Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John12345

Rodgers

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...seems crazy not to have taken him on, especially the lack of success attributed to Lennon working in the Championship!!!

It kind of smacks of the devil you know it seems!!!

it is crazy although not surprising. Lawell likes yes men so he can meddle in the football operation himself, Rose, like Rodgers before him wouldn't have been that, hence we ended up with Lennon.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree 100% but we need to look in to whether these injuries we keep getting is purely bad luck or is there something in what we are doing? We were so good at preventing injuries before for years and I hope this isn't just shrugged off as bad fortune if its not just that.

The next 12 months has got to be about developing the attacking and creative options in this squad, we have not really changed that dimension much under Rodgers nd its the obvious area that needs a bit of work. 

Reading some of this thread though is quite scary. I do wonder whether we will ever satisfy a proportion of our fan base again, seems impossible. 

The modern day football fan is entitled in the extreme I'm afraid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's were our opinion differs, you seem to think last seasons form doesn't matter and if we had went out and signed 5/6 players and started playing a completely different style, I would agree but as it is.....

We have the same squad give or take than the one who bottles CL places and we play in the EXACT same way we have since xmas day but yeah, your right..... Its not relevant at all. 

Jesus wept lad, sort yourself out will you? You’re embarrassing yourself.

• Like 1

There's not a lot wrong with the squad except that we have too many players that are similar.

There's a lack of pace and a physical presence and no bite in our Team.

Teams must love playing us as they know they can leave us with the Ball and we'll F... up plus they know they are not going to get kicked. That's a huge advantage going into games.

Until we address this area results are going to continue to be up and down.

• Like 1

The thing about this team is that when we are on fire, we look shit hot and when we are not we look really bad. We don’t have a medium. It’s the old football saying, if you don’t play well, make sure you don’t get beat. It feels like more often then not, if we don’t play well, we get beat. 

With Rodgers, we’ve had a good amount of good performances for him to be here but we need to learn how to dig in and get a draw when it’s not going well. Regardless of who our manager is, we are going to have mediocre performances. It’s just that we play poorly and make individual errors to add to that. Take the last two games, individual errors that lead to our downfall. Take the games before then post lockdown, same problems. Everton, Bournemouth and United were all games which should’ve gone nowhere and we should’ve at least got a point but we concede from an error and that’s it, we give in. That to me is as much about the players as it is the manager. I wouldn’t class one of our players as an on the pitch leader.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Jesus wept lad, sort yourself out will you? You’re embarrassing yourself.

Yeah, you are right. 

We wont drastically change our squad, we wont change the way we play, we wont change our tactics and everything will get better. Makes perfect sense. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Don't be silly we're missing half our starting xi. Take Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Shinji and Huth out the title team, still think they'll beat the current line up? Of course not.

...if they instigated a low block and played to their strengths (counter attacked) they would!!!

You need to understand, a Low Block is Kryptonite to us.

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'd say ok. 4 big games coming up.

I think we wont see the best of this side till Jan and I think we may see 1 or 2 additions in jan as a result. 

...we can't afford it, would not make sense to be buying in January and not complete the deals in the close season!!!

There is realistically a premium to be paid in January and our finance does not stretch to paying millions over the odds.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

To be fair take 5 first team players it of any team in this league - including Man City and Liverpool and they struggle.

Imagine even last season when they were all conquering of Liverpool

lost TAA, VVD, Fabinho, Henderson and Mane. It’s a completely different side.

We can talk all you like about squad depth, but when you take 5 first XI players out there is not a lot you can do. World class ready made replacements simply don’t come to Leicester to sit on the bench or be squad players.

Its this  idea & thought,is   what keeps me sane.

But...Even with Early International Games in their legs....A Team with, Praet,Evans,Tielemans,Barnes,Castagne, adding more than proven decent players like

Justin,Mendy , Nacho & Perez,One can still expect with those 9 players,one of them to give a Team MoM Performance instead of the debutant..Fofana...

2-3 of those players should Pull the Team along with them....

We cant be seen as the team that had all the right tools,but still had to rfght a relegation battle.....!! Because thats on the cards.

Edited by fuchsntf

I’ll ask again

Given this squad and let’s have it right, we’ve spent a few quid, are you content with having a great team managed by someone who has amassed 26 points in 22 Premier League games? (Since Jan 1st 2020)

If you are, then so be it

If you think that’s actually a really poor record, then questions need asking

Put the injuries aside... all clubs have injured players and managers have to manage these situations.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ll ask again

Given this squad and let’s have it right, we’ve spent a few quid, are you content with having a great team managed by someone who has amassed 26 points in 22 Premier League games? (Since Jan 1st 2020)

Put the injuries aside... all clubs have injured players and managers have to manage these situations.

I think some of those questions need to be directed to whoever sanctioned giving Rodgers a new deal whilst results were good, but ultimately he’d achieved naff all. Given what’s happened since then it looks even more ridiculous now as well, I don’t understand what the logic was behind it unless he was seriously going to open up talks with Arsenal. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's were our opinion differs, you seem to think last seasons form doesn't matter and if we had went out and signed 5/6 players and started playing a completely different style, I would agree but as it is.....

We have the same squad give or take than the one who bottles CL places and we play in the EXACT same way we have since xmas day but yeah, your right..... Its not relevant at all. 

I'm not saying I'm right at all, we just share a different opinion. Like I said, I'd be worried if we hadn't won yet but we've got 9 points. Our opinion obviously does differ so I'll leave it there but there's no point in saying "the last 25 games" because that was last season. You can use as many games as you want to backup your opinion, why not add another 25 games and make it 50? Why not say that out of the 64 games he's managed us, he's only lost 17. It's a shit stat but, as always, stats are relevant and can be thrown in any direction to back something up.

I don't disagree with you about style of play and Rodgers setting us up. I even question his subs massively. But, for me, last seasons form has changed. We were in good form going into the West Ham game.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The modern day football fan is entitled in the extreme I'm afraid.

True.But we all need to be realistic.

If we didn’t have BR,Who would we get that could attract that next level player to the club??

The club has come on leaps and bounds on and off the field.

we are going in the right direction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ll ask again

That 'great team' has amassed 26 points from 22 games. You can't use that record to beat Brendan with alone, completely absolving the 'great team'. And just dismissing the injuries is plainly ridiculous, how many managers have to deal with a significant portion of their best players being unavailable all at the same time or in quick succession of each other.