Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

You are right ,I rarely go back in a thread. At the end of the day Rodgers is a far better judge of a player than me , he is a pro .If he thinks Edouard can step up then he will go for him.

I mean, by all accounts he was pretty keen to splash out massive money for Perez as a winger. Have a little confidence in yourself :D

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

You are right ,I rarely go back in a thread. At the end of the day Rodgers is a far better judge of a player than me , he is a pro .If he thinks Edouard can step up then he will go for him.

....Muzzy_Larsson has stated that he is an admirer of Edouard a few times on this forum!!!

1. He has suffered from "long covid" this season .

2. He will be gone this summer. 

3. £15-20m should get him.

4. Has not been at his best this season. 

For some reason I get the feeling we are going to go elsewhere to pick up a striker and this is not a shoe in deal.

If he is coming to Leicester, then we will have to smuggle Karamoko in with his hand luggage. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I always thought that was the case?

No it did happen for a few years but this has stopped, they’re not contractually obliged to, it’s all goodwill. Steve Parrish talked about this yesterday, he confirmed from an accounting point of view it’s signed off it’s just up to the authorities to decide where it goes. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Obviously you know a lot more about him than me but what do you think ,. is he really worth bidding for ? You don't seem to rate him.

The amount of comments I’ve seen you post regarding Edouard that have ended up sounding like the total opposite of how he actually plays going off what Muzzy says gets me every time lol .. he’s also stated many a time how good the lad is so I don’t get the whole he doesn’t rate the lad lol 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

The amount of comments I’ve seen you post regarding Edouard that have ended up sounding like the total opposite of how he actually plays going off what Muzzy says gets me every time lol .. he’s also stated many a time how good the lad is so I don’t get the whole he doesn’t rate the lad lol 

Well this morning he did say that he was not that fast, poor in the air and not really physical. What do you make of that?

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Well this morning he did say that he was not that fast, poor in the air and not really physical. What do you make of that?

Every player has strengths and weakness I take it from what he says as he’s not going to bully defenders but he’s smart and quick enough to get away from them or picks up pockets where he’s not needing to get in a physical battle... he’s not once said he’s slow just he’s not a road runner like Vardy/Barnes... the way he compares him to Henry in some sense says it all for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Its worth a shot. When he's fit enough to start playing a few minutes here and there again, it might be worth taking Vardy off for him and seeing what happens in a relatively risk-free situation - either in the last few games of the season when we're (hopefully) comfortable in 3rd, or in pre-season after he's fully recovered. I'm sure it'll be an option they look at in training as well.

....just going off his time at WBA, it looks like Barnes is ideally suited to a free role or somewhere around the ~10 position!!!

If we bring in Edouard and a younger backup striker not sure we will want to be finding money to cover the Left Wing, in respect to our available finance at the moment. Right Wing needs to be addressed and I know there seems to be a need for another Centre Back.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I know Barnes has been tried as a striker, but from recollection it was as a sole striker. Do you think a Barnes/Nacho combination would work better? We'd need someone whose quick and plays off the shoulder to help Nacho get the space needed... could Barnes do that?

I just feel like Barnes likes being out wide as there’s more space for him to be direct... through the middle he’s just not got enough space to play to his strengths which is running at a man 1 on 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxpleasure said:

Daka looks great on YouTube but we know that can be misleading so has anyone signed him on FM that can tell us what he's really like?

TBH never seen him play, but a quick look up shows that he's scored 51gls in 4537mins for Salzburg, averaging a goal every 89mins. For a fee around 20-25, seems a great prospect.

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I just feel like Barnes likes being out wide as there’s more space for him to be direct... through the middle he’s just not got enough space to play to his strengths which is running at a man 1 on 1

Absolutely. 

This has been mentioned innumerable times yet people are repeatedly and bizarrely talking about deploying him up top. He is not a striker, he's a winger which means he picks up the ball on the flank, occasionally puts a cross in or cuts back from the byline but his strength and game hinges on running at - and beating - his man via the inside left channel. It does not involve playing centrally at the shoulder of the last man. Brendan has made this abundantly clear and that he will continue to be played in his natural position that utilises his strengths. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Absolutely. 

This has been mentioned innumerable times yet people are repeatedly and bizarrely talking about deploying him up top. He is not a striker, he's a winger which means he picks up the ball on the flank, occasionally puts a cross in or cuts back from the byline but his strength and game hinges on running at - and beating - his man via the inside left channel. It does not involve playing centrally at the shoulder of the last man. Brendan has made this abundantly clear and that he will continue to be played in his natural position that utilises his strengths. 

He isn't a touchline hugger though like Albrighton or Mahrez tends to drift further in.

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He isn't a touchline hugger though like Albrighton or Mahrez tends to drift further in.

There’s a difference between drifting in and playing centrally... he chooses when to cut into the space apposed to picking the ball up with his back to goal usually surrounded by the opposition 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I do agree - hasn't Brendan used the term 'narrow winger'? 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think he is worth a look!!!

Last fee reported was £3m.

I like what I see. Seems very positively attack minded and communicated well like Vardy. Nice touch and controlled on the ball. I doubt we'd get him for 3 mill lol. we just gotta be careful he doesn't turn into another Under (different position I know). He is young though thats a good thing. Can we make him a better player? Maybe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Obviously you know a lot more about him than me but what do you think ,. is he really worth bidding for ? You don't seem to rate him.

I absolutely do rate him I'm just giving an honest assessment of his strengths and weaknesses.

For £15m which is likely what he'll cost I think he's a no brainer of a signing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Every player has strengths and weakness I take it from what he says as he’s not going to bully defenders but he’s smart and quick enough to get away from them or picks up pockets where he’s not needing to get in a physical battle... he’s not once said he’s slow just he’s not a road runner like Vardy/Barnes... the way he compares him to Henry in some sense says it all for me

Thank you lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

@Muzzy_Larsson Is Joe Aribo any good at Rangers? (If you have an opinion of course :) )

He had a poor first season but he'd came on a lot this season and had a very good season, he was good against us in the last game.

He's a tidy enough player but does go missing for spells.

I don't think he's close to being good enough for a top 6 EPL side in all honesty though.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

@Muzzy_Larsson Is Joe Aribo any good at Rangers? (If you have an opinion of course :) )

From what I've saw of him.... within every 5 games, he'll  have 2 were he's decent, 2 were you won't notice he's on the pitch and 1 were he's excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody know how long that buy back clause with Kel was? I'm sure at the time I read it as 3 years which means it's passed now.

Just some bullshit journals about Man City fans demanding to buy him back is annoying me. It's like these fans and pundits think just because a team wants our players can just get em and these players will happily leave. Ugh, so frustrating!