Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

We have certainly learned from the 2016 Transfer window and the disasters that immediately followed that car crash.   With the Dead-wood gradually being cleared out,  once Covid-19 stops killing life as we know it, we will move forward faster.

I still have to pinch myself how Rudkin and Susan did that number on Woodward with the Maguire sale.  He is so ordinary and very very slow.   The fact that Caglar turned out to be so good (apart from Last Sunday:ph34r:) may have been be a complete stroke of luck, but Boy that sale was such a great deal for our Club.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

Wiltshire on a pay as you play deal? Certainly fits Brendan's description of looking at 'broken' players.

If we could get him fit: where Dave Rennie's replacement when you need him?

He'd surely demand big wages, he's always injured, and has made the papers enough times over the years for being a bit of a dick in his spare time. No thanks

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would take Sarr from Watford (loan deal?) is with option to buy; Gray going the other way?

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would take Sarr from Watford (loan deal?) is with option to buy; Gray going the other way?

There no chance you get sarr with option to buy. 

Transfer fee or loan with obligation to buy

58 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

We have certainly learned from the 2016 Transfer window and the disasters that immediately followed that car crash.   With the Dead-wood gradually being cleared out,  once Covid-19 stops killing life as we know it, we will move forward faster.

I still have to pinch myself how Rudkin and Susan did that number on Woodward with the Maguire sale.  He is so ordinary and very very slow.   The fact that Caglar turned out to be so good (apart from Last Sunday:ph34r:) may have been be a complete stroke of luck, but Boy that sale was such a great deal for our Club.

The Maguire transfer certainly went some way to getting the club back on track. 

Trying to recall the heady days of the summer of 2016 and the car crash transfer window:

Slimani

Musa

Mendy

Kaputska? 

Who else? 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Trying to recall the heady days of the summer of 2016 and the car crash transfer window:

Slimani

Musa

Mendy

Kaputska? 

Who else? 

Zieler and Hernandez

Then Wilf and Wague in January

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Zieler and Hernandez

Then Wilf and Wague in January

Then came the dynamic duo D&G came into the mix .....  God we did screw up badly back then.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Gray is not about to sign for a Championship club

You're right. He's on 50 bags a week here and come the summer can get a huge signing on fee + similar wages elsewhere which will be a temptation. Championship clubs are under huge financial pressure, the only way they get him would be on loan for a season paying a chunk of his wages but we probably would rather him in the squad as an impact player and to help out in the Europa League.

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Slimani

Musa

Mendy

Kaputska? 

Who else? 

Think we signed those plus Zieler and Hernandez that summer. Within a year all 6 had left the club permanently or on loan - what a shambles

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Slimani

Musa

Mendy

Kaputska? 

Who else? 

This is what makes me laugh about people criticising Congerton, given those four signings were made by our 'famed' recruitment team the season after we won the league! 

The way we acted that summer is the equivalent of me getting a nob extension and going round swatting fly's with it rather than putting it to good use!!! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

We could do lot worse than giving Alen Halilovic a go. Only 24 but a free agent. i see they have us linked in that article. Would fit BRs "broken" idea, and if he could get a tune out of him, could yield us a neat profit if he the player himself was prepared to take a bit of a punt too. An idea might be to offer him a low initial salary but with a cut of any future sell on. If he came good, we get a decent player and/or a profit and he earns himself a new more lucrative contract and/or a bonus in the form of a % of any future fee received. if he flops, then it is a low risk strategy

• Like 1

Didn't know Halilovic was without a club, not come up on any of the searches I did during the window on such players. He was hugely rated and we have been linked in the past. Ticks a lot of boxes in terms of the type of player we could need 1 more of but I don't think we will bring anyone else in with Gray and Slimani still on the books.