Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Can we give Slim to Porto or Benfica just to piss Sporting off please 

No it was in his contract that he could not be sold to one of there rivals. Boy did we get stitched up with him. if they get him back for free they will be laughing out loud

7 minutes ago, Richardson said:

No it was in his contract that he could not be sold to one of there rivals. Boy did we get stitched up with him. if they get him back for free they will be laughing out loud

Not for long I suspect.  Lets not forget the bloke is a twat.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think this is why we won’t see anything from us today in terms of incomings, today will just be sales and loans out, then if we do go for someone we will target a Championship player

So can we still sign championship players til 16th? I don't get it. Thought today was the DEADLINE. 

(please someone make this easy for me, and note I may have liked some posts explaining this already today but it's gone from my brain by now if I did 🤪

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

So can we still sign championship players til 16th? I don't get it. Thought today was the DEADLINE. 

(please someone make this easy for me, and note I may have liked some posts explaining this already today but it's gone from my brain by now if I did 🤪

Yes, moves between Championship and EPL clubs can still be done till the 16th but I'm not 100% on deals between 2 EPL clubs......

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you're moving the goalposts here. You said the bomb squad need replacing, and now you're saying it's not about that.

Chilwell has been replaced very well. Castagne looks a much, much better player for 2/5 of the price.

Gray is 4th or 5th choice winger and doesn't really get into the 25 man squad.

We've had a great start to the season barring yesterday and that was both without injured key players Ricardo and Wilf, and new additions Under and Fofana. I think we've done very good business this window, and I think you'll find every club looks significantly worse when 2 or 3 key players are injured.

No moving the goalposts chief, even Rodgers said ideally he wanted 5 players and he has 3 so I think he realises (in a ideal world) we would ship more deadwood out and sign another 2/3 quality players. 

no issue with what you have said and fair play you have your opinions of which broadly I agree I think it would be a case of getting rid of some more deadwood and getting another 2 in (ideally) but there you go

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Are there any luke warm links to us at the moment? 

Hoping there’s been at least a sign we’ve been active today. 

Absolutely nothing. Make peace with it, no one is coming in. 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm actively hoping there are no deals for us. Deadline day deals stink. Desperate actions from desperate clubs. 

I’d usually agree but this year there’s pressure on the selling clubs due to covid. There will be a few great deals people are pressured to get done.  

Shame we’re not on it. I will forever be sad we didn’t get Benhrama :’(

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Sporting in for Slimani according to Record - free transfer

This is interesting.  Hasn't their former chairman moved on?

I suspect if not we would be reluctant to deal with them again due to the rumoured shenanigans with the Silva transfer.

On the other hand, its all about reducing any financial obligation.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm actively hoping there are no deals for us. Deadline day deals stink. Desperate actions from desperate clubs. 

Weren't Soyuncu and Tielemans both deadline day signings? 

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think we need to be thankful the Lil' Wes transfer was completed last week and we're not hanging on every tweet for updates. 

• Like 1

Just come back into the thread - has Slimani been felled yet?  If he has gone for good, then excellent window. Next season if we stop dishing out sentimental Contract Extensions, we will be leaner and better.    We are still clearing out the mistakes of 2016.

11 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

No moving the goalposts chief, even Rodgers said ideally he wanted 5 players and he has 3 so I think he realises (in a ideal world) we would ship more deadwood out and sign another 2/3 quality players. 

no issue with what you have said and fair play you have your opinions of which broadly I agree I think it would be a case of getting rid of some more deadwood and getting another 2 in (ideally) but there you go

Here's the 25-man squad:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic (3)

Def: Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey, Wes, Fuchs, Ricardo, Castagne, Justin (9)

Mid: Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza, Tielemans, Maddison, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall (7)

Wing: Barnes, Under, Perez, Albrighton (4)

Striker: Vardy, Iheanacho (2)

Total: 25

There's not really any deadwood in there. Wes and Fuchs are only emergency backup now, but we wouldn't be raising any funds getting rid. I think Dewsbury-Hall would have been given a loan if we had got another CM in, but I think we may have used the budget up now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

No, I have it on good authority from Jim "my sources tell me" White that the door "slams shut" tonight... 

God I loathe that man! 

• Haha 1