Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

7 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you're moving the goalposts here. You said the bomb squad need replacing, and now you're saying it's not about that.

Chilwell has been replaced very well. Castagne looks a much, much better player for 2/5 of the price.

Gray is 4th or 5th choice winger and doesn't really get into the 25 man squad.

We've had a great start to the season barring yesterday and that was both without injured key players Ricardo and Wilf, and new additions Under and Fofana. I think we've done very good business this window, and I think you'll find every club looks significantly worse when 2 or 3 key players are injured.

You are correct - we are missing Riccy, Ndidi and Maddison from our starting 11.  All Top class players.  Any team misses 3 of their starting 11. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It’s not so much replacing poor players who aren’t in the squad but the squad depth and quality isn’t there yet. Gray and Chilwell also mentioned and they will/would be a loss. Leicester need quality replacements 

2/3 injuries we look dreadful

Did you see the 25 man squad listed the other day? Who would drop out to make way for these 2/3 other players? You've already signed Under so your already a wide player up in terms of numbers. You've replaced Chilwell and Gray hasn't left yet.

I think given the amount of injuries you've had of late and how you've performed would suggest that depth is in fact there. To win games the way you have thus far this season minus Evans, Ndidi, Ricardo, Maddison (not fully fit) suggests the squad depth is good. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Flog gray and iheanacho and buy chris woods back. We need a chris woods up front as a plan b.

who? Never heard of Chris Woods.

I'd take Chris Wood though, but would cost far too much and wouldn't want to be a backup striker.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think Dewsbury-Hall will stay. Rodgers said something about him staying if we don't sign a player in that position, so they've probably had a look but can't find a value option. It's probably not ideal for his development but it would only be for the next 3 months and then hopefully we can bring someone in during January to let KDH out on loan again.

It gives us a squad of 26 (27 with Thomas) - Rodgers has said before he likes to have 22 outfielders but long-term injuries to Ndidi and Ricardo (at the very least) have probably necessitated keeping an extra one or two bodies around.

Think KDH was unlucky not to be on the bench Vs West Ham, especially when you consider 3/6 of our midfielders were injured. I guess the 3atb selection means KDH wasn't needed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Think KDH was unlucky not to be on the bench Vs West Ham, especially when you consider 3/6 of our midfielders were injured. I guess the 3atb selection means KDH wasn't needed. 

It was probably a case of Rodgers preferring to have three attacking subs (Iheanacho, Under, Albrighton) and then a more defensive midfielder. You don't want Mendy to get injured and have to bring KDH on, whereas if Tielemans got injured you could move Perez into 10 and re-adjust.

I think should KDH stay, it'll be a more gradual introduction. I can see him being involved against Zorya for example.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

I'd take Chris Wood though, but would cost far too much and wouldn't want to be a backup striker.

You've never heard of chris woods? he's brilliant, loads better than the burnley tosser.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Nice part of the world.  We stayed during the two storms unfortunately!

I played golf in another storm this morning, supposed to be 28 Seniors at Newquay GC go out but only 6 managed it with 3 finishing the 18 holes, brutal out there this morning... 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

that likely shows they aren't expecting anything to happen - nothing doing at the stadium on deadline day !   he's there for a good camera shot !

Someone go and shove a dildo in his ear, please. 

(I strongly suspect that is the only way we make headlines today) 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Shane said:

I agree. I was surprised Brendan didn't revert to the 4-1-2-3 that served us so well for the first 2 games, but then the loss of Praet and Maddison probably forced his hand.

47 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Never heard of Chris Woods, really? He was a pretty decent goalkeeper in his time. 

Mind you, he’s 60 years old now, so I doubt he’d want to come and be back up to Schmeichel 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Sporting in for Slimani according to Record - free transfer

Great business for them. Selling him for £30m and then getting him back a few years later for nothing.

The best bit of business since we sold a fridge with a big head to Man Utd for £80m and pretended it was a defender 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1