Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Other Teams Transfers - January 21

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seizing the opportunity in the early years of being back in the PL to try and cement a top 10 place. 

Not yet at, or least weren’t, the point where the restriction on wage rises is starting to limit them

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially as that's all been relaxed now anyway. But they've spent over £250m now haven't they?

Since when? I was just looking on TransferMrkt and they seem quite canny

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Since promotion. Did over £100m in the summer they came up and then same again last summer didn't they? 

Ffs, if I knew how to use TransferMrkt properly I might get the right data lol

143m for 19/20

74m for 20/21

so you are about right :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Add another £17m now for Morgan Samson and its beggars belief!

That's mental considering they haven't exactly made much money selling players. I wouldn't say their squad looks amazing either considering the money spent. Arguably their 2 best players are Grealish and Barkley, one from the academy and one that isnt even their player.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

That's mental considering they haven't exactly made much money selling players. I wouldn't say their squad looks amazing either considering the money spent. Arguably their 2 best players are Grealish and Barkley, one from the academy and one that isnt even their player.

The players they signed last year were utterly useless. Some decent players this summer but still a few like cash that they've overpaid on.

Mad to think that if Villa didn’t win that playoff final, they’d be in a right mess now. Possibility they’d have been in administration + points deduction for breaking FFP in Championship, with a good chance of being in League One. Their old owner was bringing suitcase full of money over from Hong Kong to keep the club going. Now they’re spending fortunes on players. 

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fenerbahce-mesut-ozil-transfer-arsenal-23375252.amp

This seems a bit weird to me, bringing In a huge wage signing then asking fans to fund some of it... 460m in debt 

I do wonder whether this being announced will mean we press ahead with Ozan Tufan.

On 23/01/2021 at 10:09, UniFox21 said:

The almost overnight dropping of Ryan was really strange, I always thought he looked solid for Brighton. Makes sense for Arsenal, a prem experienced keeper to supprt Leno. 

Thought he was always a decent keeper too but his stats this season have been horrfic by all accounts, has the lowest shot/save rate I read.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Summer when grealish leaves ......

Damn, thought it might be someone taking him this window.