Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Deadline Day Thread

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Everton are owned by Billionaires.... their owner is Moshiri, and he’s a billionaire himself.... but he is “unofficially” backed by Usmanov. I thought people knew that? 

...surely you are not suggesting they are putting their own money into the club to finance player recruitment!!!

We also have billionaire owners, they are not putting money into the club as a strategy of self reliance but even if they wished to move away from this policy FFP would prevent that from happening. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surely you are not suggesting they are putting their own money into the club to finance player recruitment!!!

We also have billionaire owners, they are not putting money into the club as a strategy of self reliance but even if they wished to move away from this policy FFP would prevent that from happening. 

Isn’t FFP out of the window at the moment?

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

FFP is “on a break” this season. Hence why they’ve got around it and taken advantage. 

They also sold the “naming rights” to their training ground the Usmanovs company....

I'm surprised people are surprised by Everton's spending. They've been doing it for years now.

I know it isn't as exciting in the transfer window, but we should value the sustainable approach our owners take.

3 minutes ago, Fktf said:

I'm surprised people are surprised by Everton's spending. They've been doing it for years now.

I know it isn't as exciting in the transfer window, but we should value the sustainable approach our owners take.

I'm bored though! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fktf said:

I'm surprised you're surprised that people are surprised by Everton's spending.

Given that we are spending a large amount on Seagrave, our transfer policy kind of hinges on a player leaving for a large fee so we can buy more than one with lower transfer values that have time to develop at the club. 

The sales of Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire and Kante, plus others, have financed plenty of players' arrivals over the past few years. And I fully expect that trend to continue over the next few seasons.

36 minutes ago, murphy said:

No but we might be aiming for top 6 with the likes of Maddison, Vardy, N'Didi, Tielemans etc,

Regarding left back, just ask yourself, did we sign Castagne because we are collecting rightbacks or is it more likely that he will be that left back when Ricardo returns?

But he’s not a natural left back. That’s my point. He’s a makeshift left back, as are the others. Not good enough for a club with top 4 aspirations. Really thought we would kick on and show some ambition after the shambles after restart.

1 minute ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

wtf you on about lol we have no financial worries. we just arent a huge club that can overspend for fun. we never have been. 

You do know the business the  owners are involved in i take it ?

BR said himself that finances are not there..

1 minute ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Given that we are spending a large amount on Seagrave, our transfer policy kind of hinges on a player leaving for a large fee so we can buy more than one with lower transfer values that have time to develop at the club. 

The sales of Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire and Kante, plus others, have financed plenty of players' arrivals over the past few years. And I fully expect that trend to continue over the next few seasons.

exactly, the owners havent splashed cash on players without selling first in years. since before pearson rejoined really. people seem to have a very misguided idea on the way we do transfers. the owners almost never invest money to buy players. in fact at this point they straight up never do that, they have us running at a profit, the club pays for itself.