Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

Just a reminder

24 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

We're in mid-November, no decent football to watch for the past week, though it would be nice to remind everyone of this :scarf:

Capture.png

They normally say that it takes 10 games before you should look at the table and we're not far from that now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shailen said:

I think the winners this season will win it with points in the low to mid 80s. Whoever wins it this year I can see it being a really close title race that may go right to the last game. 

If/when fans are let in this season, the dynamics of the games/season will likely significantly change.

As that's unlikely to happen until relatively late in the season, it could very well be the X factor (eg, would rather play Liverpool before a KP crowd).

Edited by NaijaFox

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The media's been abit hush since Leicester's been top, they obviously thought that liverpool would be top. And I bet if Spurs were top the British media would have multiple orgasms.

I think Spurs will have a decent shot this year with Mourinho having a better grip this season and Bale being a great addition.

Chelsea and Liverpool will be there or abouts. Never underestimate Man City though I think this season will be a transitional one for them and they may act more as spoilers.

Hopefully we can stay within top 4 this season! But one game at a time and 40 points first!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

Winning it at home against Spurs. Can you imagine lol

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I would really cream my pants in that eventuality 

If we weren't in a position to win it ourselves that day, the next best thing would be beating them to stop them winning it.

Would still be creamworthy!

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 2

Thanks for posting this as I don't actively go and look at the table in case I jinks something. Yeah sounds silly but those two weeks in the autumn at the top of the table under Peter Taylor still makes me nervous (yes even after everything we've been through). My dad made a print out and stuck it on my bedroom wall. They're you go son, top of the table. I still blame him for getting us relegated the next season for doing that lol (I don't but I like to remind him).

I’m not usually one for conspiracies and “the media ignore Leicester” ramblings but they really have gone silent. When Southampton went top it was on national news, they just don’t like us for some reason. I mean I know I shouldn’t care but it does annoy me. Over the last 5 years we’ve definitely been one of the top 6 teams. X

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

If/when fans are let in this season, the dynamics of the games/season will likely significantly change.

As that's unlikely to happen until relatively late in the season, it could very well be the X factor (eg, would rather play Liverpool before a KP crowd).

Can't really see full football stadiums in this country this season, even if everything goes as well as is hoped with the recent vaccine news.

33 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Got to say I thought Southampton wetting themselves over going top was a bit small time. We're not even into double digits number of matches played! They've released a t shirt! https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/clothing/mens/stop-the-count-grey-t-shirt/c-1/c-255/p-4061

File under 'they have senses of humour and self - irony'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t expect Sheff U to be where they are. They’ve genuinely looked awful too it’s not even like luck is just going against them. Can’t believe how they’ve gone from looking so decent and well set up to so bad in such a short space of time. 

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m not usually one for conspiracies and “the media ignore Leicester” ramblings but they really have gone silent. When Southampton went top it was on national news, they just don’t like us for some reason. I mean I know I shouldn’t care but it does annoy me. Over the last 5 years we’ve definitely been one of the top 6 teams. X

Or maybe it’s because now us sitting top is not as big a deal as it use to be ? Begrudgingly, they’ve accepted that Leicester are capable of being “up there” so it doesn’t deserve the same media attention as if Southampton do it. I’ve definitely notice a change in the build up to the Liverpool game compared to seasons past.

• Like 1

Pundits, journalists and neutral fans alike are no longer surprised to see us up there, simple as that. 

Even Everton were built up more than us when they were top after 4 games.

Take it as a compliment- we're starting to be taken seriously as a club who can compete at the top level consistently. 

I'd love to see an up to date table including this international break for total days spent top of the Premier League since its formation- I've seen them in the past but there doesn't seem to be a recent one.

7 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Most definitely but I don't think we'll see that again this season until we can prove the vaccine is working which wont be known till summer 2021 at the earliest. This season will definitely show which teams play the best football and which managers can set their team up the best tactically. Fans play a huge role both for the clubs at the bottom and those so called big clubs. 

2 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Got to say I thought Southampton wetting themselves over going top was a bit small time. We're not even into double digits number of matches played! They've released a t shirt! https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/clothing/mens/stop-the-count-grey-t-shirt/c-1/c-255/p-4061

The "STOP THE COUNT" tweet was funny though. But yeah, a bit small time I agree.

• Like 1

Being top for Leicester City is neither a shock nor a surprise. Everton got wanked off when they were top after 4 games. Villa went into hysteria when they were in the top 4 for a weekend. But we are big dogs, we dont celebrate being top in November. We celebrate by winning the whole damn thing. We dont have a small time mentality like Everton and Vila. 

• Like 4