Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

18 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't see an extra creative CM as 3rd choice - he'd be 2nd choice for either no.8 position in a way. If you try to pick a second XI, I think the 4th choice no.8 is a glaring weakness. It is bad luck to have both Maddison and Praet injured at the same time, but I think we are in slight trouble whenever we lose any one of Tielemans, Maddison or Praet. Suddenly, there's no-one on the bench to bring on in their positions for any reason, and we're in danger of running the other two into the ground with regular 2 games a week. Maybe KDH can be the player we need, but he wasn't in the squad yesterday, so perhaps BR doesn't think he is that player or isn't ready yet.

You had me at hello 😂(OK I'm am now convinced, do it. Go buy one 😂) 

• Haha 1

I think Dewsbury-Hall will stay. Rodgers said something about him staying if we don't sign a player in that position, so they've probably had a look but can't find a value option. It's probably not ideal for his development but it would only be for the next 3 months and then hopefully we can bring someone in during January to let KDH out on loan again.

It gives us a squad of 26 (27 with Thomas) - Rodgers has said before he likes to have 22 outfielders but long-term injuries to Ndidi and Ricardo (at the very least) have probably necessitated keeping an extra one or two bodies around.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't get why people go on about Ghezzal, Silva and Slimani being any sort of loss. They haven't been in the 25 squad for years, they aren't going to be in it this season. They are Leicester players contractually only, they're departure has zero bearing on squad depth as they never even train with the first team let alone play. "Replacing" these guys is an absolute fallacy.

It’s not so much replacing poor players who aren’t in the squad but the squad depth and quality isn’t there yet. Gray and Chilwell also mentioned and they will/would be a loss. Leicester need quality replacements 

2/3 injuries we look dreadful