Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Otavio (Porto)

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why is there this persistent idea that we can make our unwanted player a make-weight? Why would they want him and why would he want to go there? They couldn't afford his potential wages for a start. It's football manager dreamland stuff. 

it's a valid point, I guess even if we could loan him somewhere we would, as if they covered the wages that would save a £1 million by the end of the season, strange why we are apparently haggling with Leverkusen for a fee, surely if Otavio is good, they would want some sort of fee with everyone overseas able to sign him now ahead of the summer window.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bizarre isn't it? It's complicated enough just signing a player on straight transfer. Just think how much of a ballache it would be to arrange a swap/part exchange deal? Different transfer values, different wages, different lengths of contract, different agents etc. These are just some of the reasons why they are as rare as rocking horse turds. When was the last time we were even involved in a swap deal? Probably have to go back to the 90's.

Ormondroyd and Gee for Kitson :)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would prefer this to Eriksen or anyone else. Reminds me of Coutinho can play anywhere in midfield, small and Brazilian with a similar technique. My only concern is that I’m not convinced he is enough cover for tielemans would Otavio - Ndidi - Maddison be strong enough defensively in the middle of the park? But I guess come next season we will have KDH and Praet as cover for Youri.  

But aside from that looks like he could play LW, RW or as a 10 fairly comfortably so provides a good amount of competition across numerous areas. Has a good record and can be got fairly cheaply with just 6 months left on his contract. Oh and would be our first Brazilian. Gerimin. 

I would prefer this to Eriksen looks a little gem

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Few mumbling that this is the one we are trying to get done. Couple of articles on news now pointing towards him.

Yeah, I think so too. But Milan going for him could see us going for Calhanoglu whom I'm not sure is suited to our style or league.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I think so too. But Milan going for him could see us going for Calhanoglu whom I'm not sure is suited to our style or league.

Yea, Brazilians have a sickening love affair with the former italian giants of Inter and AC...... Let's hope he has his head screwed on and chooses us, not what is now a graveyard for washed up has been's..... With the exception of martinez at inter obviously... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Yea, Brazilians have a sickening love affair with the former italian giants of Inter and AC...... Let's hope he has his head screwed on and chooses us, not what is now a graveyard for washed up has been's..... With the exception of martinez at inter obviously... 

I was shocked to see the sort of wages Inter are paying players, especially given we are regularly beating AC to players which I assume is down to wages?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I was shocked to see the sort of wages Inter are paying players, especially given we are regularly beating AC to players which I assume is down to wages?

They're simply living off their past, it is quite sad to see because through the 90's and early 00's the Italian league was absolutely gravy... especially Inter and AC.... They're just relics accommodating players who have basically given up and still want to live like ballers. (with the exception of one or two). 

• Like 3

On 18/01/2021 at 12:48, StriderHiryu said:

Seems like the Milan fans got in first with the "welcome to X" videos lol

Jokes aside, he's a really good player. Would be great for squad depth for sure. 

Had to restart this half way through. Got fixated on the gobsmacking defending at 1:15 and found myself concentrating more on the 'backlines of the Primeira'

5 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't think he scores enough goals

If he WAS to be brought in, it would be as a replacement for Dennis/cover for Youri.... How many goals do they score? Not all creative players put up massive numbers, that doesn't mean they're not good players.

After watching a bit more of him, this is the one I want. 

My initial thoughts were he was very small but he also seems quite aggressive and dogged. 

If it was a choice between the two, I would still prefer a striker though...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If he WAS to be brought in, it would be as a replacement for Dennis/cover for Youri.... How many goals do they score? Not all creative players put up massive numbers, that doesn't mean they're not good players.

6 goals and  5 assists between so far this season equates to 12 and 10 over the season better figures I think

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

6 goals and  5 assists between so far this season equates to 12 and 10 over the season better figures I think

So you're adding two player's stats together and comparing them to his? 

Ok, let's do that...

Youri and Praet have 6 goals and 5 Assists in 32 games which by your logic "equates to" (it doesn't work like that but we'll go with it) 12 goals and 10 assists over the season....

Otavio has 2 goals and 4 assists in 10 games which (again by your logic) would equate to 6 goals and 12 assists over the course of the season. 

Again, you can't really compare his stats with two player's combined but even if you did, there isn't too much of a difference...

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

So you're adding two player's stats together and comparing them to his? 

Ok, let's do that...

Youri and Praet have 6 goals and 5 Assists in 32 games which by your logic "equates to" (it doesn't work like that but we'll go with it) 12 goals and 10 assists over the season....

Otavio has 2 goals and 4 assists in 10 games which (again by your logic) would equate to 6 goals and 12 assists over the course of the season. 

Again, you can't really compare his stats with two player's combined but even if you did, there isn't too much of a difference...

heh I'm not saying his assists are not impressive I'm just saying his goals are low with 10 in 105 for Porto over 5 seasons. Rodgers states that he likes his attacking players to contribute more of both. Octavio for a low fee may well be good business though.

• Like 1

Atm with Praet fit and if we want to rest the usual 3 midfielders like at palace it’s Praet, Mendy, choudhary! Choudhary is rubbish. Great midfield Praet, Mendy, otavio during a long season . Also if we get money for Gray this month, that could cover a transfer fee anyway

Edited by Heymister2015

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

They're simply living off their past, it is quite sad to see because through the 90's and early 00's the Italian league was absolutely gravy... especially Inter and AC.... They're just relics accommodating players who have basically given up and still want to live like ballers. (with the exception of one or two). 

Living of their past? They are 1st and 2nd in serie a. By quite some margin as well. Inter regularly qualify for the Champions League and at least challenge for the title even if they haven’t won it for a while. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They both got new Chinese investors over the last few years and have slowly been on the way back. The difference is that Inter's lot actually looked competent and recruitment looked a lot better, AC up until recently have been buying absolute pump.

It had been looking like the buyers (who borrowed massively to take control) might not quite have the clout they first appeared to. This was confirmed when they defaulted on their loans from an American hedge fund which then took ownership. 

From that point, they've turned it around quite a lot and the current Serie A table isn't all that surprising. 

• Like 2

Could we be trying to sign Otavio now for a smallish fee? Rodgers said in the PC yesterday they would like to bring in an attacking midfielder

“I think in this window if we could bring in an attacking midfield player, that would be fantastic,” said Rodgers at his press conference ahead of the FA Cup fourth-round tie at Brentford.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/brendan-rodgers-sets-out-leicester-4918894