Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

True.But we all need to be realistic.

If we didn’t have BR,Who would we get that could attract that next level player to the club??

The club has come on leaps and bounds on and off the field.

we are going in the right direction.

That's what I meant with my comment lol

Leicester are in a good place and doing well overall so I don't get people discussing the manager getting the sack, smacks of entitledness.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's what I meant with my comment lol

Leicester are in a good place and doing well overall so I don't get people discussing the manager getting the sack, smacks of entitledness.

Entitlement? But yes that’s exactly what it is.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing about this team is that when we are on fire, we look shit hot and when we are not we look really bad. We don’t have a medium. It’s the old football saying, if you don’t play well, make sure you don’t get beat. It feels like more often then not, if we don’t play well, we get beat. 

With Rodgers, we’ve had a good amount of good performances for him to be here but we need to learn how to dig in and get a draw when it’s not going well. Regardless of who our manager is, we are going to have mediocre performances. It’s just that we play poorly and make individual errors to add to that. Take the last two games, individual errors that lead to our downfall. Take the games before then post lockdown, same problems. Everton, Bournemouth and United were all games which should’ve gone nowhere and we should’ve at least got a point but we concede from an error and that’s it, we give in. That to me is as much about the players as it is the manager. I wouldn’t class one of our players as an on the pitch leader.

We are totally a confidence team, to the point where I'd say (and some statto will correct me) 9 times out of 10 when we score first we win and 9 times out of 10 if we concede first not only do we lose, but we lose without scoring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Our treatment room looks like The Somme and people are blaming the management.

Sheesh.

vimy-ridge-trenches.jpg

Looks quite pleasant. They've even taken consideration to sink the woodland walks down so you don't get the wind messing your hair up.

I hear the children's maze is nice too.

Not sure how this reflects on our treatment room, which I'm sure is medically sterilised, brightly lit and smells of TCP.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

vimy-ridge-trenches.jpg

Looks quite pleasant. They've even taken consideration to sink the woodland walks down so you don't get the wind messing your hair up.

I hear the children's maze is nice too.

Not sure how this reflects on our treatment room, which I'm sure is medically sterilised, brightly lit and smells of TCP.

I love it when a metaphor is spitefully dismantled. 

For me this season is a total cluster**** where there's so many factors, upheaval is probably the worst thing you can do. 

Ultimately can't blame transfer incomings (or a lack of) on him in this period but can scratch your head at the eagerness to dismiss players out on loan when a larger squad is badly needed. 

Tactically there's silly subs will hurt his credit in the bank. 

Season is going to be forever dips up and down in form. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not saying I'm right at all, we just share a different opinion. Like I said, I'd be worried if we hadn't won yet but we've got 9 points. Our opinion obviously does differ so I'll leave it there but there's no point in saying "the last 25 games" because that was last season. You can use as many games as you want to backup your opinion, why not add another 25 games and make it 50? Why not say that out of the 64 games he's managed us, he's only lost 17. It's a shit stat but, as always, stats are relevant and can be thrown in any direction to back something up.

I don't disagree with you about style of play and Rodgers setting us up. I even question his subs massively. But, for me, last seasons form has changed. We were in good form going into the West Ham game.

Absolutely appreciate that we have different views on it. 

Like I said, I just think it's relevant given that nothing has changed. We cant play the same formation and style under the same manager with pretty much the same squad and expect massively different results. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely appreciate that we have different views on it. 

Like I said, I just think it's relevant given that nothing has changed. We cant play the same formation and style under the same manager with pretty much the same squad and expect massively different results. 

Like we did against Man City and West Ham you mean??

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, good points. You look at it and first glance you think, is the manager prepping them properly. However, it’s in game management. Take Watford, Bournemouth, United and even yesterday - individual errors (the Bournemouth one was by our most senior player but what followed after was frightening). We lack a captain. Someone just to talk on the pitch. I mean, yesterday, Hamza had a brain fart but was someone talking to him to say, Hamza, your man. Against United, same thing. Against Bournemouth, after we let in the pen where was the voice on the pitch to tell the players to calm down. 

Evans is a great defender but is he a captain ?Probably not but that isn’t a criticism. Kasper is loud but can that influence and is he close enough to the players to play a pivotal role. A manager is dependant on his leaders as much as his preparation and team talks. That doesn’t go away if Rodgers goes. Difficult position because on talent, it’s difficult to bring in someone to fulfil that role and the question is, can you bring in someone who is: a) a leader; and b) a top player - surely they’d be at the traditional top 6.

We have been lucky at this club in the past with leaders. All who do it in different ways.Not always the best players but good players who lead. Walsh, Mills, Grayson, Elliott, Lennon, Oakley, Clemence, Wes and even add Cambiasso to that list. We just need to find that leader by example again.

Vardy is a leader I would say.

39 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Vardy is a leader I would say.

I’d say influential in the dressing room but does he fulfil the role of the “manager on the pitch”. Would Vards pick up on the team missing a pass or a player not sticking to his man etc etc. I am one of those that likes the captain to either be at CB or CM. I think they see the full game better. I also think they can influence the game more when you’re under pressure then a striker. That’s not always the case, Shearer, Stoichkov, Hagi were all great captain/leaders but were attacking minded players. I just think we’ve lacked that calming presence since Wes got older and more so since Huth got injured/retired. 

I don't think Rodgers is a bad manager, he's done on the whole a good job, we've played some sparkling football in his tenure, but these limp performances are all too frequent for me. The injury list (if true, the same horrible, costly injury to three separate players), the loans out, players playing on whilst injured, the comfortable nature of it all shouldn't be happening, or at least should be questioned.

Maybe the extreme opinions and changes of opinion occur because it matches our displays?

3 hours ago, nnfox said:

We are totally a confidence team, to the point where I'd say (and some statto will correct me) 9 times out of 10 when we score first we win and 9 times out of 10 if we concede first not only do we lose, but we lose without scoring.

We went behind against both Burnley and Man City  not much wrong with confidence if you  go behind against Man C  and   hammer them. I  wonder if back to the old days  beat the so called big ones and lose to the alleged dross. Couldnt believe  believe Villa were 3-1  to  win

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It worries me that no matter how many games we win or how many winning streaks we will go on, it will hold no weight for Rodgers because the moment we go on to lose a couple in a row will just bring out the doom-mongers and say he should be sacked.

Being a football manager is a poisoned chalice at the best of times. 

I'm sure a hundred odd grand a week takes the sting out of it lol

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It worries me that no matter how many games we win or how many winning streaks we will go on, it will hold no weight for Rodgers because the moment we go on to lose a couple in a row will just bring out the doom-mongers and say he should be sacked.

Being a football manager is a poisoned chalice at the best of times. 

He isn't overly popular is he? Astonishes me really, Puel deserved a lot of the stick in the end but even when we were electrifying in 2019 under Rodgers there wasn't the over the top adulation I'd have expected. Bizarre.

• Like 2

My worry is that 90% of a forum can see issues and suggest better substitutions before the actual manager.

If we were proven wrong week in week out then fair enough but it seems more often than not, the worries and concerns voiced on the forum prove to materialise.

Some of Rodgers tactics and substitution choices are nothing short of ludicrous. Its like he's never heard of most of our squad and doesn't even seem to know players strengths and weaknesses.

Take the Villa game.....nearly everyone knew we needed to attack the game for the 3 points? Playing Slimani up front on his own when every one on the forum knows Slimani's biggest weakness is his pace?

A lot of his decisions and the lack of knowledge regarding our squad is scary.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

My worry is that 90% of a forum can see issues and suggest better substitutions before the actual manager.

If we were proven wrong week in week out then fair enough but it seems more often than not, the worries and concerns voiced on the forum prove to materialise.

Some of Rodgers tactics and substitution choices are nothing short of ludicrous. Its like he's never heard of most of our squad and doesn't even seem to know players strengths and weaknesses.

Take the Villa game.....nearly everyone knew we needed to attack the game for the 3 points? Playing Slimani up front on his own when every one on the forum knows Slimani's biggest weakness is his pace?

A lot of his decisions and the lack of knowledge regarding our squad is scary.

Bar the game yesterday what other subs did he get wrong in the first 4 league games? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He isn't overly popular is he? Astonishes me really, Puel deserved a lot of the stick in the end but even when we were electrifying in 2019 under Rodgers there wasn't the over the top adulation I'd have expected. Bizarre.

Just find it a bit odd. What really instigated that comment from me was that the first 3 games this season were 'lucky'. Rodgers has no chance if that's the opinion of some.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Has anyone looked back and analysed how his subs have won / lost us games? 

There was plenty of great substitutions from him in 2019 but I'm sure they have long been forgotten. Gray and Iheanacho mainly, both won us a number of points last season.