Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Just a reminder

12 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

I look at the table every day! One of life's little pleasures that costs nothing.

Everyone who knows I'm a life long fan and season ticket holder (been in the SE for 26 years) has had plenty of time to pay their respects ... and they have!

I still remember taking a screenshot of us at the top of the Premier League after beating Sunderland in the first weekend of 2015/16 as I didnt think it would happen again, or for a very long time at least.

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m not usually one for conspiracies and “the media ignore Leicester” ramblings but they really have gone silent. When Southampton went top it was on national news, they just don’t like us for some reason. I mean I know I shouldn’t care but it does annoy me. Over the last 5 years we’ve definitely been one of the top 6 teams. X

I think the reason it wasnt big news is because its not a massive shock anymore compared to Southampton being top, which says a lot in terms of our progress since 2014.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m not usually one for conspiracies and “the media ignore Leicester” ramblings but they really have gone silent. When Southampton went top it was on national news, they just don’t like us for some reason. I mean I know I shouldn’t care but it does annoy me. Over the last 5 years we’ve definitely been one of the top 6 teams. X

To be fair we've only finished in the top 6 twice in that time.. We're on the up and it's exciting times but we're not quite regulars just yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we are top with one game to go, I will believe, just been a foxes fan for far too long to get carried away.  Certain parts of the media can't wait for us to be put in our place, Sly sports et al are bleeting about Liverpool's injury crisis, but hardly amention of our own defensive injuries.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Might just be me but I think a match DVD of winning a top flight match 9 nil away is fair enough considering no other team in the english top flight have done it in over 100 years or something. I wouldnt begrudge other teams doing the same thing.

For me releasing a DVD of one game mid-season regardless of the result should never be allowed. Give it prominence in the end of season DVD, sure, but releasing a DVD for that one match is almost as bad as releasing a t-shirt when you are top of the league after a few games (almost!)

When we were top under Peter Taylor I did cut the league table out of the Merc though, but come on let's face it, none of us expected the heroics of our 2015/16 season!

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

88 points should do it this year I reckon. 70 runs needed from 30 deliveries giving a required run rate of 2.33.

You have not factored in VAR or the Big 6 'fit-up' points adjustment formula that will come into play should we come anywhere close to breaking up the Sky darlings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, talking_goldfish said:

Agreed, a cheeky social media post is one thing, but actually releasing merch is ridiculous, so small time!

Record_Breakers_DVD.thumb.jpg.df6552f0941aa8f19e89b760a0c8cd6f.jpg

Does never erasing that match off my video recorder make me small time and pathetic?  :D

* full disclosure: I finally did record over it ... but that match was a helluva anti-lockdown tonic, I must have watched it 5 times.

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Might just be me but I think a match DVD of winning a top flight match 9 nil away is fair enough considering no other team in the english top flight have done it in over 100 years or something. I wouldnt begrudge other teams doing the same thing.

The DVD of our 3-0 win over Forest in 2010 was kind of cringe though. :ph34r:

11 hours ago, mozartfox said:

You have not factored in VAR or the Big 6 'fit-up' points adjustment formula that will come into play should we come anywhere close to breaking up the Sky darlings. 

you mean like when we last won the premier league? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, MPH said:

you mean like when we last won the premier league? :rolleyes:

That was before VAR, Project Big Picture and the mooted European Super League. Different landscape.