Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

We bought Under but the daft bugger of a manager chose not to stick him on today for even a few minutes today, albeit that he was good enough to represent his country this week. Even Bale wouldn't have got on today, he'd have been at risk of putting a cross into the box and Slimani heading it in, Rodgers couldn't have any of that anti football occurring!

Hmmm, I suppose he considered Under as better vfm perhaps re the paying heavily over the odds for English based players like Benrahma? As you said though, it's strange that he didn't play Under today. even for the last few minutes of the game when it remained goalless as anything could've happened. Maybe Rodgers is playing safe in games where we've been beset by injuries and don't look like winning it - and maybe considers a point (or a last gasp winner on a good day) worth playing the game out for without being adventurous or even pragmatic/logical. Ironically Villa punished our toothless display and got that crucial 90+ 'er' today instead. I see they're 66-1 to win the Prem.....

Edited by Guy
none
  • Like 2

If Villa,Everton,Southampton can turn it around, then I expect BRodgers to Grab hold of the situation,

get the Team at least performing and showing attacking intent...

After Two poor defeats,Man.City well planned success means diddley-squat. He has chosen the "Too cautious" route..Even with

injuries we have An attacking Styled squad,so he should be playing to that strength & Play players in their better aquainted  roles....

we have Praet,Mendy,Tielemans & back Four to defend..so get und Keep  Barnes, Perez Slimani ( Gray/Nacho) on the attacking Front foot.Maddison taking an high line,and not consistently Running back,where Tielemans,Praet or Mendy should be...!!

Though Covid is creating an unaquired,unkomfortabel position and situation....BRodgers has to get his squad performing.....

12th 8th or 6-4th I Really Dont care..this season, but this "Defender of all & happy-clapper"  wont tolerate consistent poor performances nor results like Our last 2 ,through even our Next ten games ,Let alone the season..

Mr Rodgers you have your squad,they have proved they have 'fearless  "Stamped through them..

Use it..!!! Don t undervalue it,by Making excuses...You have your Contract & the Financial Trust

...Prove & earn it..The Fans have the right to the expectations of consistent Quality performances &  entertainment at an higher level....

We Dont expect Robots,we Dont expect always success,but we expect endeavour,fight und a Bit more Spirit in our Team showing....

Life at the Moment is a bit miserable for many...Cheer us up a bit...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I'm just sick of hearing his same old **** in press conferences, I'm sick of his glaring mistakes in substitutions. I'm sick of him over complicating things when sometimes you just got to let them of the leash. I'm sick of it being about him. I'm sick of his ego. I'm sick of the team passing it slowly around when we're in need of a goal. I'm sick of his fascination with possession at all times. 

I'm afraid to say I just don't feel connected to him at as a manager. I know people laugh when comparisons are drawn with Big Nige "oh no not this **** again, it's embarrassing" but NP really did make me feel connected to the club and team, I get comfort In knowing his day will come again though. 

To be fair to Rodgers maybe the Covid situation isn't helping and you can't deny he's been overall successful, although the January dip in form trend is worrying and is becoming an almighty dip.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 4

Although I find Rodgers and his David Brentism's too much sometimes, I really don't see an alternative out there.  Just remember he wanted 5 players during the transfer window and the club didn't have the money to spend on his targets, also we have an injury list that would give most clubs our size problems!  Villa & Leeds have owners who are prepared to put a lot of money into the club, it is only going to get harder for us to compete.

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Doesn’t seem happy with the business we did and I don’t think Top is too happy to back him after us blowing champions league football.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t see the season out.

There well could be some truth in that. 
King Power took a huge hit this year and CL football could have funded the club for this year and maybe next, negating the need for anymore cash injections other than those already agreed for Seagrave etc. 
Letting that slip was a major mark on his card with the club hierarchy.

Don't think that because he has valuable contract that the  club won’t get rid of him if the rot sets in. 
A few more shots from 25 yards that beat Kasper in the coming weeks will certainly mean some more Camping out side of the Chairman’s office by the snakes to blame his poor management instead of Kasper and his shite positioning! 

12 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Although I find Rodgers and his David Brentism's too much sometimes, I really don't see an alternative out there.  Just remember he wanted 5 players during the transfer window and the club didn't have the money to spend on his targets, also we have an injury list that would give most clubs our size problems!  Villa & Leeds have owners who are prepared to put a lot of money into the club, it is only going to get harder for us to compete.

The club don’t have the funds because somehow, Brendan and his fantastic managerial nous, presided over the biggest and mostly costly dip in form this club has ever undergone in recent times and somehow managed to grab defeat from the jaws of Champions League qualification victory! 
That should be a criminal offence.

1 minute ago, Ceirboy said:

The club don’t have the funds because somehow, Brendan and his fantastic managerial nous, presided over the biggest and mostly costly dip in form this club has ever undergone in recent times and somehow managed to grab defeat from the jaws of Champions League qualification victory! 
That should be a criminal offence.

I'm not defending him, but I don't see an alternative...Eddy Howe, who took a good Bournemouth team down and had more holes in defence than a Swiss cheese.

Like most people who watched that game last night, it was glaringly obvious that we needed to change tactics around 55 minute mark

But Rodgers doesn’t change tactics, this is why he will never be a top top manager.

What was his reasons for bringing Slimani on?, the poor bloke can’t run for toffee, so was asked to do a job of running around like a headless chicken, it was painful watching.

If you’re going to bring on that type of player, bring Albrighton and Under on who will look to put balls in the box, it’s not rocket science.

Rodgers was like a breath of fresh air when he took over, quick incisive passing, it was a joy to watch.

We have stopped doing those good things, and you have to wonder why.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dayday said:

Like most people who watched that game last night, it was glaringly obvious that we needed to change tactics around 55 minute mark

But Rodgers doesn’t change tactics, this is why he will never be a top top manager.

What was his reasons for bringing Slimani on?, the poor bloke can’t run for toffee, so was asked to do a job of running around like a headless chicken, it was painful watching.

If you’re going to bring on that type of player, bring Albrighton and Under on who will look to put balls in the box, it’s not rocket science.

Rodgers was like a breath of fresh air when he took over, quick incisive passing, it was a joy to watch.

We have stopped doing those good things, and you have to wonder why.

I shall tell you why. 
Brendan Rodgers is all about Brendan Rogers.

In Scotland, he could get away with much more than you can in England, the glare of the worlds cameras aren’t on you in Glasgow.

After those few games, he quickly realised that Brendan Rodgers would get slaughtered by the media because teams had worked him out very quickly if he didn’t change tack pretty sharpish.

So Brendan the coward was born. Not to protect his team but to protect brand Brendan Rodgers.

Mock me all you like but that is the story of his time here so far! 

Edited by Ceirboy

I think the point is where do you go from here, both from a reputation perspective and in terms of legitimate options. If BR can’t do it, who can. 

But there are an awful lot of very good points on here. The obsession with keeping the ball, slow play and lack of invention. Add that the fact that he clearly has his favourites who seem to play regardless of form. The substitutions last night were very strange, and the continuing commitment to Perez is highly questionable. 

This is not a recent issue, it’s been a problem since the turn of the year. 

I really don't enjoy the talk about sacking the manager when we're in one of the best periods of our history.

We're going to be playing in Europe again, we have such an exciting young squad, the new training facilities, upgrade on the ground pending, there's so much to be happy about.

Also considering that, currently, football is in a weird place, it's tricky to judge things impartially. 

That said, as detailed in previous comments in this thread, his form stats are going the wrong way at the moment and that's the default set of facts we use to judge him on, so he's sketching an interesting picture. 

It will be interesting to see how we fair this Thursday.

Obvious, but if we have a poor run of European results, there'll be some proper questions asked by those above him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bovril said:

It's weird. Sometimes we look atrocious. Some of the games from Jan 2020 to now are among the worst since we came back to the PL in 2014. 

Ever since he signed his contract we have been poor apart from a few games. Most fans could see we also needed a new striker has vardy is getting injuries and the other options are not good enough. This football we have played from December is no better than puels football apart from a few games

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rodgers needs to look at others manager's like Ralf Hasenhuttl who seem to get the best out of the players that are available. We seem to be a team full of individuals  who can't seem to gel or play together, if Rodgers doesn't sort it out soon we may end up slipping down and we don't have the cushion of last season.

Southampton 0 - Leicester 9

We finished 5th and we're currently 4th. 

Now I'm not particularly enamoured with his style of play, his game management or his tendency to completely overthink everything and end up usually worse. But I'm not sure a bang average Southampton manager is where he should be looking for answers. 

At some point we need to look at the players as well as the manager. People have a tendency to constantly overstate the quality of our team. when in reality they as a group and them as individuals have in the main not shown the consistency needed to be top players or a top team. There is a lot of potential there, but it's consistency at a high level that makes a top player.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Ever since he signed his contract we have been poor apart from a few games. Most fans could see we also needed a new striker has vardy is getting injuries and the other options are not good enough. This football we have played from December is no better than puels football apart from a few games

I'm sure the manager would like a new striker, but the current reality is that we have three backup strikers who cost a combined £85m, one of which this manager signed. There is ideal scenarios and real world where you have to deal with what you've got. 

I'm not Rodgers out yet by any means. Even more so during this current period of uncertainty, get gets the season for me.

He can blame injuries, lack of business in the summer etc but the most concerning for me is the lack of motivation, how passive we are in games, and our inability to change. We lack creativity and have done for what feels like years, we always play like we're a man down, we lack any physicality and can be bullied in midfield.

He isn't known to be a negative manager is he? I don't think he has trust in the team. However he probably doesn't see it has negative, and I half agree as long as it is positive possession and we are probing whilst in control. That's not how it is currently. 

He got credit for Man City away but on another day we go another goal down and it's game over.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

I'm sure the manager would like a new striker, but the current reality is that we have three backup strikers who cost a combined £85m, one of which this manager signed. There is ideal scenarios and real world where you have to deal with what you've got. 

But you could see that the last 3 transfer windowswe needed a new striker so where is the excuse from the 2 before. Its a joke if you want to break the top 6 you need to be ambitious 

5 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

But you could see that the last 3 transfer windowswe needed a new striker so where is the excuse from the 2 before. Its a joke if you want to break the top 6 you need to be ambitious 

You can’t put that down to the manager or even the recruitment team. Every man and his dog outside Leicester knows JV is the main man. No top striker is going to sign for Leicester to sit on the bench. 

Take Watkins (who little Wes has in his pocket) cost £33m, a lot of people wanted him. Who does he sign for ? Villa, a team able to pay him a large salary and guarantee a starting spot or us, another team able to pay him a large salary but cannot guarantee him a starting spot. 

No matter who our manager is, it’s a difficult position to recruit because we have one of the best in the business.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

We have limitations and a budget, we aren't Manchester City. He and the club would have decided what was a priority, other areas we didn't have the numbers needed, up front we do, despite their limitations.  

If he doesn't adapt his pitter patter passing football style with this squad then the opponents Keeper might as well bring a picnic table and flask to games. Can't see things improving too much with the one up front system Brendan loves so much. We'll need the rub of the green for the next few weeks with the current injury list but the way we play we simply do not make our own luck. Brendan is at a serious crossroad moment if he is to take club and fans forward together.