Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

55 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's weird. Sometimes we look atrocious. Some of the games from Jan 2020 to now are among the worst since we came back to the PL in 2014. 

Not even close. 2nd season Ranieri was some of the worse performances the PL has ever seen. Wimbledon Crazy Gang lite bullshit.

Shakespeare and Purl after honeymoon periods were grim too.

Let's not exaggerate....

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not even close. 2nd season Ranieri was some of the worse performances the PL has ever seen. Wimbledon Crazy Gang lite bullshit.

Let's not exaggerate....

Did we even have a good chance today? Vs West Ham, apart from the Barnes 'goal'? We go from the sublime to the ridiculous more under Rodgers more than any other manager I can think of. 

That's not me saying 'Rodgers Out' of course, I just think it's weird how bad we can be at times. We almost look disinterested sometimes. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Did we even have a good chance today? Vs West Ham, apart from the Barnes 'goal'? We go from the sublime to the ridiculous more under Rodgers more than any other manager I can think of. 

That's not me saying 'Rodgers Out' of course, I just think it's weird how bad we can be at times. We almost look disinterested sometimes. 

I've said it before.  We look good when teams play how we want them to.  Thats when Rodgers excels.  As soon as any team comes up with something different, we are a beaten side. 

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

That's not me saying 'Rodgers Out' of course, I just think it's weird how bad we can be at times. 

I agree totally, the last 2 performances have been unacceptable and not saying we should accept them but a sense of perspective needed, apart from winning the actual thing we've been largely crap for huge chunks of our stay in the PL and regularly out of form. Rodgers has not lived up to the expectations so far and it is fair to hold him to a higher standard, but we have not exactly been world beaters before he came either. 

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

I've said it before.  We look good when teams play how we want them to.  Thats when Rodgers excels.  As soon as any team comes up with something different, we are a beaten side. 

That's a good way of putting it. He is good at what he does in setting up a team and let's recognise what a good coach he is in improving players technically but he is completely undynamic/ one dimensional too. A poundland Pep!

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Let's not exaggerate....

That Bournemouth game was pretty horrific 

Norwich defeat, didn’t they go on to lose there next 10 consecutively before getting relegated.

Still a bit mystified we didn't go in for Benrahma before the window closed earlier this month....might have been the answer up front, being as the latest opposition went for Watkins from the same club. Unless I've missed something then maybe he wanted to stay in London??

1 hour ago, pazzerfox said:

What more can the bloke do?  We've got so many injuries, our transfer budget has been slashed because of Covid and he still hasn't got all the players in that he wants.  Give him 3 or 4 more transfer windows and we'll be a really good side.

Stop making excuses for him. The negative tactics and aimless passing sideways / back to Kasper crap has been going on the whole year - before the injuries started.

Edited by NeilLCFC

Our league form since Christmas Day: 

W 9
D 5 

L 11

25 games, 32 points from a possible 75. Granted we’ve been unlucky with injuries, but we were in a slump long before the injury crisis/lockdown last season. 

Puels league form in his last 25 league games:

W 8

D 5

L 12

29 points from a possible 75.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That Bournemouth game was pretty horrific 

Norwich defeat, didn’t they go on to lose there next 10 consecutively before getting relegated.

Yes, despite today's injuries then under Rodgers sadly we've been collectively poor since late November/Christmas really - the rot sort of set in after the draw at home to Norwich in mid December. We've not really been consistent since then - just the odd good performances here and there....not going to get us top 6 again this season I fear, especially with Europa commitments in the equation. You also can't really blame the 'no fans in the stadium' aspect to much of it either, given our form in normal, pre Covid times too in the main between last December through to mid March! Lower half of the Prem > bottom three form I bet in those months since then! 

6 minutes ago, Guy said:

Still a bit mystified we didn't go in for Benrahma before the window closed earlier this month....might have been the answer up front, being as the latest opposition went for Watkins from the same club. Unless I've missed something then maybe he wanted to stay in London??

We bought Under but the daft bugger of a manager chose not to stick him on today for even a few minutes today, albeit that he was good enough to represent his country this week. Even Bale wouldn't have got on today, he'd have been at risk of putting a cross into the box and Slimani heading it in, Rodgers couldn't have any of that anti football occurring!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Our league form since Christmas Day: 

W 9
D 5 

L 11

32 points from a possible 75. Granted we’ve been unlucky with injuries, but we were in a slump long before the injury crisis/lockdown last season. 

Appearing a little one dimensional in the games we go behind in, or when we can’t break down teams after 30 mins is usually the same story come 90mins.

Normally ok when we take the lead and the opponent needs to attack.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

We'll win one of the big ones in the next 4 which will get everyone back on side but then repeat mistakes. 

He's a clearly a good manager but frustrates the life out of me. 

When you say clearly, I think my glasses must have steamed up because despite certain TV pundits slobbering on about him, I can't quite make it out yet.