Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Cmon Stan it’s obvious what it means.

Is Brenda given more time and patience, and his managerial shortcomings overlooked because he comes with a big(ish) reputation and, of course, an amazing start to his LCFC managerial tenure. 

I’d imagine if, let’s say, Sean Dyche had presided over City during 2020, just about the whole of FT would be calling for his head if he’d secured the same amount of points for us as Rodgers has done?

So has he earnt that time and patience to be given to him then? 

He has the persona at times of a second hand car dealer having just sold you a performance car you know seems to good to be true.

At times you buy in and it is the best thing since sliced bread. However at times you find yourself broken down with your hazards on and you want to give him a slap!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I would imagine he gets time and patience because a) we finished 5th b) we're currently 4th c) we've had loads of injuries d) Coronavirus has shafted most normal preparation and probably some of our transfer plans. 

I'll state that I'm not trying to make excuses, I've been fairly critical of him. But that's has to also be weighed with the above, and well... you asked why. 

At this moment in time, I don't know why anyone wouldn't give him time and patience. If the form back end of last season comes back and we start slipping down the league then patience will start to wear thin. 

Agreed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No I don't think its acceptable, but neither do I think its fair to hammer teams like Man City 5-2 on their own patch or put 9 past Southampton. I was very alarmed by last seasons slump, furious and found it difficult to take any joy out of our 2nd highest PL finish but after a period of reflection and a good opening 3 games this season if as fans of our club we cannot find any positives over what Rodgers has done here then we are fcuked as a fan base. We will never experience happiness again and that the crux of it.

We are a huge work in progress, crippled with key injuries and not recruited as aggressively under the new regime as usually happens. I expect us to improve, if we don't in the next year then I'll have more concerns but the way some of you are going on this squad ought to always be top 6 and our manager is a clown. 

Just read you post in the prematch thread for Thursday where you can't glean any motivation for the Europa League campaign which backs up my point that as a fanbase we are in danger of being beyond repair, only trophies and Champions League are good enough for us now which is astonishing. You are likely in for a very unpleasant remainder of your days as a fan of our erratic club. Lighten up pal.

Entitlement has and will continue to kill us. Some fans just have the wildest expectations and then forever anything we do will just not be good enough. It's good to have ambition of course don't get me wrong but some fans go way beyond that in to the realms of unrealistic hopes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he'd be afforded a lot more leeway if we weren't so abysmal on our off days. I feel like we have few facets to this team. In-fact our five goals for tallies sum us up - 3, 4, 5, 0, 0. We're a fairweather team. Deadly when it's all set up for us. Useless in the face of adversity. The latter is a real problem.

Those two sentences at the end sum it up perfectly. 
Great post.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Entitlement has and will continue to kill us. Some fans just have the wildest expectations and then forever anything we do will just not be good enough. It's good to have ambition of course don't get me wrong but some fans go way beyond that in to the realms of unrealistic hopes. 

Where is your aMbIsHuN!

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Have you got any examples of these wildest expectations? A poster saying we should be top of the table perhaps? Or someone saying we should be winning the league again?

All I can see is people being pissed off at losing to both Villa and West Ham at home and taking 26 points from 22 games. The last 2 results would have been disappointing even in 14/15, so why is it entitlement and unrealistic to be disappointed now lol

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

No I don't think its acceptable, but neither do I think its fair to hammer teams like Man City 5-2 on their own patch or put 9 past Southampton. I was very alarmed by last seasons slump, furious and found it difficult to take any joy out of our 2nd highest PL finish but after a period of reflection and a good opening 3 games this season if as fans of our club we cannot find any positives over what Rodgers has done here then we are fcuked as a fan base. We will never experience happiness again and that the crux of it.

We are a huge work in progress, crippled with key injuries and not recruited as aggressively under the new regime as usually happens. I expect us to improve, if we don't in the next year then I'll have more concerns but the way some of you are going on this squad ought to always be top 6 and our manager is a clown. 

Just read you post in the prematch thread for Thursday where you can't glean any motivation for the Europa League campaign which backs up my point that as a fanbase we are in danger of being beyond repair, only trophies and Champions League are good enough for us now which is astonishing. You are likely in for a very unpleasant remainder of your days as a fan of our erratic club. Lighten up pal.

To be fair, I'd love to reply with an angry insulting paragraph but you know, I think you are right and make good points.

Maybe I just need to reflect more and be more realistic.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, PaulW said:

"Rodgers has a better starting 11 than at least 12 teams in this league".......we're above 16 of them!

Possibly because the first two teams we played were suffering from even more injuries or were merely shiter than we were. We weren't great by any stretch of the imagination. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think he'd be afforded a lot more leeway if we weren't so abysmal on our off days. I feel like we have few facets to this team. In-fact our five goals for tallies sum us up - 3, 4, 5, 0, 0. We're a fairweather team. Deadly when it's all set up for us. Useless in the face of adversity. The latter is a real problem.

I honestly believe that we are actually quite an easy team to play against.  Closely mark Vardy and stop the supply to Vardy and we have very few other workable ideas.  There is a real reluctance to change the system, particularly mid game.

When I looked back at the last 20 games of last season, in 10 games we scored first and in those games we scored 19 goals in all.  The real shocker was that in 8 games where the opposition scored first we only scored a total of 4 goals, and two of those were in the same game.

We have a shaky defence and a lack of options up front in the current system and disciplined premier league teams have that sussed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Possibly because the first two teams we played were suffering from even more injuries or were merely shiter than we were. We weren't great by any stretch of the imagination. 

In that case we weren't that bad vs West Ham and Villa then.

I think the problem is it's still the same issues the last 3 managers have had. We'll look world class against a side who comes out and plays against us, and dogshit against ones that sit back.

I'm not entirely sure how BR solves that problem without switching from his principles. Simple fact is if we had Nuno/Wilder/Dyche here, we'd switch to 3-5-2 with a big man up front with vardy and we'd occasionally go direct to beat the deep block.

I think we just have to accept for now that we'll look class at time and clueless at others, but probably still finish top 6... which we can't really grumble at can we?!?

What will help is finally winning a cup, or going deep in the Europa.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I think the problem is it's still the same issues the last 3 managers have had. We'll look world class against a side who comes out and plays against us, and dogshit against ones that sit back.

I'm not entirely sure how BR solves that problem without switching from his principles. Simple fact is if we had Nuno/Wilder/Dyche here, we'd switch to 3-5-2 with a big man up front with vardy and we'd occasionally go direct to beat the deep block.

I think we just have to accept for now that we'll look class at time and clueless at others, but probably still finish top 6... which we can't really grumble at can we?!?

What will help is finally winning a cup, or going deep in the Europa.

Very, very optimistic.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Very, very optimistic.

This season is a complete mess already isn't it. Lets be honest. Anyone could finish anywhere in the top 10! 

I'd honestly not be shocked if Liverpool had a complete brain fart of a season and ended up out of Europe in the league placings. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I would imagine he gets time and patience because a) we finished 5th b) we're currently 4th c) we've had loads of injuries d) Coronavirus has shafted most normal preparation and probably some of our transfer plans. 

I'll state that I'm not trying to make excuses, I've been fairly critical of him. But that's has to also be weighed with the above, and well... you asked why. 

At this moment in time, I don't know why anyone wouldn't give him time and patience. If the form back end of last season comes back and we start slipping down the league then patience will start to wear thin. 

Agreed

Good post 

7 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Considering he led the team to its second highest finish in my 50+ years of supporting the club of course he has

While I agree Rodgers needs some time and patience, we should not keep looking back to what happened last season and say he's untouchable. That logic would've got us relegated in 2016-17, and far too many of our own fans were apparently happy to watch Ranieri piss the previous 10 years of progress up the wall and straight back into the Championship.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

While I agree Rodgers needs some time and patience, we should not keep looking back to what happened last season and say he's untouchable. That logic would've got us relegated in 2016-17, and far too many of our own fans were apparently happy to watch Ranieri piss the previous 10 years of progress up the wall and straight back into the Championship.

I'm nowhere near saying he's untouchable by the way. I admit he has his faults and some criticisms of him and his decisions are warranted. 

What grates on me is that when things go well, those who don't like him (and never will?) can't afford him some respect or give him some credit, hence the 'lucky' comment about the first 3 games this season which annoyed me. When things are bad you know they just leap quicker than a referee can complete the full time whistle at the end of a game. 

• Like 1

He'll be our manager until a CL team wants to take a punt on him.

We don't have the funds to get rid. 

Interesting how people are calling for patience with him. In the last 19 games (Half a PL Season) We've picked up 6 wins. I think that's pretty poor. If we carry on with that form I think it'd be justified calling for his head.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm nowhere near saying he's untouchable by the way. I admit he has his faults and some criticisms of him and his decisions are warranted. 

What grates on me is that when things go well, those who don't like him (and never will?) can't afford him some respect or give him some credit, hence the 'lucky' comment about the first 3 games this season which annoyed me. When things are bad you know they just leap quicker than a referee can complete the full time whistle at the end of a game. 

Like with Puel, you have a section of support that are too bothered about the result on 90 minutes than the performance, and with a primarily young group of players that is not the most important thing in our long-term development.

For instance, I'm convinced if Maddison scores the penalty against Cardiff after we'd beat Chelsea and Man City, Puel would have at least lasted until the end of 2018-19. Likewise if Vardy scores the pen at Spurs we probably get a good point and we played really well there too. It's the same with Rodgers - we weren't bad against Villa and actually I felt we had more control over our game than the Man City and Burnley games for instance. A poor individual mistake and you lose the game when I think we'd have all been satisfied with a point against a side bang in-form.

I just don't know who's out there that's better than Rodgers. It is clear that we have a forward-thinking manager who can play pressing and possession football, who has good man management skills to keep a group of different personalities happy. He's decent with the media, he gives the club a good image. He's been shafted by injuries as others have mentioned.

Anyone better coming in to replace him is not only going to demand even more than Rodgers is on, but demand big money to spend to. I don't believe KPI would be willing to do that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hes got Open end for me,because of Footballs/worlds situation & our injury crisis. So long hes above Top 12...

• Like 1