Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its the strongest squad I've ever seen at leicester. We just don't have the ability to stock pile players like Chelsea, spurs or man utd.

If Liverpool lost van dijk, Salah, firmino and Alexander Arnold with an unfit thiago and Keita, and an injured matip they'd struggle as well.

Squad depth is at best the ability to switch 2/3/4 players selectively out at a time - at full strength we can do thay but the reality with as many injuries as we have itll be tough and every side in the world would feel that.

Don't get me wrong we still need 2/3 players as morgan and fuchs aren't really adequate squad players anymore in my opinion.

No doubt about that put play them against our title winning team and they wouldnt stand a chance.

You have to question why that is .. 

15 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

If we had a prime vardy, kante and mahrez today then I reckon we'd be in the running for the title too. 

We could have maldini, Zidane and Messi but if you cant get the team playing in a way that suits them it makes no differance. 

We have better players now but we are no where near the better team. 

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We've lost more than we have won this year with our only wins coming against Man City, Burnley, WBA, Villa, Birmingham, Brentford, west Ham, Newcastle, Wigan.

That's, 2 championship teams, a league 1 team, a newly promoted side and the rest (bar Man city) are hardly the best the league has to offer....

It's not good enough no matter how hard you defend it. 

I was critical last season, don't get me wrong, but those games were last season. Football is played in seasons and not in years.

26 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We could have maldini, Zidane and Messi but if you cant get the team playing in a way that suits them it makes no differance. 

We have better players now but we are no where near the better team. 

Don't be silly we're missing half our starting xi. Take Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Shinji and Huth out the title team, still think they'll beat the current line up? Of course not.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Based on the last 2 but ignoring the previous 3 to that?

...the previous 3 adopted a tactic of competing with us and believed that there tactics could compete with what ever we brought to the table!!!

As soon as a Deep Block is in front of us, we revert to the slow pedestrian predictable visionless football we currently see. There are some teams that will not change their style because their manager has a principle he is not willing to relinquish, they include Arsenal, Man. City, Liverpool, Man. United and to some extent Chelsea. These are teams we will approach differently and attempt to compete like for like, we then changed against Man. City (Rogers admits it took him 14 years) and executed a Block and countered Man. City, we all know the result but the style is something that the elite teams struggle to overcome, we play that way in our next four games we will win if not all but more than we will lose.

2 hours ago, dayday said:

You can see what team Brendan wants, pace right through the team and Wilf protecting the back 4.

When Soyuncu, Ricardo and Ünder are in the side you will see a different Leicester, let’s  just hope we get to see it.

Not for another few months at least...

2 hours ago, Manini said:

He should probably be given the length of his contract considering it’s such a whopper and sacking him is is nobodies best interests really (unless it looks like we’re going down). I wouldn’t mind as much really if you could see what the plan was and we could buy in to it. It might all just click eventually but you’d have to say given the time he’s been with us now we’ve seen pretty much all we’re ever going to see from us under him - and it’s probably a lot more disappointing and average than we all expected it to be (first 7/8 months aside tbh I’m still not certain why we were so good in that spell considering what’s come afterwards)

Back to back humblings by Man City and Liverpool knocked the confidence out of the team over the Christmas period, then Ricardo went out, and we just played like a car crash for some reason after lockdown, maybe we thought the season would get cancelled and didn’t train as hard as other clubs?

it was that 20 minute catastrophe against Brighton (1-0 up, in complete control then Kasper under no pressure mistake leads to a penalty and Calgar gets himself sent off with the ball out of play :frusty:) that lost us our Champions League spot and complete collapse. The Champions League money would have purchased us a new striker alongside it existing summer signings.

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Don't be silly we're missing half our starting xi. Take Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Shinji and Huth out the title team, still think they'll beat the current line up? Of course not.

But our run of vmbad form pre dates our injury crisis. 

We've been poor for the last 25 games. 

The injuries are an excuse. 

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I was critical last season, don't get me wrong, but those games were last season. Football is played in seasons and not in years.

They are but absolutely NOTHING has changed this season from the end of last so the run of dreadful form seems relevant. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

They are but absolutely NOTHING has changed this season from the end of last so the run of dreadful form seems relevant. 

We literally beat WBA, Burnley and Man City (second best team in the league) before these two defeats. 9 points from 9, having conceded 3, going into the West Ham game.

Edited by Fox92

The issue I have with Rodgers is again he does not make changes to turn the game in our favour. We barely had a shot on their goal all game. Villa looked far more comfortable. Perez does not offer us a lot with the ball but he will track back so I can understand why he started him. But during the game where was the tactical decision to turn the game our way and have a bit of a go at their defence. Why did Under not come on or change and play Slimani / Perez and Kelechi together and put real pressure on the 2 Villa centre backs. We just sat back and looked to play for a draw at home. We have a lot of injuries so I understand we are weaker than we should be. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We literally beat WBA, Burnley and Man City (second best team in the league) before these two defeats. 9 points from 9, having conceded 3, going into the West Ham game.

Ok, add Villa, west ham and Newcastle to that list and you've named every premier league team we've beaten in the last 25 games....

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Good Lord no, Long term thinking every time, not filling holes as and when they occur. The reason you have a new fancy ass training ground is make your next Vardy, your next Youri, or at the very least, have a good shot at tempting youngsters to join.

Might well have a nice training ground but will look stupid in a few years time if we are in the championship because we don't invest in experience players who now could improve this team The facilities at Belvoir drive are a good standard for the Premier league. Training grounds don't get you into the top 6. I just hope in the longterm we are still in the Premier league because nothing is garunteed in this world

18 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ok, add Villa, west ham and Newcastle to that list and you've named every premier league team we've beaten in the last 25 games....

lol What.

As I said, that was last season.

I'd be worried if we'd have lost to Burnley/WBA too (expected a loss to Man City tbf) but we took 9 from 9 so it's hardly a continuing of last season's poor form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Its the strongest squad I've ever seen at leicester. We just don't have the ability to stock pile players like Chelsea, spurs or man utd.

If Liverpool lost van dijk, Salah, firmino and Alexander Arnold with an unfit thiago and Keita, and an injured matip they'd struggle as well.

Squad depth is at best the ability to switch 2/3/4 players selectively out at a time - at full strength we can do thay but the reality with as many injuries as we have itll be tough and every side in the world would feel that.

Don't get me wrong we still need 2/3 players as morgan and fuchs aren't really adequate squad players anymore in my opinion.

Agree 100% but we need to look in to whether these injuries we keep getting is purely bad luck or is there something in what we are doing? We were so good at preventing injuries before for years and I hope this isn't just shrugged off as bad fortune if its not just that.

The next 12 months has got to be about developing the attacking and creative options in this squad, we have not really changed that dimension much under Rodgers nd its the obvious area that needs a bit of work. 

Reading some of this thread though is quite scary. I do wonder whether we will ever satisfy a proportion of our fan base again, seems impossible. 

10 minutes ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Might well have a nice training ground but will look stupid in a few years time if we are in the championship because we don't invest in experience players who now could improve this team The facilities at Belvoir drive are a good standard for the Premier league. Training grounds don't get you into the top 6. I just hope in the longterm we are still in the Premier league because nothing is garunteed in this world

We don't need to buy many experience players (Luv you Timmy :wub:), we obviously like buying younger players and developing them. This approach has benefits and problems, specifically its part of self sustaining funding process (Harry, Ben, etc) and it also allows us to get the best out of our prospects thus increasing their resale value and this is but one reason why we need a fancy pants training ground. The problems are if the players we purchase as prospect fail to deliver on their potential, but again, the fancy training ground will help mitigate that risk.

Don`t get me wrong, there are risks with this approach, and the management team are on the hook for this process, but even they would much prefer to have the best tools at their disposal.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol What.

As I said, that was last season.

I'd be worried if we'd have lost to Burnley/WBA too (expected a loss to Man City tbf) but we took 9 from 9 so it's hardly a continuing of last season's poor form.

That's were our opinion differs, you seem to think last seasons form doesn't matter and if we had went out and signed 5/6 players and started playing a completely different style, I would agree but as it is.....

We have the same squad give or take than the one who bottles CL places and we play in the EXACT same way we have since xmas day but yeah, your right..... Its not relevant at all. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

We don't need to buy many experience players (Luv you Timmy :wub:), we obviously like buying younger players and developing them. This approach has benefits and problems, specifically its part of self sustaining funding process (Harry, Ben, etc) and it also allows us to get the best out of our prospects thus increasing their resale value and this is but one reason why we need a fancy pants training ground. The problems are if the players we purchase as prospect fail to deliver on their potential, but again, the fancy training ground will help mitigate that risk.

Don`t get me wrong, there are risks with this approach, and the management team are on the hook for this process, but even they would much prefer to have the best tools at their disposal.

You'd think there is a whole host of clubs who are our rivals and peers that have disrupted the top 6 twice in the last 5 seasons, 1 of which we won the fcuker. I really do despair at times when fans question the model of our club, just shows how irrational some of us become through the upset of bad results. 

• Like 1