Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Otavio (Porto)

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Attacking midfielder from Porto. 

If I'm right in thinking, with his contract up in June we can sign him on a free now so he moves in summer... 

This has been discussed in the transfer targets thread, I will add the comments to this. Classy player, his vision and through balls of all types is exceptional it really is. Marega has a field day from him and Vardy would as well. He would fit in well here as a narrow winger, a 8/10 in our 4-1-4-1 / 3-4-2-1 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Seems like the Milan fans got in first with the "welcome to X" videos lol

Jokes aside, he's a really good player. Would be great for squad depth for sure. 

At last, a man with a video (not that I’v never heard of him or anything) but I’ll know 95% more than I do now after watching this...

1 minute ago, Nick said:

At last, a man with a video (not that I’v never heard of him or anything) but I’ll know 95% more than I do now after watching this...

As @Kilworthfoxmentions, he also played both games against us in the Champions League. That was a real battle against them, though I don't particularly remember him standing out. That was a long time ago of course and I am sure he has developed, after all Porto had a player called Ricardo was it? Turned out to pretty good apparently! lol

Danilo stood out that day as a CDM for them, and recently went to PSG where he's been doing well. So in general I tend to think players from Porto tend to be quite good. Ricadro, Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias are also 3 good imports from that league of recent years.

I imagine this player ends up in Serie A instead of here, as Italian clubs are hard done by for funds for transfers, so will be looking at free transfers instead. But we signed Ricardo, so we can definitely offer a very competitive salary if it came down to that.

• Like 1

Always liked this fella and kept my eye on his career.

Aggressive midfielder, great a through balls with a bit of pace but weak in the air.

Reminds me of Koke a bit - He could be utilised for us on the right of a front three (Where Under isn’t right now) but can also play across the middle so may be a good player to sub in for Youri role in order to rest him.

Not scored very many goals, just three I think this season out of 20 appearances.

Not certain we are in for him - might be just paper talk.

I’ll keep you all updated.

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Seems like the Milan fans got in first with the "welcome to X" videos lol

Jokes aside, he's a really good player. Would be great for squad depth for sure. 

Loves a cheeky little lob pass, doesn't he! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

As @Kilworthfoxmentions, he also played both games against us in the Champions League.

Only played at our home fixture 

If we really wanted him, we'd put the money down and push through before his contract expires. The Serie A clubs won't want pay a penny in a transfer fee

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

Always liked this fella and kept my eye on his career.

Aggressive midfielder, great a through balls with a bit of pace but weak in the air.

Reminds me of Koke a bit - He could be utilised for us on the right of a front three (Where Under isn’t right now) but can also play across the middle so may be a good player to sub in for Youri role in order to rest him.

Not scored very many goals, just three I think this season out of 20 appearances.

Not certain we are in for him - might be just paper talk.

I’ll keep you all updated.

Got the best part of 50 assists in 150 games for Porto, machine

I think the 'would he be a replacement for' chat isn't neccessary.

We've got great depth in defense.

But our midfield and attacking midfield/forward line is severely lacking in depth. So this is the ideal sort of addition.

• Like 4