Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

7 hours ago, tetly said:

Not sure we could afford him but would like us to get A saint maximin, looks good whenever I see him play.

If he can stay fit, he looks a hell of a player. Far too good for Newcastle. Zaha would also be class in our team and he really needs to leave Palace as they are dire and one of the most boring, negative teams to ever grace the PL but he would probably be too expensive. Trincao still seems to be on our radar as well. Would have loved us to get Coutinho as well as I reckon Brendan would get the very best out of him and he can play midfield or further forward but again would cost far too much, especially his wages. 

21 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

People still talk about the potential of Ricardo leaving but he's got a long way to go before any "big clubs" look at him again. He's been a shadow of himself since he came back from injury and only time will tell if he will ever get back to the levels he showed before his injury. I wouldn't be against us signing Tagliafico though as it would give us good balance as Thomas is our only natural left back once Fuchs retires and it showed this season how much of a struggle it can be with injuries. Also we are probably not going to see Justin fully fit till around October, November time and it could take him a while to get fully up to speed like it has with Ricardo. Tagliafico would also bring Champions league experience  should we get there. 

well I DID Say at the end of NEXT season not the end of this season..

Just a question about peeps championing St. maximin...

Great player. Would love him here and he’ll no doubt cost £40 plus million...

But he plays basically on the left in the Barnes role or through the middle in a Madders / Pérez no.10 role?

Are people saying we should sign him anyway or can he play on the right as a right footer too? Surely this would be a round peg in a square hole? Or is just a new attacking midfielder to add to the squad?

Not sure the thinking works unless I’m missing something - which is likely on a Sunday morning!

6 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If he can stay fit, he looks a hell of a player. Far too good for Newcastle. Zaha would also be class in our team and he really needs to leave Palace as they are dire and one of the most boring, negative teams to ever grace the PL but he would probably be too expensive. Trincao still seems to be on our radar as well. Would have loved us to get Coutinho as well as I reckon Brendan would get the very best out of him and he can play midfield or further forward but again would cost far too much, especially his wages. 

Zaha on the other hand... I’d still take him at Leicester. Can play off the right and deputise up front. And what a season he has had in a poor Palace side.

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

Zaha on the other hand... I’d still take him at Leicester. Can play off the right and deputise up front. And what a season he has had in a poor Palace side.

No doubt I'd take him. But how much would he cost? 

47 minutes ago, NasPb said:

No doubt I'd take him. But how much would he cost? 

28 years old, two years left on his contract at Palace and earning 130k a week...

We would have to offer four or five years on similar money for the opportunity for him to win silverware...

45-50 million? That's my guess but if he wants to leave and wants to come to Leicester, and makes that clear to Palace maybe a tad less?

Guessing really here.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

well I DID Say at the end of NEXT season not the end of this season..

Yes I get that but I don't see him leaving for a bigger club now. He's 28 in October so unless he miraculously regains his pre injury form, which I'm not sure he will, I doubt he'll be going anywhere. With Justin being younger and English, if he regains his form when he comes back, I could see some of the "big" English clubs looking at him rather than Ricardo. I think ricardo is way down the list of players we should be worried about losing now. Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana and Cags will be the ones people will be monitoring. 

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yes I get that but I don't see him leaving for a bigger club now. He's 28 in October so unless he miraculously regains his pre injury form, which I'm not sure he will, I doubt he'll be going anywhere. With Justin being younger and English, if he regains his form when he comes back, I could see some of the "big" English clubs looking at him rather than Ricardo. I think ricardo is way down the list of players we should be worried about losing now. Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana and Cags will be the ones people will be monitoring. 

Agree completely. I'd add Barnes to your list too.

I'm afraid Ricardo may never regain the level of play he had pre-injury.

Our biggest signings of the summer would be new contracts for Tielemans and Cags.

Very few established players are moving between major clubs now, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and yet players and agents are still using the threat to get vastly improved contracts. Aubamayang has pulled that trick on Arsenal. With us , Mahrez made himself such a pain in the arse , he had to go. Harry made no secret of his desire to play for Man.U. and Kante  had a release clause. To me , unless they deliberately run their contracts down , our major players are staying. I see this team being together for a while yet.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Very few established players are moving between major clubs now, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and yet players and agents are still using the threat to get vastly improved contracts. Aubamayang has pulled that trick on Arsenal. With us , Mahrez made himself such a pain in the arse , he had to go. Harry made no secret of his desire to play for Man.U. and Kante  had a release clause. To me , unless they deliberately run their contracts down , our major players are staying. I see this team being together for a while yet.

Hopefully they look around the squad and see quality players - this isn’t like when Mahrez or Kante left. Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, MPH said:

Tagliafico available for £13m... plus the Barca winger now being available. Happy days.

it would be true Leicester form  to bring Tags in a year before truly needing him- like maybe if Riccy P goes at the end of next season and Timmy Chestnuts gets the gig permanently at RB.

He's 28.  Probably doesn't fit the profile we go for

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Wouldn't touch Zaha.  Having listened to his post match interviews he has no idea.  Our players generally have a football intelligence well beyond Zaha's.  He has a amazing athleticism and ability; with football intelligence, he would have already achieved much more than he has.  

Our players support each other really well.  A misplaced pass is applauded for the intention.  Zaha is an expert in a stony faced expression of blame.

14 minutes ago, majaco said:

Wouldn't touch Zaha.  Having listened to his post match interviews he has no idea.  Our players generally have a football intelligence well beyond Zaha's.  He has a amazing athleticism and ability; with football intelligence, he would have already achieved much more than he has.  

Our players support each other really well.  A misplaced pass is applauded for the intention.  Zaha is an expert in a stony faced expression of blame.

...his price has boxed him into a situation, that could only be resolved by running his contract down!!!

No one will want to take him on at the price Palace will want, his wages are not going to help the situation either. He is stuck at Palace with little chance of having the chance to fulfil his potential and no wonder he is frustrated on the pitch.

I am sure it is not where he wants to be but he is locked into a conundrum that curtails his release. 

• Like 1

I like zaha as a player but on the pitch as an individual he’s such a whiny, moany ****. Literally cries every time he gets tackled and allows himself to be wound up horrendously. 
I think he’s probably missed the boat on a big move now. Nobody will pay the necessary funds to buy him at his age surely. 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 17:41, Tuna said:

Bertrand wants 3 years at Southampton and they are only willing to give him 2. We aren't giving him a 3 year contract either.

Bertrand Free, trincao £50m, Edouard £15m, Soumare £25m! Remember Slimani was on about £80k a week, Gray must of been on £40k, plus other dead wood to clear. 

16 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Bertrand Free, trincao £50m, Edouard £15m, Soumare £25m! Remember Slimani was on about £80k a week, Gray must of been on £40k, plus other dead wood to clear. 

...it is not the wages that is the problem!!!

We have insufficient funds to spend in that fashion this summer and unless we are going to sell to finance then this will not be an option. The likely hood we will pick up some fees from fringe players would still preclude any such spend without the loss of one of our top players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is not the wages that is the problem!!!

We have insufficient funds to spend in that fashion this summer and unless we are going to sell to finance then this will not be an option. The likely hood we will pick up some fees from fringe players would still preclude any such spend without the loss of one of our top players.

But change Trincao from ‘£50m’ to ‘loan with an option to buy’ and @Heymister2015’s list becomes totally affordable...

19 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

But change Trincao from ‘£50m’ to ‘loan with an option to buy’ and @Heymister2015’s list becomes totally affordable...

Agree, but if reporting is accurate and Barcelona are in financial meltdown, they will probably only be interested in a sale or at best a loan with a obligation to buy, so they can offset the transfer fee on further bank loans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

trincao is supposedly available for £29m not 50 anyway...

Yeh Barca signed him last summer for £27mil according to Transfermrkt, and we offered a 2 year loan with obligation to buy for £45mil if reports are to be believed. So no way we would be considering paying more than that now. Trincao looks a decent prospect but still some way off the finished article Barca require. £29 mil sounds more accurate and more feasible for us, especially considering the financial state Barca are in. 

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Yeh Barca signed him last summer for £27mil according to Transfermrkt, and we offered a 2 year loan with obligation to buy for £45mil if reports are to be believed. So no way we would be considering paying more than that now. Trincao looks a decent prospect but still some way off the finished article Barca require. £29 mil sounds more accurate and more feasible for us, especially considering the financial state Barca are in. 

We don't want a decent prospect, after much disappointment , we need the real deal. I would expect that for 45 million. We simply cannot afford to do a Perez again.