Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-0 IKE - Post-Match Thread

58 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Bring on the draw on Monday!

I think our potential opponents are as follows (assuming we can't draw Braga as they were in our group and of course avoiding the other seeded teams):

Young Boys

Molde

Slavia Prague

Benfica

Granada

Real Sociedad

Lille

Maccabi Tel Aviv

Antwerp

RZ Pellets WAC

Red Star Belgrade

Dynamo Kiev (from the CL)

Krasnodar (from the CL)

RB Salzburg (from the CL)

Olympiacos (from the CL)

Well ****. We are the MVPs in that list aren't we!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Good result against a very poor team, cannot believe we only scored two goals, will need to start the better players from the next game if we are to progress any further once the draw is made on Monday. The likes of tonight’s team although they won are not good enough.

Bar Iheanacho who i thought had a poor game, which other starting players aren't good enough? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bar Iheanacho who i thought had a poor game, which other starting players aren't good enough? 

Exactly, I thought it was a very well balanced team and approach tonight. Add Schmeichel and Vardy and more of the same for me against Brighton please. If I was to be even more positive I'd even consider Tielemans on the bench with either Perez or Maddison behind Vardy. 

10 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Good result against a very poor team, cannot believe we only scored two goals, will need to start the better players from the next game if we are to progress any further once the draw is made on Monday. The likes of tonight’s team although they won are not good enough.

Agree. They were so bad, we should have battered them by 4 or 5. The competition starts now for real so Rodgers will go strong in February.

2 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Rodgers needs to realise that you cannot keep making 7 changes and expect to beat teams that have dropped down from the CL or we will have a quick exit.

I bet he's not thought of that.

• Haha 3

Supporters just don't realize how important Ndidi is to our club. We can't play possession/attacking football without him.

We would have been slaughtered if we had went with anything other than 5 at the back. Changes are made for a reason.

Nice to be able to watch us play like we know we are capable of. If we're healthy I wouldn't bet against us doing some extreme damage in this competition. The racing machine is starting to hum again. and now with added Under:chant:

Wow some people love to complain! Enjoy it lads! We're top of the group and onto the next round. Can only beat what's infront of you. We played well, had a few chances and on another day it could have been 4 or 5. Best we've played in a while. Some positivity people! 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Finally we have a proper threat from both wings. If Barnes and Under can do that in the Prem then we are really going places.

Oh and a word for Wilf. Different class.

The joys of not playing maddison. Instead of looking to go through him, we got it to our wide creative players early so that they could run their opposite number.

The injuries we've had and finish top of the group as well as 4th in the league so far. An absolute miracle.

And even if we lost tonight I'd say the same thing. Nice job so far Rodgers and the men!

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The injuries we've had and finish top of the group as well as 4th in the league so far. An absolute miracle.

And even if we lost tonight I'd say the same thing. Nice job so far Rodgers and the men!

And not been below 4th in the league this season so far either... 

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Ndidi is the man. He allows us to play 4 (or 2) at the back. He's basically a CB and a CDM rolled into 1.

Amazing that he isn't even match fit, he was immense. 

A few of us speculated about this and I think it's proven to be right - Rodgers seemingly will only play the 4141 if Ndidi is fit and available, and I can see why. Mendy has been awesome for us this season, Hamza has some good cameos but the stats don't lie, Ndidi wins a crazy amount of tackles and wins the aerials that allow us to have more creative players in the team. Personally I think he should have tried it with Mendy as well, but I can see why he might think that way.

Great result, but really it was the performance that really impressed today. Yes the opposition were poor, but if we play like that, we will have another very good season, and don't forget that despite all of the doom and gloom we still finished 5th last season.

Great to top the group and looking forward to the draw. I actually hope we get one of the "big guns!" I think we can beat any team in this competition on our day and would love to draw a historically big European team. Failing that, some revenge against Red Star would be very tasty too!

Been saying it for months, 4141 and not this crap 5 at the back . Yes they were awful today, but unless were vs a top top team with pure attacking talent, we are better in this formation.

Vs Brighton this has to stay, we are a joy to watch. Wilf is an absolute boss and exactly what we’ve been missing.

Him and Youri along with Vards are our spine and pure world class players. Build around them 3 and we won’t be far off the CL places and EL semis.

Castange and Ricardo back to join the party and I might just cream my pants!

• Like 1

Good tonight but AEK were poor. Let's see what the melts on the match forum have to say on Sunday if we go 1-0 down in the first 20 mins. Mostly the same ones that change their opinions from minute to minute depending on the score. I can't bear to follow the live match threads any more. It just spoils the whole experience for me.

• Like 1