Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So why has Kasper always been fine before? We’ve won the fookin league with him in goal! 
As for Dan.. he’s third choice at the moment it seems. No idea where you get 5th choice from 

Dan was here when we won the league😂

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s still a top gk and as I said, Gordon Banks would have struggled playing behind this defence 

Wonderful saves from ‘over the hill’ Kasper.. but where were the CB’s?!

This forum…. 😂

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Wonderful saves from ‘over the hill’ Kasper.. but where were the CB’s?!

This forum…. 😂

Have you not read the 100s of times where the majority of fans agree he is a good shot stopper. Unfortunately being a keeper involves an all round game.

before you get too excited let’s see if he can deal with the corners, his ratio is about just under 1-2 games so fingers crossed.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Have you not read the 100s of times where the majority of fans agree he is a good shot stopper. Unfortunately being a keeper involves an all round game.

before you get too excited let’s see if he can deal with the corners, his ratio is about just under 1-2 games so fingers crossed.

Watch the fookin game. Just look how open we are defensively…

FFs

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

No one has said we aren't? Just pointing out you're using an aspect of Kaspers game that people don't moan about to support your argument.

Schmeichel ain’t the problem.. is the point I’m making. As we are seeing tonight. Get him a better defence playing in front of him, we’d be top 6 or 7

Anyway, there’s no point in trying to explain

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

Schmeichel ain’t the problem.. is the point I’m making. As we are seeing tonight. Get him a better defence playing in front of him, we’d be too 6 or 7

Anyway, there’s no point in trying to explain

Would a better defender cope with some of his awful passes better? I understand the point you're trying to make, but you don't seem to acknowledge that on set pieces and playing out from the back, Kasper is also part of the problem along with the defence in front of him. His shot stopping has never been in doubt really.

35 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Would a better defender cope with some of his awful passes better? I understand the point you're trying to make, but you don't seem to acknowledge that on set pieces and playing out from the back, Kasper is also part of the problem along with the defence in front of him. His shot stopping has never been in doubt really.

Mate I’ll make this my last reply to you because you seem a bit ‘stalky’ and you ain’t listening anyway..

Who has EVER known Schmeichel as a tall, come and get the ball, type keeper at corners?

Thats not his game and it never has been.

Now… given that, with him in goal we’ve won the league and had two top 5 finishes in the previous two seasons.

Why? Partly because we’ve been better at defending corners. Kasper hasn’t been better at defending corners (he never has been… it’s not his game)

Get me?

However, THIS season we’ve conceded tons from corners.. with exactly the same goalie between the sticks

So… you do the math…

Its not difficult..

Over and out 

Actually with Col here, we've got enough problems, I don't think Kasper is one of them. There's signs of him regressing this season for sure, but he's not a priority to improve upon. He's still a very handy goalkeeper at this level and he's at least got a year or two left here 

29 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Mate I’ll make this my last reply to you because you seem a bit ‘stalky’ and you ain’t listening anyway..

Who has EVER known Schmeichel as a tall, come and get the ball, type keeper at corners?

Thats not his game and it never has been.

Now… given that, with him in goal we’ve won the league and had two top 5 finishes in the previous two seasons.

Why? Partly because we’ve been better at defending corners. Kasper hasn’t been better at defending corners (he never has been… it’s not his game)

Get me?

However, THIS season we’ve conceded tons from corners.. with exactly the same goalie between the sticks

So… you do the math…

Its not difficult..

Over and out 

That’s not true is it and thats not an opinion.

15/16 below

So behind the dark arts of Huth and Morgan was a fairly commanding GK

DC6DDE25-E9C4-4E9E-85F4-D134AA573A37.thumb.jpeg.e08aa48d549984aa4ff044aa3a652158.jpeg

Would be interesting to see a detailed analysis of the all the goals corners conceded this season. How many of those were blatant errors from Kasper vs errors from our defenders? Even where there was a blatant error from one of our defenders could Kasper of done better to come off his for the ball?

Here's a quick overview of the goals conceded from corners that I can remember this season - probably missed a few

• Burnley at home - Vardy OG from the near corner of the 6 yard box - Bullet header!
  • Arsenal home and away whipped corner to the near side corner of the 6 yard box - our defenders completely lost track of his man on both. Soumare and Thomas at fault for losing their man - could Kasper of got to any of these?
  • Villa Away - Far post corner - Cags fell asleep at the back post and hardly jumped for the ball not realising Konsa was just behind him
  • Chelsea at home - Rudiger completely unmarked although feel that Kasper could've possibly come out for that. 
  • Man City away x 2 Ndidi & Nacho outjumped with ease for both between the edge of the 6 yard box and pen spot
  • Liverpool away - Ndidi completely loses track of Van Dijk at the edge of the area. Jota left free to score from the rebound.
  • West Ham at Home - Amartey loses Dawson at the edge of the area and fails to compete for the header. Kasper could've come for it but was blocked in
  • Newcastle away - Amartey failed to contest the header despite being under the ball - there's a case that he was fouled by Burns but should've been stronger. Kasper error from the goal mouth scramble
  • Spurs away - Amartey loses Kane around the penalty spot giving Kane the free header
  • Everton Home - Ricardalison has a free header just outside the 6 yard box (Fofana mistimed his jump). Kasper should've done better to get the ball out of the danger area with his save
  • Roma Away. - Kasper should've come for that at the edge of the 6 yard box knowing 5ft 7 Ricardo was up against 6tf 2 Abraham
  • Forest away. Will never watch the highlights back for this game but seem to remember them scoring from a corner with the goalscorer being completely unmarked

Quite a mixed bag there, with some down to Kasper but a hell of a lot down to defenders completely losing track of their man or just simply failing to challenge for the header.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, turlo said:

Would be interesting to see a detailed analysis of the all the goals corners conceded this season. How many of those were blatant errors from Kasper vs errors from our defenders? Even where there was a blatant error from one of our defenders could Kasper of done better to come off his for the ball?

Here's a quick overview of the goals conceded from corners that I can remember this season - probably missed a few

• Burnley at home - Vardy OG from the near corner of the 6 yard box - Bullet header!
  • Arsenal home and away whipped corner to the near side corner of the 6 yard box - our defenders completely lost track of his man on both. Soumare and Thomas at fault for losing their man - could Kasper of got to any of these?
  • Villa Away - Far post corner - Cags fell asleep at the back post and hardly jumped for the ball not realising Konsa was just behind him
  • Chelsea at home - Rudiger completely unmarked although feel that Kasper could've possibly come out for that. 
  • Man City away x 2 Ndidi & Nacho outjumped with ease for both between the edge of the 6 yard box and pen spot
  • Liverpool away - Ndidi completely loses track of Van Dijk at the edge of the area. Jota left free to score from the rebound.
  • West Ham at Home - Amartey loses Dawson at the edge of the area and fails to compete for the header. Kasper could've come for it but was blocked in
  • Newcastle away - Amartey failed to contest the header despite being under the ball - there's a case that he was fouled by Burns but should've been stronger. Kasper error from the goal mouth scramble
  • Spurs away - Amartey loses Kane around the penalty spot giving Kane the free header
  • Everton Home - Ricardalison has a free header just outside the 6 yard box (Fofana mistimed his jump). Kasper should've done better to get the ball out of the danger area with his save
  • Roma Away. - Kasper should've come for that at the edge of the 6 yard box knowing 5ft 7 Ricardo was up against 6tf 2 Abraham
  • Forest away. Will never watch the highlights back for this game but seem to remember them scoring from a corner with the goalscorer being completely unmarked

Quite a mixed bag there, with some down to Kasper but a hell of a lot down to defenders completely losing track of their man or just simply failing to challenge for the header.

👍👍👍

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

So why has Kasper always been fine before? We’ve won the fookin league with him in goal! 
As for Dan.. he’s third choice at the moment it seems. No idea where you get 5th choice from 

And as much as you don’t rate him, 3rd choice rightly so on this seasons showings and of course that includes the poor showings from Soyuncu. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

And as much as you don’t rate him, 3rd choice rightly so on this seasons showings and of course that includes the poor showings from Soyuncu. 

I’m genuinely struggling to remember watching anything as funny this season as when Teemu ‘Usain Bolt’ skipped past Dan like he was Bambi on ice

If that’s our third choice CB, we got issues 

BUT who cares… we won, Kasper was superb again and we move on 

• Haha 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

I’m genuinely struggling to remember watching anything as funny this season as when Teemu ‘Usain Bolt’ skipped past Dan like he was Bambi on ice

Not interested in making this all about you Col, so I'll just add my opinion that he is only 3rd choice because it looks very much as if Cags is on his way.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not interested in making this all about you Col, so I'll just add my opinion that he is only 3rd choice because it looks very much as if Cags is on his way.

Completely agree mate

And I think that’s a shame because Cags can be fine when playing alongside an experienced head. 
However, looks like we’ll get decent dosh for him (of course, because other clubs clearly rate him.. or they wouldn’t be interested)

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Completely agree mate

And I think that’s a shame because Cags can be fine when playing alongside an experienced head. 
However, looks like we’ll get decent dosh for him (of course, because other clubs clearly rate him.. or they wouldn’t be interested)

I'm wondering if he just hasn't ever settled - one reason British players often struggle abroad is language/culture issues, and maybe that's happened to him here. In fact it might be true of Soumare too.

Not trying to make excuses, so much as trying to understand,

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We’ll certainly be making reinforcements at centre half in the summer. 

• Like 1