Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

Said on another thread....

Although I'm happy with our business this window and completely understand not signing anyone else, it feels like a bit of a damp squib watching deadline day knowing nothing will be happening in terms of incoming. 

Not expecting anything, if we are signing from abroad you'd think they'd be some rumours before now. And can't see us signing from other premier League clubs last minute, going to cost too much. But you never know I guess, one huge bid for one of our players and it causes all sorts of panic.

Ross Barkley is the type of midfielder we're missing so think we've missed our there, Loftus-Cheek could be an option but doubt Chelsea would loan to a rival. There are players hanging around in big squads that are looking to move but noone I'd like, I fear Jesse Lingard could be an option if we need to do something.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Do think we will sign a central midfielder it’s clear as daylight we need an attacking option when the likes of Praet / Maddison are missing we struggled, so maybe one more wouldn’t hurt us. 

Ross Barkley on a season long loan would have been perfect but I guess he was looking for the certainty of first team football so going to Villa made sense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Ross Barkley on a season long loan would have been perfect but I guess he was looking for the certainty of first team football so going to Villa made sense.

But then why would Barkley come from being rotation at Chelsea, to rotation at Leicester? He starts every week at Villa.

Edit: think i quoted the wrong post :facepalm:

But stands, doubt Chelsea would loan to us anyway. We're potentially a rival for them.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Leeds is Gray's most realistic and probably only option. Hopefully they have reached desperation levels and he is the easiest deal to do, which doesn't have to be done today does it?

Leeds are getting a winger from Rennes, so I can’t see them going after Gray as well

If he is going to a Prem team it has to be today, he can only go to Championship teams after today, this new domestic window you can’t deal with other Prem teams

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, simon789us said:

After yesterday’s debacle we need 2 Centre backs left back and midfield cover 

You are aware we just signed a CB right, or have you written him off as well just for being on the bench in that 1 match? 

• Haha 4