Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Otavio (Porto)

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Those figures a peanuts to us, what we bastard waiting for? Give him £6m, 60 bags a week and give Porto £5m to take him TODAY. I want him here before the weekend. NEXT

We always have 2 or 3 targets for one position, maybe his not our first choice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We always have 2 or 3 targets for one position, maybe his not our first choice. 

I'm sure that's likely to be true, the financial aspect of this deal though makes it very attractive and I'd be surprised if the other targets are not more expensive. We have a potential £20m outlay on Ünder in the summer, plus we need a new 4th choice CB and a striker so getting an attacking midfielder for less than £10m would be a very good deal.

As a club would we entertain a prospective player like Otivio that puts his salary demands online including signing on fees and bonuses etc? Aside from the "playing the game" to transfers, I cant recall us signing too many of those types of players.

16 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

As a club would we entertain a prospective player like Otivio that puts his salary demands online including signing on fees and bonuses etc? Aside from the "playing the game" to transfers, I cant recall us signing too many of those types of players.

I would take that with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm sure that's likely to be true, the financial aspect of this deal though makes it very attractive and I'd be surprised if the other targets are not more expensive. We have a potential £20m outlay on Ünder in the summer, plus we need a new 4th choice CB and a striker so getting an attacking midfielder for less than £10m would be a very good deal.

Maybe, we have a few days yet.

I'd be surprised if we sign someone to be honest, even in a non covid year our net spend is only 20m.

If he's been well scouted and was a preferred target before the need to cover for Praet arose, then 10 mill (5 to Porto and 5 to Otivio) to bring him in now + 50-60k wages would be a pretty good deal (making an assumption he's on a similar level to praet who cost around 20 mill inc sign on fee) .

While we could wait until the summer to avoid paying a fee to Porto, we still have a need for a midfielder now and would end up paying a loan fee for someone else if we went down that route. 

23 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Would we normally know what players are asking for?

I imagine bids are already in... The club are tight lipped these days, I still think that is one of the reason Dave rennie was shunted with the backroom reshuffle... We would have already made moves, and we will find out in good time what the outcomes are.... 

20 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I would bet my left nut we don't bring in a forward this window.

I would bet my right nut that you wouldn't follow through with this forfeit (& that's my favourite nut!)

Edited by nwl fox
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Many said similar about fofana 

Brazil was the football side that got me into football in the 1994 WC, I was 8 years old.

Before that I only enjoyed WWF. 

So I've always dreamed of us one day having a Brazilian player at Leicester.

I remember being jealous of Boro having Emerson & Juninho in the 90s 

Hope we get this lad.

46 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Wonder if we only want a loan as we are planning on playing KDH next season? 

That would be my preference given theres only a few days left of the window and who is available on a permanent deal that we would want? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Brazil was the football side that got me into football in the 1994 WC, I was 8 years old.

Before that I only enjoyed WWF. 

So I've always dreamed of us one day having a Brazilian player at Leicester.

I remember being jealous of Boro having Emerson & Juninho in the 90s 

Hope we get this lad.

I know what you mean. I’ve already suggested that my Mrs. gets one ☝️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Wonder if we only want a loan as we are planning on playing KDH next season? 

I thought this, too.

When asked last week, didn’t BR say “We’d like an attacking midfielder to come in and help us out” or something along those lines? I might be well off but that strikes me as a view to a loan and not so much looking at a permanent deal.

You’d imagine we’ve got our targets lined up for the summer as well - perhaps the focus will be on a striker in the summer. Let’s patch up the cover for attacking mid for now and then we’ll have Praet and KDH moving forwards as good rotation options? Just a thought