Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

KDH putting in another good shift this afternoon so central midfield well covered. I really only see wide attack and another striker obviously needed.

My Luton supporting mate reckons he will be better off staying at Luton for another season, says he’s a very good player but very inconsistent.

I think most are fairly confident he is plenty good enough for the premiership but he is so similar to Praet , it is difficult to see where we accommodate him. However we must not let him go so if he goes out on loan again I hope it is to  a premiership club , Burnley or somewhere like that.

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Might be wrong here but ain’t Barcelona got to find funds quick?, that would rule out a loan to buy option, Wolves are also interested.

I wouldnt worry about a team fighting relegation 

20 minutes ago, dayday said:

My Luton supporting mate reckons he will be better off staying at Luton for another season, says he’s a very good player but very inconsistent.

So just like when Harry Kane played for us.

Good player just inconsistent at championship level

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes is a bit of a mixture really and I would describe him as a wide striker. We need a real wide man like Albrighton. Marc is still doing a great job but is into his thirties. It ain't going to be easy to find the right player but it is vitally important we get it right this time.

Hopefully you mean albrightons work rate, because he goal/assist return is quite frankly shocking for a top 6 side lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Hopefully you mean albrightons work rate, because he goal/assist return is quite frankly shocking for a top 6 side lol

If we can find a player who can combine his work rate, defensive ability and competetive ness with two footed ball playing skills , accuracy with crosses and ten goals a season then we have cracked it and then I shall walk on water.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Barnes is a bit of a mixture really and I would describe him as a wide striker. We need a real wide man like Albrighton. Marc is still doing a great job but is into his thirties. It ain't going to be easy to find the right player but it is vitally important we get it right this time.

we really don't need another Albrighton, that kind if winger doesn't suit modern football, that's why the one we have doesn't start, Marc is a good player but doesn't contribute enough goals and assists over a full season because the way wingers are used has changed

2 hours ago, dayday said:

nothing to do with wanting him to stay another season I'm sure.

Matheus Pereira from WBA looks good and could be available fairly cheap once they go down

Edited by Jimmy

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Are you seriously at the wind-up of late with some of these comments? Leicester have a transfer model and track record that's the envy of most clubs in Europe right now.

I am talking specifics here, Diabate, Ghezzal and initially Perez were hired to play wide right and have not filled the bill . We need a proven quality player. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we really don't need another Albrighton, that kind if winger doesn't suit modern football, that's why the one we have doesn't start, Marc is a good player but doesn't contribute enough goals and assists over a full season because the way wingers are used has changed

nothing to do with wanting him to stay another season I'm sure.

Matheus Pereira from WBA looks good and could be available fairly cheap once they go down

I agree Marc is lacking the attacking skills we need but we need a player who can demonstrate some of his commitment.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Could do a lot worse than Matheus Pereira at Wes Brom in the summer, particularly if funds are tight.

I wonder if he has a clause where he can go for less when they are relegated.

Luke Thomas absolutely schooled him last week, and according to our fans he shouldn't be playing Premier League football yet so I don't know what that says about Pereira.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Thomas absolutely schooled him last week, and according to our fans he shouldn't be playing Premier League football yet so I don't know what that says about Pereira.

Folly to judge a player on one game though. He's looked decent anytime i've saw him tbh, which is maybe only about 7 or 8 times admittedly. His stats are also pretty impressive, especially in a side that's as poor as West Brom are.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Jesus.

Calm down Muzzy , everybody on here has a valid opinion and we often disagree and you know,  not one of us is always proved right . I respect everyone on here and enjoy the banter. 

40 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Folly to judge a player on one game though. He's looked decent anytime i've saw him tbh, which is maybe only about 7 or 8 times admittedly. His stats are also pretty impressive, especially in a side that's as poor as West Brom are.

Oh yes, I wasn't dismissing Pereira. I rate him, not sure if his lack of pace will hinder him getting right to the top but he's technically brilliant and fits the sort of inverted right winger/attacking midfield technician that Rodgers loves. I think Michael Olise and Romain Faivre are 2 similarly gifted players in the same style who will cost less than him though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

They did say he has a good work ethic, but how transferable it is we would not know only if he does arrive

Really hope that our scouting is good enough to figure that out. I remain optimistic. One of the things I keep thinking about is Mahrez and how long it took him to solidify his spot at Man City. Think that Rodgers and Guardiola ask for everything from their attackers. Really curious as to who will be the next left footed attacking prodigy :)

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think you pretty much nailed it there. Rodgers is looking for a super deluxe version of Albrighton.

This guy and cheap too!.........

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

Really hope that our scouting is good enough to figure that out. I remain optimistic. One of the things I keep thinking about is Mahrez and how long it took him to solidify his spot at Man City. Think that Rodgers and Guardiola ask for everything from their attackers. Really curious as to who will be the next left footed attacking prodigy :)

Watching Mahrez at Man City now, he works (a bit) harder and spends a lot of the time doing the simple thing and keeping the ball rather than taking his man on.  I think Pep has worked hard with him to pick and choose his moments in the right areas.  To me he looks even better now unfortunately, like when the five a side show pony (every five a side has one) who learns to pass to his team mates.

• Like 1