Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 IKE - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid you’ll just have to deal with it .... we are only interesting to a v small part of the population 

if we had got a significant result agains a stand out team then we would have got a mention ... or if vards had scored a few ... the editors know that the country isn’t bothered about Lcfc .... apart from vards who has widespread recognition out there ...

It's a self-fulfilling policy on the part of the media. Were they to give coverage to Leicester on a more equable basis then more people would sit up and take notice and become interested.  It's the same old "top six" bias.

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

It's a self-fulfilling policy on the part of the media. Were they to give coverage to Leicester on a more equable basis then more people would sit up and take notice and become interested.  It's the same old "top six" bias.

But you're right, it is what it is and we just have to deal with it.  We can only hope the drip-drip effect may bear fruit over a period of time.  If we are consistent over several years in producing good results, especially on the European stage, then attention in the media may eventually swing our way.

Just now, Wortho said:

As much as I like Nacho he had an awful game. Everything ball seems to bounce off him or he misplaces his pass, I can't see him scoring in lots of games. I really want him to succeed but I'm not sure if he's capable.

Not looked any good for us all season. Has to play with another striker IMO or at least someone very close to him like Perez.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not looked any good for us all season. Has to play with another striker IMO or at least someone very close to him like Perez.

Perez did more in his first two minutes than Nacho did all game. He looked a far better option.

I still think we need another striker but I've no idea who.

• Like 1

i didn't see the game last night. i was watching the live commentary on the Manchester Guardian. Got to love them, Spurs qualifies as top of group, Arsenal did well too. As for LC, the comment came they have managed to avoid the big clubs in the next round. Accolade indeed. Makes you wonder what is the point, merely postponing the inevitable demise when we get to meet a big club. 

It pisses me off. the sooner these big clubs piss off to their boring revolving carrousel of  lets play each other a zillion times a year, the better.

I think we justifiably had complaints about Sunday despite the result but nothing to moan about last night. Comfortable win, pressure off early, key players were rested and others hit some form.

The job was to win and not suffer with injuries- both seem to have occurred.

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho, Perez and Praet all had fantastic opportunities to score and failed. 

Yes they did. I have have some push back on this post.  I think we did a great job... my issue was how we can make things better.  The main issue seemed to be that we got a bit closed down in second half.  In fairness we could have scored two of the chances... but we could have made more chances.