leicester, but in reality a player like that is looking for his big move on 200k a week.  We just can't compete with Yanited for wages/stadium/global appeal etc, so we have to do it a different way.