Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Kasper Schmeichel

27 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Get him out the team that second goal was unforgivable palming a tame header he should have held into the middle of the box

He's been palming balls straight back to where they come from for ages, but its always overlooked, probably because of his standing within the club. One things for sure, Rodgers hasn't got the balls to stand up to Kasper. Kasper will decide when he plays.

• Like 1

Weve tried many personnel in defence.

We have tried different formations of defence, We are still inept at defending.

The only ever present player has  been Kasper.

Just saying.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 3

He's not the sole reason we're bad at corners (literally no-one fancies attacking the ball. They're shit scared for whatever reason, both attacking and defending).

But when he's called upon to deal with it, he gets a bit flappy and panicked. A few years back that header from the corner gets held or parried over the bar. Now it's palmed back into danger.

He nearly even fvcked up the simple save from Doucoure (?) after it was squared from Gray. Nearly knocked it in to his own net.

I'm wondering if he knows where his future lies beyond the end of this season and is now just seeing it out in casual fashion.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's not the sole reason we're bad at corners (literally no-one fancies attacking the ball. They're shit scared for whatever reason, both attacking and defending).

Exactly right.... If Kasper was a main factor in us conceding from corners then it would have been happening for the past decade, but it hasn't.

I haven't seen the goal back yet but from where I sit, Richarlison looked completely free. At Roma on Thursday we had Ricardo on Abraham. 

I don't think the players are aggressive enough to stop opposition players attacking the ball but I also think they're being let down by poor management of defending set pieces. I heard Rodgers say on the radio that they don't "have time" to physically address corners, wtf does that mean, what do they do in training man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly right.... If Kasper was a main factor in us conceding from corners then it would have been happening for the past decade, but it hasn't.

I haven't seen the goal back yet but from where I sit, Richarlison looked completely free. At Roma on Thursday we had Ricardo on Abraham. 

I don't think the players are aggressive enough to stop opposition players attacking the ball but I also think they're being let down by poor management of defending set pieces. I heard Rodgers say on the radio that they don't "have time" to physically address corners, wtf does that mean, what do they do in training man.

Do you think the corner weakness has ever been exploited like it has this season, it’s the opposition game plan easiest way to score. 
Sure it would help with defenders that can head the ball, but then it could be argued in previous seasons they were also doing that ok.

I would imagine there is a fair amount of dread by players when we concede corners.

Having confidence in your keeper to command his 6 yard box would go along way into instilling that.

Yes, his a good shot stopper but so are most premier league keepers on their day.

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Do you think the corner weakness has ever been exploited like it has this season, it’s the opposition game plan easiest way to score. 
Sure it would help with defenders that can head the ball, but then it could be argued in previous seasons they were also doing that ok.

I would imagine there is a fair amount of dread by players when we concede corners.

Having confidence in your keeper to command his 6 yard box would go along way into instilling that.

Yes, his a good shot stopper but so are most premier league keepers on their day.

I don't think it's opposition game plan. Everton only had one corner today.

In previous seasons we had better headers. Even the title winning side was fairly small, but we didn't concede from corners like we do now, but we had Huth and Morgan then who were both commanding in the air.

I agree goalkeepers install confidence collecting balls, look how good Lloris was doing it yesterday for Spurs at Anfield, but I don't think it's the sole reason otherwise, as I said, we'd have been like this every season Kasper was here.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Iversen time

I’ve read Iversen is similar, great shot stopping, iffy distribution and bad at coming off his line. Might have been an off performance when I read it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think it's opposition game plan. Everton only had one corner today.

In previous seasons we had better headers. Even the title winning side was fairly small, but we didn't concede from corners like we do now, but we had Huth and Morgan then who were both commanding in the air.

I agree goalkeepers install confidence collecting balls, look how good Lloris was doing it yesterday for Spurs at Anfield, but I don't think it's the sole reason otherwise, as I said, we'd have been like this every season Kasper was here.

You can get worse at something over time, you know, and It looks like Kasper has developed a genuine phobia at corners - like a golfer getting the putting ‘yips’. It can happen.

Maybe someone on here can recall a particular incident when he went to claim the ball, flapped, missed and conceded - and which might have adversely affected his thinking and confidence ever since…

Looks like it’s getting to that time when he needs moving on. He has been great for us but has obvious flaws in his game that are becoming costly. 

In his case it’s not lack of effort more time catching up with him. It feels right for him to leave now.

Best keeper I've seen at Leicester by a million miles. But one huge flaw and teams are taking the piss with it. If we can't fix the set piece situation another way, we will simply have to look elsewhere. He's clearly never going to change his strategy of staying glued to his line.

• Like 1