Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 IKE - Post-Match Thread

Better, alot better.

It just shows we can go forward, attack and be positive when a team defends or tries to nullify us aswell.

It went a little passive in the 30th odd minute but even that was better than what we've served up in the last few matches and we came through it.

Please please please continue!

19 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Bring on the draw on Monday!

I think our potential opponents are as follows (assuming we can't draw Braga as they were in our group and of course avoiding the other seeded teams):

Young Boys

Molde

Slavia Prague

Benfica

Granada

Real Sociedad

Lille

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Antwerp

RZ Pellets WAC

Red Star Belgrade

Dynamo Kiev (from the CL)

Krasnodar (from the CL)

RB Salzburg (from the CL)

Olympiacos (from the CL)

There's still some shit in there but I fancy us to Bury some ghosts with red star. 

I like the forward looking mindset of Under and Barnes. Same as for Praet. Always look up and forward first and all are quite direct, especially Under.

Hamza was too casual tonight. Made a few sloppy passes and didn’t look that interested to make things happen - I know we are 2-0 up but it was frustrating to see lack of ambition there with Hamza especially given he was a late sub not getting game time normally. 

Very pleased with that and exciting with Barnes and Thomas’s linking and, of course, Cengiz too. Should be remembered AEK were very poor and the two rapid goals deflated them big time. But a pleasing display indeed despite that, which should hopefully give Brendan some food for thought for the next two PL games as to personnel and formation. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

They were shocking opposition but offered us a great opportunity to experiment and gain confidence. 

A number of very good performances out there tonight and we'll go in very strongly against Brighton on Sunday.

I just hope BR carries the confidence through by playing a similar way - not setting up as 5 at the back.

So good that even I'm struggling to pick fault.

Edited by adejo92

Good all over the park, although we won’t have an easier game all season. 
AEK were league 1 standard at best. 
Still, very professional performance & a clean sheet.

Under looking like he could be something special & Barnes growing in confidence.

No new injuries, and another hour for Wilf. 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Good all over the park, although we won’t have an easier game all season. 
AEK were league 1 standard at best. 
Still, very professional performance & a clean sheet.

Under looking like he could be something special & Barnes growing in confidence.

No new injuries, and another hour for Wilf. 

I think the people bagging on AEK should appreciate that they were already eliminated - that wasn't the first team.