Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

If Kasper has intimated he is ready for a move I would happily let it happen after this season and take the opportunity to bring in a more commanding GK. There is no doubt he’s been a tremendous, loyal servant to us and is an absolute Leicester legend, but it potentially suits both parties.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

If he didn’t have a list of suitors, I’d say get Pickford in.

I’ve never really been a fan of his. Ever since I saw a post match interview of him repeating multiple times how mentally strong he was, when he was clearly suffering, I’ve had big questions about his mentality. He comes across as very odd.

I also don’t think he’s England’s best keeper, maybe 3rd best behind Pope and Ramsdale? Maybe. There’s better out there for less money. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

When we won the league his high claims were highly rated if not top in the division, I previously posted stats in this thread.

as for height 

Soyuncu same height as Morgan 

Evans taller than both 

Huth is a inch taller than Evans and the same height as Fofana 

Simpson same height as Ricardo

Fuchs same height as Timmy 

Huth and Morgan though had a desire to block/defend the goal with their lives albeit it with quite a lot of blocking off/things that they wouldn’t have got away with if VAR was in play.

Does anyone else remember Claudio’s second season and how the rule changes about blocking/holding shirts in the box lead to a lot of penalties early in the season and that aggression seemed to be sapped out of the entire team.

As for it’s not down to Rodgers tippy tappy midgets it is definitely down to the personalities of our players in comparison - imagine a ball flying in from 30 yards and picture the difference between Morgan/Huth/Fuchs/Kante compared to that of the current crop even Evans rarely “throws his body on the line” so to speak.

Modern day football is constantly evolving but always love a defender who loves to defend and Maguire for all his faults was really good at this for us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’d be utterly gobsmacked if Kasper left this summer 

Why? He has already stated that he wants to play in Europe before he retires, something he could by moving to smaller league

Goalkeepers come in two forms. There is the type that come for crosses, and there are the ones that don’t ( from corners I am meaning) 

Although this sounds simplistic, it’s not. The defenders and coaches know what type of keeper you have and so coaching revolves around the keeper type.

Kasper has always been a stayer and always will be.

Both have their pros and cons, if you are a stayer the defenders know that they have to deal with it as the keeper won’t be coming out.

The above is fact, but what I am saying now is just a view. Could Brendan see that whatever he has tried has failed so does he then decide to try a different style keeper, as in the one that comes rather then stays?

Just an opinion but one he must be considering as he has some seriously talented defenders in the squad ( Evans and Fofana)

I don’t know what Ward is, but if he is the opposite of Kasper you could see him given a run to the end of the season to see if that works? But I don’t know his style.

Also Kasper is in limbo contract wise so could be he is one that moves on as one of the key changes.

I think we will see a change in the summer 

Edited by Rob1742
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Morgan, Huth and Fuchs were all much more aggressive defenders than the 3 you're comparing them to there. It's where we messed up on Vestergaard - it's not just about height, it's also about aggression and desire to win that first ball. 

Ulloa came back to help at corners too

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’ve never really been a fan of his. Ever since I saw a post match interview of him repeating multiple times how mentally strong he was, when he was clearly suffering, I’ve had big questions about his mentality. He comes across as very odd.

I also don’t think he’s England’s best keeper, maybe 3rd best behind Pope and Ramsdale? Maybe. There’s better out there for less money. 

💯 

4 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Goalkeepers come in two forms. There is the type that come for crosses, and there are the ones that don’t.

Although this sounds simplistic, it’s not. The defenders and coaches know what type of keeper you have and so coaching revolves around the keeper type.

Kasper has always been a stayer and always will be.

Both have their pros and cons, if you are a stayer the defenders know that they have to deal with it as the keeper won’t be coming out.

The above is fact, but what I am saying now is just a view. Could Brendan see that whatever he has tried has failed so does he then decide to try a different style keeper, as in the one that comes rather then stays?

Just an opinion but one he must be considering as he has some seriously talented defenders in the squad ( Evans and Fofana)

I don’t know what Ward is, but if he is the opposite of Kasper you could see him given a run to the end of the season to see if that works? But I don’t know his style.

Also Kasper is in limbo contract wise so could be he is one that moves on as one of the key changes.

I think we will see a change in the summer 

Good post mate just out of curiosity what is a pro of a keeper staying on their line?

To me it just absolves any responsibility from the keeper and adds pressure to the defenders who clearly have zero confidence at defending set pieces right now.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure he's getting 100K + elsewhere

He isn’t going to get European football here, so he just has to decide what he wants more

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? He has already stated that he wants to play in Europe before he retires, something he could by moving to smaller league

Just don’t think he’s ready to move on yet. Got nothing to base it off I just would be surprised if he left. His affiliation with the club is humongous 

• Like 1

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Just don’t think he’s ready to move on yet. Got nothing to base it off I just would be surprised if he left. His affiliation with the club is humongous 

No idea why, but could just see playing in the CL for some Danish side, has a sort of romantic symmetry (I know it doesn’t, but….)

Kasper is an amazing shot stopper and his commitment can’t be questioned but at times he doesn’t command his area as much as he should when coming out for crosses or corners he often stays close to the goal line then can punch the ball rather than catch and some of the goals passing him he should be getting to ?

Some fans I’ve talked to at games often think the same as me as Kasper is far too comfortable and has no real quality competition to challenge for his starting position, we need to bring in a quality keeper to keep Kasper on his toes to step in if he has poor performances and he has had a few this season !

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Good post mate just out of curiosity what is a pro of a keeper staying on their line?

To me it just absolves any responsibility from the keeper and adds pressure to the defenders who clearly have zero confidence at defending set pieces right now.

Being there to save a shot or header, if you commit to coming and miss it, you are in no mans land. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe but even 10k less a week is 0.5m a year worse off.

True but I am pretty sure he hasn’t be doing a paper round for the last 15 years. lol

You may be right, guess it depends what is most important. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Being there to save a shot or header, if you commit to coming and miss it, you are in no mans land. 

Thats where being commanding and using judgement comes in. Top keepers don't stop on their line. Every goalkeeper at any level should be a good shot stopper, that's their job. It's like saying a defender is good at heading, it's a minimum requirement. It's like tackling in the box, it's calculated risk, maybe sometimes a mistake is made a pen is given away or in a keepers case, you might miss a pinch or be beaten to the ball, but his current tactic of being ganged up on the goal line whilst someone heads at goal from inside the 6 yard box si not working. He needs a better starting position off his line ready to claim. I guarantee if he came out and tried to catch or punch more balls, we wouldn't have conceded anywhere near as much. It's not just Kasper's fault though, some of the marking (or lack of it) has been terrible, but too many balls come in within his range which he doesn't even attempt to deal with.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Which makes sense on paper but considering how horrific our defending of set corners is you’d say that being there to save a shot or header clearly isn’t happening enough.

That also glosses over the nervousness/confidence sapping which ripples through the team at defending any set piece.

Keepers that come off their line, take Mendy at Chelsea as an example don’t come off it every time and make a conscious decision when the ball is whipped in rather than already deciding they’re staying rooted to their line.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

No doubt, but how many games did we have Wilf, Evans and Fofana in the PL this season?

We haven’t. Something drastic needs to happen over the close season. They say they’ve tried everything but it doesn’t seem to have worked. The players shit themselves when we have a corner, the mood in the stand instantly changes too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

There is pros and cons for each. The positive in staying on the line is if any header does happen from a striker, you are in a good position to save it. If you have gone out and say got a hand to it, you are off your line and out of position.

I wouldn’t say having a keeper who is a stayer is a bad thing, we won the league with this style and the likes of Huth and Morgan would know it’s upto them to deal with it, which they invariably did. 

He is not going anywhere at this age and with this salary and club will not sell him. You can tell he has comfortable connections at the top of the club

I am afraid of the perspective that he will still be main keeper after 2022/2023