Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

He's too comfortable. On a sensational contract which means he's here because we won't pay him off or if we do he'll get a huge pay-off, the media are huge fans of him, he followed an extremely unpopular manager and did improve us last season but shouldn't live off that forever (the last 15 games were not impressive).

Look, I hope he becomes a manager we revere, one that makes us a joy to watch but adapts and has steel to grind it out when it is tough. But we don't, we look like a team that cruises when we're on top and drifts along when we aren't.

I think my view of football, not just Leicester, at the moment is possibly clouding it but this is one of the best sides I've seen yet I don't feel much for it at all.

• Like 3

Just now, Corky said:

He's too comfortable. On a sensational contract which means he's here because we won't pay him off or if we do he'll get a huge pay-off, the media are huge fans of him, he followed an extremely unpopular manager and did improve us last season but shouldn't live off that forever (the last 15 games were not impressive).

Look, I hope he becomes a manager we revere, one that makes us a joy to watch but adapts and has steel to grind it out when it is tough. But we don't, we look like a team that cruises when we're on top and drifts along when we aren't.

I think my view of football, not just Leicester, at the moment is possibly clouding it but this is one of the best sides I've seen yet I don't feel much for it at all.

Totally agree. We don't seem to have any identity. Never know which Leicester is going to turn up. It's usually the dull version 

I don't really see why not? For a start, it'd cost a fortune to get rid of him so we'd have to be dire straits for him to go. 

But beyond that, I don't see any reason for him to go. He's a bit of a victim of our success this time last year that very much came about because we had a fully fit squad that meant we could put our best team out every week and we got into a flow. Since last Christmas, we've not had that luxury and it's going to be a long time between games where our best 11 start together. The injuries are absolutely rotten and the constant flow of injuries and players unavailable would be hard for any team to cope with. Let's be honest, today we probably had at least two start who, in other circumstances, wouldn't have done because they weren't fit. 

I also feel a bit sorry for him because he just hasn't been backed in the transfer window, if you're gonna pay your manager what we pay him, you've got to be willing to spend some cash and yet here we are missing a reasonable backup to Vardy or Tielemans. 

• Like 1

He’ll get a lot of patience. But it’s a weird one where I can’t seem to warm to him like a Pearson, an O’Niell or a Ranieri. And on paper he has delivered something that should be classed as success.

Obviously it’s nothing like the lack of connection with the fan base that Puel had (never seen anything like that at Leicester as we’re a fan base that is typically very vocally supportive of our managers but there was just nothing with him) but I get the sense a large proportion of our fanbase - me included - are struggling to like Rodgers as a personality.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Totally agree. We don't seem to have any identity. Never know which Leicester is going to turn up. It's usually the dull version 

I thought our problem, when he joined, was that we'd be too gung-ho. I was convinced we had a manager who just wanted to attack and create and defending was almost an afterthought.

Yet we've sat through so many turgid displays where attacking seems the last thing on his mind.

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He’ll get a lot of patience. But it’s a weird one where I can’t seem to warm to him like a Pearson, an O’Niell or a Ranieri. And on paper he has delivered something that should be classed as success.

Obviously it’s nothing like the lack of connection with the fan base that Puel had (never seen anything like that at Leicester as we’re a fan base that is typically very vocally supportive of our managers but there was just nothing with him) but I get the sense a large proportion of our fanbase - me included - are struggling to like Rodgers as a personality.

I think you get the impression from Rodgers that the first big job that is offered to him he'll take. That may not be the case but it's just a feeling I have with him.

• Like 1

Any team in the prem would miss Ricardo, Ndidi, Vardy and a fully fit Maddison. Add Soyuncu to the mix and half of our strongest team are missing. 

We will be fine. We are not the greatest prem team when we won the first 3 games and we are not nearly the worst because we have lost a couple. 

Give it some perspective people. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rodgers needs to look at others manager's like Ralf Hasenhuttl who seem to get the best out of the players that are available. We seem to be a team full of individuals  who can't seem to gel or play together, if Rodgers doesn't sort it out soon we may end up slipping down and we don't have the cushion of last season.

A manager who he beat 9 nil? 

This thread. Wow.

5 of our first team out against a team thats flying. Its a bad patch, weve got a tough spell coming up if we don't do well in that ill begin to question things.

• Like 1

Just now, kiwiturk said:

BR love for Ayoze Perez is incredible.

Only one thing explains that.

They are a couple and madly in love❤️❤️❤️❤️..

I just can't find any other reason to explain this friggin circus.

Hilarious. Just as funny as the first, second and third time this has been written... 

'out of adversity comes opportunity'.

Now's a great chance for not only Rodgers (but mainly him) but the fringe players to prove their worth to the team. Their value. Rodgers is a good manager who can get that out of the players but he has to make better decisions during the game. 

Rodgers may be considered one of the best British managers around but his record in 2020  does not support that view.

His main issue for me is his stubbornness and a persistent failure to address fundamental flaws in the team’s playing style - e.g. trying one pass too many in our own half, losing the ball and finding the opposition running at us with defenders out of position; also failing to work the opposition keeper enough with shots and headers from open play and set pieces. And that’s just a couple...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

A manager who he beat 9 nil? 

This thread. Wow.

5 of our first team out against a team thats flying. Its a bad patch, weve got a tough spell coming up if we don't do well in that ill begin to question things.

What would constitute as not well in our next four against arsenal, Leeds, wolves and Liverpool? 

I dont think we should be getting the pitch forks out just yet but I also dont think we can just keep blaming injuries. Of course it is easier to win games when we have Vardy, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Ndidi but the team we had out today should have been more than good enough to beat Villa. The last 2 results have been very poor and so have the performances. Rodgers doesn't do himself any favours when he makes poor substitutions and keeps starting Perez when he has offered very little so far this season. We have been pretty poor for large parts since last xmas with the odd decent performance thrown in and our first 3 games of the season gave us hope that we had turned the corner, but the last games have been back to square 1. We can blame injuries, we can blame lack of signings, but Rodgers still has a better starting 11 than at least 12 teams in this league at the moment, including Villa and West Ham. 

I'm also sick of people saying "its not that bad, they scored 7 against liverpool". That game was a freak like when we beat Man City 5-2. You cannot read anything into games like that and it does not make Villa a world class team because of 1 freak result. Regardless of them beating Liverpool 7-2, us losing to them at home is an very very poor result! 

That result is not on Rodgers. It’s just one of those things, I don’t think anyone’s to blame. Although we weren’t brilliant tonight, it’s to be expected when half your side is missing. I wouldn’t underestimate the momentum factor also, with our poor result in the previous game vs Villa’s result. 

57 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

These melt downs when we lose are funny. We will lose games this season - accept it and move on.

It's why I tend to stay out of the match day threads when we lose. So many braindead morons whose week will now actually be ruined by a game of football lol

• Like 3