Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Otavio (Porto)

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Word is that he will.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

If you look at the main criteria

• Players 18 or over playing regularly in Europe’s top 5 leagues are almost guaranteed a work permit.
  • Regular internationals for a top 50 FIFA-ranked nation guaranteed a work permit.
  • Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana minutes highly valued  – work permit almost guaranteed.

He doesn’t play in one of the top 5 leagues, he hasn’t played for his country (and Ghana are 52nd in the rankings) and his club don’t play in a continental competition. 

By my calculations he’s borderline to gain the points as it stands. Be no problem if Leuven make Europe next season 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

If you look at the main criteria

• Players 18 or over playing regularly in Europe’s top 5 leagues are almost guaranteed a work permit.
  • Regular internationals for a top 50 FIFA-ranked nation guaranteed a work permit.
  • Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana minutes highly valued  – work permit almost guaranteed.

He doesn’t play in one of the top 5 leagues, he hasn’t played for his country (and Ghana are 52nd in the rankings) and his club don’t play in a continental competition. 

By my calculations he’s borderline to gain the points as it stands. Be no problem if Leuven make Europe next season 

Percy Tau recently got a work permit and started playing for Brighton in January. He spent the past 2 seasons in Belgium and has only 28 played times for South Africa in 5 years and they are ranked 71st. He’s 5 years older than Kamal as well. It’s very likely that Kamal will get a work permit in the summer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Percy Tau recently got a work permit and started playing for Brighton in January. He spent the past 2 seasons in Belgium and has only 28 played times for South Africa in 5 years and they are ranked 71st. He’s 5 years older than Kamal as well. It’s very likely that Kamal will get a work permit in the summer.

He was going to be my case in example, only seemed to get a work permit now that he got a move to Belgium. Although Cardiff Fox points due allude to Sowah not being eligible yet, I have also heard the club think it won't be an issue come the summer so I'm not sure what's happening?

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Aside from the main transfer fee not really, or not that often.

So your comment 'I cant recall us signing too many of those types of players.' isn't backed up by any evidence?

Having no idea of exactly how KP do business we have no reason to believe that we haven't already signed a number of 'those types of players'.

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure based on the new criteria Kamal Sowah will be fine for getting a work permit

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

Page 11 - Criteria (Sowah will not be eligible based on International Appearances, but will be able to accumulate enough points based on the criteria set out by Paragraph 25)

Paragraph 24. The FA will grant a GBE if the Player’s International Appearances meet the Auto Pass Percentage set out in Table 1 of the criteria.

Paragraph 25. If a Player is not granted a GBE in accordance with paragraph 24 above, The FA will grant a GBE if a Player achieves 15 or more points in accordance with paragraphs 31-39.

Paragraph 32 - Belgian League is Band 2, 10 points granted if he continues to play every game for Leuven

image.png.e8f465eeeb0a1d94a2ca30107a420706.png

Paragraph 38 - 10 points granted - Sowah has played in the Belgian domestic cup this season

image.png.f19da5576d27318f10605a5dcd2984ef.png

image.png.7d0e41b56bffedb7683d14f5d4277c30.png

From these 2 criteria Kamal Sowah will have 20 points, and therefore be eligible for a Governing Body Endorsement

Work permits for players playing regularly in top 10 leagues or so in Europe will not really be an issue in the future, the issue comes in when trying to sign youth players who are only playing the odd game etc.

You are the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to news! Thanks

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

So your comment 'I cant recall us signing too many of those types of players.' isn't backed up by any evidence?

Having no idea of exactly how KP do business we have no reason to believe that we haven't already signed a number of 'those types of players'.

Like I said, I've never seen KP sign too many players who have plastered their requirements in minute detail as he has. It's always usually done in circumstances that wont piss the players off. Granted, certain parts of the contract are always released upon signing but not usually would we sign like this. Assuming that I have no idea how KP have their business done is rather immature to say the least. If you can name me a lot of recent players that have recently signed given the exact details as Otavio has then go ahead smartass? 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Like I said, I've never seen KP sign too many players who have plastered their requirements in minute detail as he has. It's always usually done in circumstances that wont piss the players off. Granted, certain parts of the contract are always released upon signing but not usually would we sign like this. Assuming that I have no idea how KP have their business done is rather immature to say the least. If you can name me a lot of recent players that have recently signed given the exact details as Otavio has then go ahead smartass? 

They signed Fofana having disclosed what we were offering him etc. We signed Cambiasso when his agent spent most of the summer saying how much money he would require as a bare minimum. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They signed Fofana having disclosed what we were offering him etc. We signed Cambiasso when his agent spent most of the summer saying how much money he would require as a bare minimum. 

You were doing the player down when you had no idea of whether we had signed players in similar circumstances.

Ric has just named two for you.

smartass? Bit sensitive are we?

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

You were doing the player down when you had no idea of whether we had signed players in similar circumstances.

Ric has just named two for you.

smartass? Bit sensitive are we?

I have a lot of respect for you and @Ric Flairand I read your posts practically daily. My point was that we didnt sign in that way very often as club. I note what ric said but cambiasso was a one off year only signing.

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I have a lot of respect for you and @Ric Flairand I read your posts practically daily. My point was that we didnt sign in that way very often as club. I note what ric said but cambiasso was a one off year only signing.

I think the point Ric & I were making was that we have no idea how many players we've signed who have been bullish about payments up front.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Assume you've skipped over Ric's cooking lessons? 

• Haha 3

Decent enough guy it seems

Solidarity action of the midfielder in partnership with FC Porto

At the initiative of Otávio, a FC Porto player, and with the support of the club, 20,000 units of food goods were donated to four solidarity institutions in the city of Porto: the Legião da Boa Vontade, the Juvenile Center of Campanhã, the Association of Night Hostels do Porto and the São Cirilo Community Center.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Decent enough guy it seems

Solidarity action of the midfielder in partnership with FC Porto

At the initiative of Otávio, a FC Porto player, and with the support of the club, 20,000 units of food goods were donated to four solidarity institutions in the city of Porto: the Legião da Boa Vontade, the Juvenile Center of Campanhã, the Association of Night Hostels do Porto and the São Cirilo Community Center.

Good bye present?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Spoke to a legit Brazilian yesterday and he says Otavio is pap.  They've got a young Pepe, who's brilliant and should be a target.

IMG-20210127-WA0009.jpg

Pepe signed in the last week or so and doesn't join them until the summer.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Assume you've skipped over Ric's cooking lessons? 

I had no idea, I've only had to endure 2 years of servitude on FT. He couldn't be the seagrave chef leaking the team sheets could he? 😉