Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bar the game yesterday what other subs did he get wrong in the first 4 league games? 

No changes at half time for the West Ham game for a start off.

Everyone could see his tactics weren't working and the team weren't creating anything but he kept it the same as a sign of his usual resilience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nnfox said:

We are totally a confidence team, to the point where I'd say (and some statto will correct me) 9 times out of 10 when we score first we win and 9 times out of 10 if we concede first not only do we lose, but we lose without scoring.

I've statto'd myself and our downturn in form last season was quite interesting.  In the final 20 games (from Man City A) we drew two games 0-0.  We scored first in 10 games.  Of those 10, we went on to win just 5, drew 1 and lost 4.  We scored 19 goals and conceded 13 in those games.  So scoring first gave a mixed bag of results and performances.

Where our opponent scored first, our confidence was completely shot.  In 8 games where they scored first we went on to lose 6 and salvage a draw in 2.  We didn't win any.  Most worrying though is that we conceded 16 goals in those 8 games and scored just 4. 

After an initial positive start to this season where we conceded the first goal in two of our first three games and went on to win both of them, scoring 9 goals in the process, we now appear to be reverting to the pattern we experienced last season, i.e., conceding first and not scoring.

Lack of confidence?  Lack of a plan B?  Something has to change otherwise we are in trouble.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

True.But we all need to be realistic.

If we didn’t have BR,Who would we get that could attract that next level player to the club??

The club has come on leaps and bounds on and off the field.

we are going in the right direction.

Trust me, for a reported wage of 8 million quid yearly, we could.

Meanwhile, top quality players like Castagne and Tielemans (even Ricardo and Soyuncu) did not come to City specifically to play for Brendan, so one would imagine that we would continue to attract the appropriate quality so long as we are willing/able to pay for it.

5 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's what I meant with my comment lol

Leicester are in a good place and doing well overall so I don't get people discussing the manager getting the sack, smacks of entitledness.

Personally, I think that we are doing just fine and should not pull the panic button of firing the manager. But obviously if the results on the field fail to keep apace with the apparent ambitions of ownership (who have invested 100m in a world-class training facility and 8m per on the manager's wages), then folks would be "entitled" to call for Brendan's head. Football is a results business. 

Edited by NaijaFox

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There was plenty of great substitutions from him in 2019 but I'm sure they have long been forgotten. Gray and Iheanacho mainly, both won us a number of points last season. 

Is that the same season we threw away a near impossible to catch lead and ended up in a European Cup played by part time players from teams we've never heard of?

I can't see Rodgers winning anything here. Uninspiring, lack luster performances which he then defends with the same scripted post match interviews.

Think he found his level in Scottish football.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bar the game yesterday what other subs did he get wrong in the first 4 league games? 

You make substitutions and you win, they're "inspired".

You make substitutions and you lose, they're "baffling".

21 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

That result is not on Rodgers. It’s just one of those things, I don’t think anyone’s to blame. Although we weren’t brilliant tonight, it’s to be expected when half your side is missing. I wouldn’t underestimate the momentum factor also, with our poor result in the previous game vs Villa’s result. 

Yes it is one of those things but it's been happening all 2020. Something isn't right. 

The only thing I can think of is that we've peaked and hopefully we'll settle as an upper mid table club at least.

Aside from the Rodgers in/out debate (I'm very much Rodgers in) I think we badly need a set piece coach:

666854534_Screenshot_20201019-212531_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a0ebf1501f9403683a991b17eaf2e508.jpg

I think we're behind the curve on this one and we are absolutely dreadful from set pieces, to the point where it's become an opposition tactic (see West Ham at home) to concede set pieces against us as it's an easy turnover for them.

Really think we need an expert in this area. Whoever does it currently is doing an awful job quite frankly. Get someone in who knows what they're doing and I think we'll be a massive threat.

I'm very much pro BR but I think he is too dead-set on tiki-taka and us scoring aesthetically pleasing goals. Stab-in's from a striker a yard out after a knock down from a CB are worth just as many goals! A lot of prem sides aren't great at defending set pieces either. We get so many opportunities and it's absolutely criminal how many we waste.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Trust me, for a reported wage of 8 million quid yearly, we could.

Meanwhile, top quality players like Castagne and Tielemans (even Ricardo and Soyuncu) did not come to City specifically to play for Brendan, so one would imagine that we would continue to attract the appropriate quality so long as we are willing/able to pay for it.

Personally, I think that we are doing just fine and should not pull the panic button of firing the manager. But obviously if the results on the field fail to keep apace with the apparent ambitions of ownership (who have invested 100m in a world-class training facility and 8m per on the manager's wages), then folks would be "entitled" to call for Brendan's head. Football is a results business. 

Fully agree so let's talk about that sort of stuff should the time come, hopefully it doesn't. This thread is chalk full of people talking about him being sacked, walking, etc which is just plain mad at this stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just find it a bit odd. What really instigated that comment from me was that the first 3 games this season were 'lucky'. Rodgers has no chance if that's the opinion of some.

Lucky was harsh and probably more tongue in cheek than anything but the last two results have reminded me why we only won 3 of our last 18 games last season. I'm genuinely concerned we could end up in a relegation scrap

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Again... (sigh)

26 points from 22 fixtures in 2020 IS NOT a couple of games....

Here’s the rub, for me. Is he being given time and patience by people like yourself (overlooking the win/loss ratio) simply because he’s Brendan Rogers?

If so, look more closely and then decide 

I think when he has his full compliment of players then we are a very good, attacking side.  With 4 or 5 more additions which suit the system I think we could take that next step.  What is glaringly obvious is that when injuries occur, the players deputising are not at the required level.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...If I remember, the formation was the same but the execution was different!!!

In one we played to counter and the other tried to make a disjointed system work.

I think we tried to play exactly the same against very different sides - it worked against one and not against the other.

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Again... (sigh)

26 points from 22 fixtures in 2020 IS NOT a couple of games....

Here’s the rub, for me. Is he being given time and patience by people like yourself (overlooking the win/loss ratio) simply because he’s Brendan Rogers?

If so, look more closely and then decide 

No. 

I'm not blind to the 26 from 22 stat (and not only because it gets trotted out far too regularly on here). Literally no-one was saying as such when we hit 9 pts from 3 games and smashed Man City for 5 goals in their own back yard. Didn't see you post much then either to be honest. Could be wrong. Hold my hands up if I am on that point. 

I don't even know what the question means to be honest - is he being given time because he's Brendan Rodgers? What does that even mean? 

I'd like to think most/all fans would give our manager some decent time and support and not change their mind like the wind when things are good or bad. Literally every manager in the world would struggle and find it difficult with the injuries we've suffered. I'm by no means saying he's perfect or world class or best manager around etc. He's far from it but I'll at least afford him the time to see how he does for the rest of the season. Under pressure, lacking in quality and we'll see how he does with what he can work with. 

What exactly is the alternative? If, and it's a big impossible if, he was sacked today or after the next few games, what exactly does the new manager have to work with? What chance would he get given with so many players out? It'll just be the same old shite spouted on here that the manager isn't good enough and totally disregarding the obstacles in the way. 

Who would you get in that could work the miracle of succeeding more than Rodgers with this squad? Name some names! Realistic ones!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

I think when he has his full compliment of players then we are a very good, attacking side.  With 4 or 5 more additions which suit the system I think we could take that next step.  What is glaringly obvious is that when injuries occur, the players deputising are not at the required level.

...another  4 or 5 in addition to our roster and I would expect us to be challenging for the title!!!

We have upped the quality of the squad, notably the first eleven, injuries have compromised us at the moment but there is no point kidding ourselves that, bringing in more and more quality is going to resolve our problem, which is endemic, due to the managers inability to apply the correct strategy and overcoming what appears to be the phenomena of the a team sitting back and willing to counter....!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

No. 

I'm not blind to the 26 from 22 stat (and not only because it gets trotted out far too regularly on here). Literally no-one was saying as such when we hit 9 pts from 3 games and smashed Man City for 5 goals in their own back yard. Didn't see you post much then either to be honest. Could be wrong. Hold my hands up if I am on that point. 

I don't even know what the question means to be honest - is he being given time because he's Brendan Rodgers? What does that even mean? 

I'd like to think most/all fans would give our manager some decent time and support and not change their mind like the wind when things are good or bad. Literally every manager in the world would struggle and find it difficult with the injuries we've suffered. I'm by no means saying he's perfect or world class or best manager around etc. He's far from it but I'll at least afford him the time to see how he does for the rest of the season. Under pressure, lacking in quality and we'll see how he does with what he can work with. 

What exactly is the alternative? If, and it's a big impossible if, he was sacked today or after the next few games, what exactly does the new manager have to work with? What chance would he get given with so many players out? It'll just be the same old shite spouted on here that the manager isn't good enough and totally disregarding the obstacles in the way. 

Who would you get in that could work the miracle of succeeding more than Rodgers with this squad? Name some names! Realistic ones!

It's true that any manager would be seriously stuffed with our injury list. I'd also agree that it seems way too soon to call for the manager's head. We're in the midst of one of the craziest seasons in living memory, everyone is having their ups and downs. Some were too hasty to declare hard times over when we'd beaten Man City, and maybe some are rushing to conclusions this time too.

That said, Rodgers is going to be without Soyuncu and Ndidi for three months, Pereira for one. Vardy is 33 with long-standing calf problems.  These problems aren't going to go away soon, and we've got a whole lot of European football coming up, which means that he's going to have to pick up results - better results - in spite of these constraints. At the moment we lack cohesion and seem devoid of any serious attacking threat, and that'll have to be fixed, which seems unlikely when you see the ineffectiveness of the Barnes-Iheanacho-Perez front three, and their failure to hit it off with the players behind them. But if it isn't fixed, people won't wait until the injury list eases (if it ever eases) before they pass judgement.

If you add to that our dire form before the injury crisis kicked in, and if you begin to wonder whether our coaching regime might have something to do with the spectacular upturn in injuries since Rodgers' arrival, then you can see why people might have their doubts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Is that the same season we threw away a near impossible to catch lead and ended up in a European Cup played by part time players from teams we've never heard of?

I can't see Rodgers winning anything here. Uninspiring, lack luster performances which he then defends with the same scripted post match interviews.

Think he found his level in Scottish football.

Can't work out whether some of our fans were born out their Dad's arseholes or the title win means we'll never be able to enjoy supporting Leicester again. Mesmerising.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

I think he'd be afforded a lot more leeway if we weren't so abysmal on our off days. I feel like we have few facets to this team. In-fact our five goals for tallies sum us up - 3, 4, 5, 0, 0. We're a fairweather team. Deadly when it's all set up for us. Useless in the face of adversity. The latter is a real problem.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't work out whether some of our fans were born out their Dad's arseholes or the title win means we'll never be able to enjoy supporting Leicester again. Mesmerising.

So you think playing for a draw at home, against a team that narrowly avoided relegation only a matter of weeks ago, is acceptable? Even more so to then come away with no points with everyone but the manager being able to see that it was only a matter of time until we conceeded?

Maybe your just used to low expectations,  could be something passed down from your parents after they gave birth to you.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

No. 

Cmon Stan it’s obvious what it means.

Is Brenda given more time and patience, and his managerial shortcomings overlooked because he comes with a big(ish) reputation and, of course, an amazing start to his LCFC managerial tenure. 

I’d imagine if, let’s say, Sean Dyche had presided over City during 2020, just about the whole of FT would be calling for his head if he’d secured the same amount of points for us as Rodgers has done?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

So you think playing for a draw at home, against a team that narrowly avoided relegation only a matter of weeks ago, is acceptable? Even more so to then come away with no points with everyone but the manager being able to see that it was only a matter of time until we conceeded?

Maybe your just used to low expectations,  could be something passed down from your parents after they gave birth to you.

Way to reframe the past that to fit your rhetoric. Let’s use our most contemporary example of Villa prior to playing them, they beat the runaway champions of last year at a canter, maybe Liverpool are not as formidable as last season but that is an impressive achievement.

I suggest in turn that your expectations are too high, unreasonable, especially against the backdrop of the current injury situation.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he'd be afforded a lot more leeway if we weren't so abysmal on our off days. I feel like we have few facets to this team. In-fact our five goals for tallies sum us up - 3, 4, 5, 0, 0. We're a fairweather team. Deadly when it's all set up for us. Useless in the face of adversity. The latter is a real problem.

Last season only 5 sides won fewer games by 1 goal than we did. 3 of them got relegated.

We’ve not won by a single goal in 2020 yet.