Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We don't want a decent prospect, after much disappointment , we need the real deal. I would expect that for 45 million. We simply cannot afford to do a Perez again.

Sorry, but aren't you the guy who constantly pushes for us to integrate more young prospects into our squad? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sorry, but aren't you the guy who constantly pushes for us to integrate more young prospects into our squad? 

I guess what hes saying is that pushing young prospects into the squad is fine when you consider it costs next to zero in money to do so.  But spending a lot of money on a maybe probably isn't the best way to spend if we are going to have champions league next season.  We probably need 1 or 2 that can hit the ground running so to speak. 

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I guess what hes saying is that pushing young prospects into the squad is fine when you consider it costs next to zero in money to do so.  But spending a lot of money on a maybe probably isn't the best way to spend if we are going to have champions league next season.  We probably need 1 or 2 that can hit the ground running so to speak. 

Spending a wad of money doesn't guarantee anything really though, nor does it automatically get you a player who can or will hit the ground running.

Whatever the club are doing in terms of transfers I'd simply stick to that given how well it's working. Whether a player costs £15m or £30m I wouldn't read too much into that in terms of a barometer of success.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Spending a wad of money doesn't guarantee anything really though, nor does it automatically get you a player who can or will hit the ground running.

Whatever the club are doing in terms of transfers I'd simply stick to that given how well it's working. Whether a player costs £15m or £30m I wouldn't read too much into that in terms of a barometer of success.

If we spend 30 or 40 million on another disappointment there will be hell to pay. This time we have to get it right . There are few attacking wide players of proven quality around but we have to find one. There are no more Barnes' in our youth squads.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

If we spend 30 or 40 million on another disappointment there will be hell to pay. This time we have to get it right . There are few attacking wide players of proven quality around but we have to find one. There are no more Barnes' in our youth squads.

Barnes when in our youth side wasn't a Barnes, he was a pretty average 10, didn't start playing on the wing until he went on loan

Just now, dayday said:

Might be wrong here but ain’t Barcelona got to find funds quick?, that would rule out a loan to buy option, Wolves are also interested.

not necessarily there would be a loan fee and a reduction in the wages they would be paying

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Barnes when in our youth side wasn't a Barnes, he was a pretty average 10, didn't start playing on the wing until he went on loan

Barnes is a bit of a mixture really and I would describe him as a wide striker. We need a real wide man like Albrighton. Marc is still doing a great job but is into his thirties. It ain't going to be easy to find the right player but it is vitally important we get it right this time.

20 minutes ago, dayday said:

Might be wrong here but ain’t Barcelona got to find funds quick?, that would rule out a loan to buy option, Wolves are also interested.

Last time we made an offer it was an obligation to buy at the end of a 2 year loan, if Barcelona loan him out they will probably want it to be an obligation again so that they can borrow against guaranteed funds

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not much value for a club like ours to spend much more than £30m on a player. The only place we can compete with the elite clubs is on the football pitch. Spending £40-50m on one player and he would have to be exceptional as if he flops due to underperforming or injuries then it costs a fortune as you can't move them on. If he excels then the profit will still be limited unless he becomes a genuine world class player.

Not much upside and I prefer buying them young and no more than £30m so there is plenty of upside. The players we've been linked with this summer all fit the model with plenty of scope for improvement but young enough to develop further.

Trinicao £29m

Soumare £20m

Edouard £15m

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes is a bit of a mixture really and I would describe him as a wide striker. We need a real wide man like Albrighton. Marc is still doing a great job but is into his thirties. It ain't going to be easy to find the right player but it is vitally important we get it right this time.

Trinicao sounds very good for us. From what I understand he's a skilful, tricky winger type who is different to Barnes whose assets are more power, pace and directness. It's good to have different types of players in the team and sounds like he and Barnes would compliment each other well by each bringing something different to the party.

38 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think that's a bit harsh on Barnes, regardless of position he was always a player destined for great things, in a similar way that Chilwell was before he broke into the team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Playing 3 at the back means we don't play with natural wingers. We would have to revert to a back 4 to accommodate 2 wingers and that means one of Fofana, Soyoncu or Evans is benched.

We'll use both 3 and 4 at the back next season. There'll be 55+ games, enough for all the CBs to get plenty of minutes.

• Like 1

Part of me would love to see Trincao here, I mean we were so keen, we offered a fantastic deal only for the Barca effect to be more enticing. We must really see something in this kid.

• Like 1

All these prospective signings depend on where we finish, 2nd or 3rd and we get a decent sum of money from UEFA for qualifying for the CL, maybe we had €20 squirrelled away to purchase Ünder (which we won’t judging by his use & performances) Slimani & Gray off the wages bill with some money coming from the sale of them (€10million maybe) the sale of Ghezzal (his stock is rising) James & maybe Choudhury plus Morgan, Fuchs & Jakupovic not getting new contracts.

Fingers crossed we keep all of our first team players and maybe bring in 2 or 3 with 1 of them being a marquee signing..

Up the City... :scarf:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Forget trincao it’s all about Samuel chukweze. Join his Nigerian boys 

...I have posted about him before!!!

Not pulling up any trees this season, 26 appearances 3 goals and 3 assists. I suspect that the appearances includes quite a few substitute performances, he can play both sides as well as CAM.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Foden really is some player. :appl:

Pep had faith that he could take over from Silva, seems that he was right to have. Looking some player and I’m glad that it will benefit England too. I doubt we have a chance of signing him though... 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Pep had faith that he could take over from Silva, seems that he was right to have. Looking some player and I’m glad that it will benefit England too. I doubt we have a chance of signing him though... 

Not so sure, once Man City have to move to the SPL as part of their punishment, you never know.  :dunno:

• Haha 2